Sponsored by:

C7 a wide body or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
The bottom half of the "C7" looks totally Cadillac to me .....no thanks!

Please get the Cady design team back to Cadillac where they belong and ban them impermanently from anything Chevy related.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Cadillac, I just don't want to see anymore things taking styling cues from them. Let Cady be Cady. If other car makers want to copy them ...fine. But GM doing it to themselves?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 AM
CMCvette
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I truly hope they do NOT make it as wide -- the Vette really needs a diet and smaller turning radius like its older predecessors!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:48 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

I did not realize it until today after following behind a new Mustang but the fastback on the C7 reminds me more of a new Mustang than a Corvette.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by CMCvette
I truly hope they do NOT make it as wide -- the Vette really needs a diet and smaller turning radius like its older predecessors!
Smaller turning radius would be most welcome. But it looks like the wheelbase is longer...
Old 09-08-2012, 06:51 AM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

This rendering would suggest that the C7 may have a lower height.

The C6 is listed at 49"...any thoughts (or information keeks ) on height of the C7?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:46 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the blacked out look of the angles just outside the taillights. The Jalopnik renderings (the first ones to be released) show a much more busy rear. The pic above is simpler and looks better.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:57 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by hihoSilver
I like the blacked out look of the angles just outside the taillights. The Jalopnik renderings (the first ones to be released) show a much more busy rear. The pic above is simpler and looks better.
I am counting the days until some master photoshopper (MikeG37) puts the Jalopnik rear fascia on the Trinity car
Old 09-08-2012, 08:02 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hihoSilver
That's interesting .....goes to show how different we all are.
That area of the lights is what I really don't like (at least the way it's depicted) I'm not really all that concerned that they might not be "round", even though I do feel that roundish tail lights are a symbol of a Corvette.

I feel that the area you're referring to looks out of place, and the more I see it the more I'm wondering if the renderings don't have it wrong in the sense that it's more of a change in the body lines rather than part of the bezel that is colored differently than the body....if that makes any sense....
Old 09-08-2012, 08:32 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by CarBoy
That's interesting .....goes to show how different we all are.
That area of the lights is what I really don't like (at least the way it's depicted) I'm not really all that concerned that they might not be "round", even though I do feel that roundish tail lights are a symbol of a Corvette.

I feel that the area you're referring to looks out of place, and the more I see it the more I'm wondering if the renderings don't have it wrong in the sense that it's more of a change in the body lines rather than part of the bezel that is colored differently than the body....if that makes any sense....
CarBoy, The black around the tail lights is like a open grille of some sort which is very similar to what Audi does with the rear fascia of their R8
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The similarity to the camaro is uncanny. IF I wanted a Camaro, I would buy a Camaro...

Quick Reply: C7 a wide body or not?