Sponsored by:

Quarter windows. For sure or no ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I Bin Therbefor
Early in the game, somone from the Grand Am race tean said that the tail lights were supplied by GM and the team was told to use them on the car.

Sounds an awful like they're from the C7?
I doubt that, but we will just have to wait to see the final C7 tail lights.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by REO3
What if the rear hatch had a removable roof panel?
One thing for sure; the driver wears eye glasses. Other then that, I can't really draw any conclusions from that photo.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I doubt that, but we will just have to wait to see the final C7 tail lights.
Those tail lights symbolize something relevant to the Corvette or GM would not have them on that race car
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I think there is a spoiler on the rendering. The LED brake lites along the top of the rear are integrated into the molded spoiler. I will admit it doesn't look like much of a spoiler...and so much for aftermarket spoilers! Maybe it isn't molded in afteral...hard to tell.

I think this pic just shows tape covering the wire from whatever sensor that is on top of the car. The hatch lines do appear to match the rendering.
Looking at the rendering closely, I agree there is a spoiler behind the rear window. It is hard to see due to glare, but there is a definite height change from the outboard fender towards the third stop light. Tape covers the panel line to an antenna (probably GPS). This proves the rear of the roof panel is like the C 6. Something doesn't look right with the rear window; flat and flanked with extended raised roof protrusions?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Looking at the rendering closely, I agree there is a spoiler behind the rear window. It is hard to see due to glare, but there is a definite height change from the outboard fender towards the third stop light. Tape covers the panel line to an antenna (probably GPS). This proves the rear of the roof panel is like the C 6. Something doesn't look right with the rear window; flat and flanked with extended raised roof protrusions?
Larry, what is your take on that quarter window? Can you see through the window?

On quite a few pics of the new Ferrari F12, the quarter windows are tinted darker than the side windows. I find this extremely unattractive and pray GM doesn't do this with the C7.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I think it is a dark tint, notice the side window has no frame between the glass panels. The renderings show a painted frame. Also notice the hook at the upper forward edge of the quarter window holding the cover. Has the side window been lowered because of this hook? Will this design be the production version?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by John T
Those tail lights symbolize something relevant to the Corvette or GM would not have them on that race car
Early in the game, somone from the Grand Am race tean said that the tail lights were supplied by GM and the team was told to use them on the car.

Sounds an awful like they're from the C7?
I was responding to the statement in bold that they were from the C7.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry/car
As I said earlier, I kinda think this 'quarter window' is set into the hatch and will lift with the hatch. The driver and passenger windows will then rise and lower to seal with it, almost like the convertible top.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

I was responding to the statement in bold that they were from the C7.
I know Ox, I meant that the shape may be relevant. In no way do I think it is the actual taillight
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this one? Migrane here too?
No.... no migrane there...... lobotomy maybe, and then Robocopped.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Those dark tinted windows could actually be solid black plastic panels to give the look of quarter windows, as was done on the Fiero. No matter what they are made of there'll be a major blind spot.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Those dark tinted windows could actually be solid black plastic panels to give the look of quarter windows, as was done on the Fiero. No matter what they are made of there'll be a major blind spot.
Great observation ! But I would be upset if they did that.

Quick Reply: Quarter windows. For sure or no ?