Sponsored by:

Hey GM!!! Listen up!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Hey OX,

Pay no mind to these commends and do your thing. People take these forums way too seriously.

If you don't like what OX is posting, don't read his threads. Period. I am relatively new to this forum but also a member of numerous other car forums. Never have I seen members, senior members no less, act like this towards others.

It's just a thread and he's having a little fun. Relax.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
Hey OX,

Pay no mind to these commends and do your thing. People take these forums way too seriously.

If you don't like what OX is posting, don't read his threads. Period. I am relatively new to this forum but also a member of numerous other car forums. Never have I seen members, senior members no less, act like this towards others.

You get it. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Aw, and you just have to look at all my threads...poor guy. They do have an ignore feature you know.
BTW, information is what I am looking for...REAL information. Hence the thread.
All you want - Second week of January. Deal with it.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

Hey OX,

We are treated to several Blue Ox threads a day complaining about GM - they are losing the PR wars, they are marketing it all wrong, they aren't giving any inside info out, they have to give us something...

It seems he's on a one man campaign deliberately trying to get GM to screw up the introduction of the C7. Most all of his threads want GM to leak model info, confirm rumors or make a substantial strategic mistake in the marketing or release of their halo model.

it gets really old.

As for ignore - I do ignore the vast majority of his threads simply because in a section dedicated to new information, he provides none.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:53 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
As for ignore - I do ignore the vast majority of his threads simply because in a section dedicated to new information, he provides none.
I must be doing something right, you keep coming back.
Pretty funny that in the thread asking GM (who we are told watch this C7 forum) for real information, you whine about me asking them for some.

BTW, what new information have you provided?

Last edited by BlueOx; 09-06-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

We are treated to several Blue Ox threads a day complaining about GM - they are losing the PR wars, they are marketing it all wrong, they aren't giving any inside info out, they have to give us something...

It seems he's on a one man campaign deliberately trying to get GM to screw up the introduction of the C7. Most all of his threads want GM to leak model info, confirm rumors or make a substantial strategic mistake in the marketing or release of their halo model.

it gets really old.

Believe me, GM is not worried about BlueOx or his ability to screw up the introduction of the C7.

Seriously, BlueOx vs GM...is this really something to concern yourself with?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

[QUOTE=Paulchristian;1581764015][QUOTE=BuckyThreadkiller;1581763824]It seems he's on a one man campaign deliberately trying to get GM to screw up the introduction of the C7. Most all of his threads want GM to leak model info, confirm rumors or make a substantial strategic mistake in the marketing or release of their halo model.

Believe me, GM is not worried about BlueOx or his ability to screw up the introduction of the C7.

I don't lose any sleep over it at all. I drop into this section for the same reasons I did when I came to the C6 Speculation section back in 2004 - to see what spy photos and supposition is running around.

I've been asked by the few GM employees I know not to post or comment on the very little direct information that has rarely come my way. I want those guys to keep their jobs and they do too.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=BuckyThreadkiller;1581764084][QUOTE=Paulchristian;1581764015]

I don't lose any sleep over it at all. I drop into this section for the same reasons I did when I came to the C6 Speculation section back in 2004 - to see what spy photos and supposition is running around.

I've been asked by the few GM employees I know not to post or comment on the very little direct information that has rarely come my way. I want those guys to keep their jobs and they do too.

No one is asking you to spill the beans on what you may know.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

[QUOTE=Paulchristian;1581764132][QUOTE=BuckyThreadkiller;1581764084]
[/B]

No one is asking you to spill the beans on what you may know.
Sorry - cross post. I was responding to BO asking what I had posted.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Yeah, I doubt GM is concerned. I can only imagine the level of negativity they receive on a huge number of issues from a huge number of people. That said, I am an authentic 'Voice of the Customer' like most people here and would like to think they do listen.

