St. Jude Donor '09

Those are some very skinny tires.....
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM
chiefttp
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Old Camo
New camo

There is one glaring difference between this photo from a few months ago to the recent one taken a few days ago. Notice the cut-outs in the camo for the tail-lights, its a rectangular opening. The newer photo's show the cut-out in the camo to be 2 round circles. My theory is the lights aren't round, they're rectangular thats why the older camo was made that way to reflect the taillights shape. After all the controversy, I think they made subsequent camo covers to hide the real shape with the 2 circles and also to try to deceive and trick. Think about it, if your the guy who originally has to order the camo covers and they ask you what shape do you need for the taillights, your going to say the shape of the tailights, not what you think people would want to see in a debate months ahead in the future! Just a guess, what do you guys think?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefttp
Old Camo
New camo

There is one glaring difference between this photo from a few months ago to the recent one taken a few days ago. Notice the cut-outs in the camo for the tail-lights, its a rectangular opening. The newer photo's show the cut-out in the camo to be 2 round circles. My theory is the lights aren't round, they're rectangular thats why the older camo was made that way to reflect the taillights shape. After all the controversy, I think they made subsequent camo covers to hide the real shape with the 2 circles and also to try to deceive and trick. Think about it, if your the guy who originally has to order the camo covers and they ask you what shape do you need for the taillights, your going to say the shape of the tailights, not what you think people would want to see in a debate months ahead in the future! Just a guess, what do you guys think?
I am going with the clearest thing I've seen to date regarding the taillights...and that is the Omega video. I think they will be rectagular housing units with round LEDs inside.

Funny how some people see round lights while others see rectangular lights behind all that tape and camo. I can't make out a damn thing. Way too much confusion going on back there.

Last edited by Paulchristian; 09-18-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

There also appear to be lights on both sides of the.exahust in the second pic. I doubt if they made many changes in the body once the car started floating around. My wish is for a great looking, great performing car.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Real question here, not an attempt at snarkiness... Why do they bother with cutouts at all during the real-world road tests? Why not just wire a couple of obvious add-ons to the outside of the camo cloth? All they have to do is satisfy road rules for safety indicators. It's not going to affect road handling or other testing, is it? They can pretty well tell whether the built-in brake lights and turn signals work back at the labs in their sealed dungeon of doom. I truly don't understand why a car company would bother with taped-up cutouts and attempts at masquerade.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Absolutely NOTHING has changed since last January's winter photos...
but that doesn't stop Jalop-crap from increasing hit counts on their web site.

They are attention ******. I still expect a future spy "photo" from them (it will be a rendering - though they will call it a photo) that shows Elvis driving.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
but that doesn't stop Jalop-crap from increasing hit counts on their web site.

They are attention ******. I still expect a future spy "photo" from them (it will be a rendering - though they will call it a photo) that shows Elvis driving.
Well, I wouldn't look at it quite that way...I mean the auto magazines all have similar web sites that try to get your attention. Jalopnik strives to sell ad space so getting your attention is really how they make money.

Like the trade mags, Jalopnik is part of a large corporate media empire...
Gawker Media is the publisher of some of the best loved titles on the web including the eponymous Gawker and gadget sensation Gizmodo. Founded in 2002 by Nick Denton, the influential media group now produces eight original brands with a collective audience of tens of millions of US readers. Attracting fans and critics alike for their inimitable delivery of news, scandal, and entertainment, the Gawker Media properties are heralded as everything from 'deliciously wicked' to 'the biggest blog in the world.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

I agree.i think its rectangular housing with circle l.e.d
Old 09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
timmmmay
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
Here is a link.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/spie...quarters-view/

That sure looks like a removable top to me. The masses can cease worrying. Shame that there is still so much camo on it, revealing nothing new. I know I will regret saying this, but the two center taillights sure do look circular to me.
While the top does definitely look removable - the opening hatch doesn't look large enough to fit the wider roof.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:23 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by timmmmay
While the top does definitely look removable - the opening hatch doesn't look large enough to fit the wider roof.
I wish we had a clear shot of the hatch open on the camo car.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
ravill
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

evolution, not revolution with the body design.

My C6 will still give it a run for the money.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
BobbyC3
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by ravill
evolution, not revolution with the body design.

My C6 will still give it a run for the money.
I see a C6 under the covers
Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 AM
T A WS6 M6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgive me for not reading all of the way through the thread, but has anyone noticed that all four taillights in these photos are a different shape? Take a close look. Two are round, two are round in a rectangular set of some kind, and even those aren't identical. There are four different taillights on the car in these photos.....
Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

No... all four are generic round LED units. The shape you see around each round light element is created by the haphazard application of the vinyl wrap with the crazy pattern.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM
wfoZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 209 Posts

The paint job rocks.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 774 Likes on 468 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

So after 7 pages and all these "spy" photos, here's what we know:

The shape of the
roof
windshield
exhausts.

Oh, and the headlights are oriented longitudinally instead of horizontal like the C6.

That's it! Those taillights under there could be LED boat trailer lights for all we know.

OK, carry on with your over analysis.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Dont forget we know that its a male driver!!!!!"

Quick Reply: "Automobile" magazine has posted new spy photos