Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What with the base C7 have in it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 PM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Default What with the base C7 have in it?

I drive a base 08 Vette with an A6 transmission. That's what I want in a C7, but I really hope it comes with cooled seats. Also, the radio shouldn't be a POS like the current Vette. It should have navigation and sync up with any smart phone, not just iPhones.
So what do you guys know or think the base model will have?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

We have seen a picture showing the cooled seats but whether that is in the base car or an extra cost option you have to pay for is not known at this time.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:50 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would not expect the heated or cooled seats to be standard. I expect those will be in a 2LT or 3LT model. It will likely be in something they'll call "Comfort and Convenience Package". And that package will end up being included in one of the xLT trims.

That's pretty much how GM does things. But look on the bright side: a lot of high end car manufacturers don't give you a lot standard in comparison to what you get with the Corvette. BMW is notorious for offering the fewest standard options. At least in the Corvette, A/C is standard.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
I would not expect the heated or cooled seats to be standard. I expect those will be in a 2LT or 3LT model. It will likely be in something they'll call "Comfort and Convenience Package". And that package will end up being included in one of the xLT trims.

That's pretty much how GM does things. But look on the bright side: a lot of high end car manufacturers don't give you a lot standard in comparison to what you get with the Corvette. BMW is notorious for offering the fewest standard options. At least in the Corvette, A/C is standard.
Porsche's standard equipment is no better than the Corvette either.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
rpm94
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

My car has a radio????

Damn, never even thought of turning it on. I will have to run out to the garage and check.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

We will once again be subjected to OnStar and XM ...............
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

The jury is out on cooled seats? I like heated seats, I love summer temperatures and probably wouldn't opt for cool, "I could be wrong though". If it comes as a pair (heated & cooled) I will definately opt for this capability in seat comfort.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:53 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Corvette's reputation as a great value depends on keeping the base price down. When the C5 and C6 were introduced the base equipment was tweaked a little so that at introduction they appeared to be a better value than the final year of the outgoing generation. The same is likely for the C7. Then you order the options you need.

Historically when a new generation Corvette appears it uses a then-current GM radio etc. But Corvette model cycles are 2 or 3 times longer than other GM cars and the radio, nav, etc end up being outdated after about mid-cycle even compared to new low priced GM cars. Depending upon what you buy a Corvette for, this could be a non-issue or a big issue. Maybe when doing mid-cycle refreshes to the Corvette they should start considering updating the entertainment systems to current standards...?

Last edited by ZL-1; 11-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Larry/car
The jury is out on cooled seats? I like heated seats, I love summer temperatures and probably wouldn't opt for cool, "I could be wrong though". If it comes as a pair (heated & cooled) I will definately opt for this capability in seat comfort.
Bet it is the combo set up. Doing just heated would not be cost effective in this day and age.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ryoder
...I really hope it comes with cooled seats. Also, the radio shouldn't be a POS like the current Vette. It should have navigation and sync up with any smart phone, not just iPhones...
I think you're going in the wrong direction for a base C7.

I'd like to see less stuff than a base no-options C6. So...
-- No heated or cooled seats
-- No NAV
-- No phone sync
-- No fob system
-- All-season tires

That is, the BASE C7 should be a basic year-round sports car. If you want more, buy the option packages.

Speaking of options...
-- Radio delete
-- Sound system package (wiring harness & pre-wired speaker cut-outs)
-- Non-runflat tires
-- Insulation package
-- Stand-alone HUD
-- Firm, well-bolstered manual seats covered in a durable cloth
-- Rear-mounted battery
-- Built-in battery maintainer
-- "Track" package (suspension, gears, coolers, tires)

And as long as I'm dreaming, how about a base model that's a Hardtop? Like the 1999/2000 C5 Hardtop -- which led to the 2001 Z06.

Unfortunately, I think the C7 will be a "step-up" from the C6 in terms of feature content.

At least I think it's safe to say, the base C7 will not have cooled seats.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:39 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I highly doubt it won't have the RFID fob, if that's what you're talking about. That's part of the over-all electronics and ignition system. They're not going to have both a keyed system and an RFID system. It's one or the other and I highly doubt they're going back to a keyed ignition after the C6 and considering that just about all new cars now are RFID.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
I think you're going in the wrong direction for a base C7.

I'd like to see less stuff than a base no-options C6. So...
-- No heated or cooled seats
-- No NAV
-- No phone sync
-- No fob system
-- All-season tires

That is, the BASE C7 should be a basic year-round sports car. If you want more, buy the option packages.

Speaking of options...
-- Radio delete
-- Non-runflat tires
-- Insulation package
-- Stand-alone HUD
-- Firm, well-bolstered manual seats covered in a durable cloth
-- Rear-mounted battery
-- Built-in battery maintainer
-- "Track" package (suspension, gears, coolers, tires)

And as long as I'm dreaming, how about a base model that's a Hardtop? Like the 1999/2000 C5 Hardtop -- which led to the 2001 Z06.

Unfortunately, I think the C7 will be a "step-up" from the C6 in terms of feature content.

At least I think it's safe to say, the base C7 will not have cooled seats.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

And as we all know many of our enterprising Vendors and CF members will find a way to take any high-end feature/accessory and or performance enhancing component and retro fit it to the base C7.

Just look at what folks did with the ba C6 and retro fitting all the Z06 parts to make a "wide-body" base C6, or the Sport Seat mod. Hell I did that to my base 99 coupe back in 2001. And we all know how easy it is to retro fit the HUD into non-HUD cars.

So my guess is GM will package all sorts of nifty tech gizmo's into the optional trim packages to get folks to spend up until the Z06/ZR1 come along.

So don't expect too many "new standard" features on the base C7.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by rpm94
My car has a radio????

Damn, never even thought of turning it on. I will have to run out to the garage and check.
I never turn on the radio in my Vette even if it is an 86. I would much rather listen to the motor. Besides, the "Blose" really sucks.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
Speaking of options...
Has any model car from any manufacturer ever offered this?

That's not a snarky question, it's a sincere question. I don't recall every hearing of the concept, but I like the idea.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryKen
Has any model car from any manufacturer ever offered this?

That's not a snarky question, it's a sincere question. I don't recall every hearing of the concept, but I like the idea.
Yeah, 25 or 30 years ago "radio provisions" was a pretty common option.
I worked for a big GM dealer that ordered most of our inventory that way. Then when a customer bought the car we just installed his choice of radio.

Get notified of new replies

To What with the base C7 have in it?

Quick Reply: What with the base C7 have in it?