I'd like to think that (if they are listening to this C7 Forum and I think they are) they are getting a variety of different Corvette owners' viewpoints. We already know they don't always give us what we ask for or even care what we have to say. That doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't say it or ask for more information.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Yeah, I doubt GM is concerned. I can only imagine the level of negativity they receive on a huge number of issues from a huge number of people. That said, I am an authentic 'Voice of the Customer' like most people here and would like to think they do listen.

I'd like to think that (if they are listening to this C7 Forum and I think they are) they are getting a variety of different Corvette owners' viewpoints. We already know they don't always give us what we ask for or even care what we have to say. That doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't say it or ask for more information.
I agree with you and see no issue with your post. I was trying to make a point with Bucky.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:36 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Well ox Im with u.Im not asking them for every spec..but if they threw us a tiny detail it will make us talk and talk more.it will relieve some tension.hell it can even be just the tire size and.ill be happy.and.guys leave ox alone.this is a friendly forum..why r we all arguing. A fellow enthusiast wants a peek and y'all are bashing him.man just calm the F down.if ur tired of what he has to say then um go to a mustang forum.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

Guys, I've been on here a long time. I put in the original request for the C7 Section back before the bankruptcy when we thought the C7 could be out as a 2011 model.

Begging GM for info isn't the way this works. Never has been. Read the terrific book All Corvettes Are Red. it gives you a very good look at how the C5 was done and the extreme lengths GM goes to NOT to release anything about the car.

I think that's what frustrates me most about threads like this - if you know anything at all about how the system works, you know that not only is GM not going to voluntarily release any data, but they fire people, blackball suppliers and embargo journalists to keep it all a big secret.

At the NCM Bash, Tadge stated categorically that they aren't turning loose of anything and that most everything reported in the media will be wrong.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Their ability to keep a secret is impressive...
Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Garrett SNA
Their ability to keep a secret is impressive...
Well except for the Jalopnik and Omega pics/video.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, cool. I didn't know we had a direct line to GM for request on info....

Ok, well here goes:

Alright GM you've had your fun, and it's been a brilliant strategy.....but go ahead and let the cat out of the bag and tell us that the rendering stuff we've been seeing is really the latest version of the Cadillac XLR....That the real C7 has had all it's R&D done out at area 51. Go ahead and tell us that the styling is so drop dead sexy that none of us will be able to find a single flaw with it. In fact the new C7 is going to wow so many people that it will single handedly provide enough revenue to pay back the bailout money in it's first model year alone ....and while your at it, give us the tidbit on the C8 that says it will not even have tires let alone AWD, so we can obsess about that statement for the next 6yrs.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am going nuts every day thinking bout the c7. But I don't post it, just drive my fiance nuts Haha I would like to know one FACT about the c7. Engine, weight, HP, body parts, wheels, etc etc. What bothers me most about all these guesses is the tail lights and the smaller cube. I am begging gm to keep rounded or 3/4 moon tail lights and more HP!!!! I know direct injection has been confirmed but I hope it doesn't drop to 5.5L
Old 09-06-2012, 10:40 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

Well except for the Jalopnik and Omega pics/video.
Which obviously aren't official GM releases.

With the C6 we had the infamous "Boat Shop" pics that were of one of the beta car body bucks.

Then we got a shipping company blurry cell phone pic of a car in transit for out of the country testing.

Then finally when they were shooting the commercial for the release a sharp eyed guy in San Fransisco caught it on the car transporter.

Nothing formal came from GM. It's just not what they do. There was a very closely cropped image of the C6 headlight bucket used in a corporate presentation but they never said what it was and it wasn't until later that somebody said - "Hey, that was the C6 headlight!"

Last edited by BuckyThreadkiller; 09-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

I doubt the commercial-shoot leak will happen this time around. And remember, that was the Chevrolet Revolution commercial, not the C5 intro spot. GM isn't running an ad during the Super Bowl, so there isn't so much pressure to have a big splashy ad so early. They don't have to risk a C7 sighting in December. They could film in January to hit March Madness. Or just wait until May sweeps, closer to the car's availability.

.Jinx

Quick Reply: Hey GM!!! Listen up!!