Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This angle looks very good!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 11:45 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Excellent work on the c7. I believe the c7 will be stunning.

Thanks for your efforts.

I dig my c5's and present c6.

Still I realize the new c7 will be even more imressive in both looks and performance
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

Thanks for your efforts.

Still I realize the new c7 will be even more imressive in both looks and performance
It really looks good. That rear has a more aggressive Macho look and as good looking as the C6 is, its rear looks soft in comparison.

If you look closely at that rear it has a hint of Audi R8 also.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,026 Likes on 1,249 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeG37
Thanks for your effort. The thing in the middle makes the C6 look stunning clean and beautiful, and I'm even starting to like the C5. The bulbous rear of your C7 rendition makes it seem like the poor thing is storing a copious amount of butt-fat to make it through the upcoming winter. Just my $0.02.

Last edited by LouieM; 09-09-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by LouieM
Thanks for your effort. The thing in the middle makes the C6 look stunning clean and beautiful, and I'm even starting to like the C5. The bulbous rear of your C7 rendition makes it seem like the poor thing is storing a copious amount of butt-fat to make it through the upcoming winter. Just my $0.02.
Wow. Not seeing this at all...???

I see Ferrari and R8 styling cues in this rear. I think it looks amazing.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

I did about as much as I could with Paintshop Pro to taper the rear glass and C post toward the center. In the Omega vid there looked to be an up-kick (taller) center section that started right above the center ends of the tail light buckets. IMO that will be the spot the C post will terminate, giving the rear glass less of a square look. I also added some black in the lower panel, made the light bezels darker, and did the best I could to make the side glass more visible from the rear.

Mike
That looks pretty damn good...
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
LEFT SIDE for sure.

Im sold. THis half round look is close enough for me.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
LEFT SIDE for sure.

I still dont know how to do a multiquote with the picture. Oh well I did just notice that the tapered glass pic looks so much better tan the non tapered pic. I know its all guesswork right now anyway, but the the non tapered rear glass pic looks a little stale. It has a coupe of other differences too like the mirror placement and side glass.

Last edited by hihoSilver; 09-09-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 PM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Improved rear appearance now

Looking at this updated version of the (3) Corvettes is amazing. I like all three cars. The C7 rendition seems to be a bit more 'race-car' like and gives a better aerodynamic appeal. Hopefully the actual car will show/provide better 3D changes in the back that are easliy noticed when the car is sitting still and moving. It looks to me like there will be better visibility out the back too.
It will take some time to get use to this car but eventually we will all want the new one.
Cheers,
Fuze
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
GmdVT
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 227 Posts

I did about as much as I could with Paintshop Pro to taper the rear glass and C post toward the center. In the Omega vid there looked to be an up-kick (taller) center section that started right above the center ends of the tail light buckets. IMO that will be the spot the C post will terminate, giving the rear glass less of a square look. I also added some black in the lower panel, made the light bezels darker, and did the best I could to make the side glass more visible from the rear.

Mike
If you made the taillights round I think it would seal the deal. Judging by the spyphotos they look to be round LED's and not camaro half circles.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

The more I study the Jalonik profile pic, it seems not only the upper rear fascia ( that houses the taillights ) is convex in shape, but the lower section ( aero / exhaust ) may jut out more in the middle and recede back on each side .

Although we have come a long way with these illustrations, this rear panel may be way more awesome than what we believe , especially in the actual taillight itself.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
DRC
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GmdVT
If you made the taillights round I think it would seal the deal. Judging by the spyphotos they look to be round LED's and not camaro half circles.
I guess it is difficult to come up with really new designs, but that C7 rear still screams NISSAN to me. But, we still have not seen the real thing and GM usually gets it right when we look back after the fact.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by John T
The more I study the Jalonik profile pic, it seems not only the upper rear fascia ( that houses the taillights ) is convex in shape, but the lower section ( aero / exhaust ) may jut out more in the middle and recede back on each side .

Although we have come a long way with these illustrations, this rear panel may be way more awesome than what we believe , especially in the actual taillight itself.
I bet the taillights bend inward around the corners/ends of the bumper.

Additionally, wouldn't it be ironic if the rear of the car ends up being what people end up liking the most? I have a strange suspicion this might actually happen.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DRC
I guess it is difficult to come up with really new designs, but that C7 rear still screams NISSAN to me. But, we still have not seen the real thing and GM usually gets it right when we look back after the fact.
true, maybe a little nissan R35, but I do believe you have to throw in there some audi R8 and Ferrari as well.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by GmdVT
Still looks like a 370Z from the rear to me, but with the angled glass the rear now looks "finished and cohesive" to me. The angled rear window mimics the angled muffler/diffuser and I am not looking around to see what is "off" with the rear end. I can certainly live with this interpretation of the rear end.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Is't there a bit of a crease down the centerline of the tail in the Omega images?

I dunnow what everyone else thinks, but I hope the front looks half as menacing/angry as the back.

Can't wait to see the real thing in person!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,345 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I have always thought the C5 and C6 rear ends looked cool. But the rear end of the "C7" rendering make the others look absolutely plain. I think the rear end of the "C7" rendering looks cool.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by WaxWeekly
Is't there a bit of a crease down the centerline of the tail in the Omega images?

I dunnow what everyone else thinks, but I hope the front looks half as menacing/angry as the back.

Can't wait to see the real thing in person!
Yes , there is a crease
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 PM
criley
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

Thanks for your efforts.

I agree. If the C7 comes out anything like these, I will be happy. Looks awesome. I am excited.

cam
Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
......wouldn't it be ironic if the rear of the car ends up being what people end up liking the most? I have a strange suspicion this might actually happen.
I have been one amount many critics of the rear end. The taillights are still a big concern to me based on what I see from renderings. To begin with, the single unit for taillights turns me off, looks cheap. Regarding the rear view posted above, the flair of the fenders looks good & if they taillights come out looking good, it could be one of the best features of the exterior. Time will tell, cannot wait to see the real deal.

Quick Reply: This angle looks very good!