Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The back glass is Sooooo ugly though. It's huge and not proportioned with the car. That is the worst thing imo. Everything else I can live with. As long as it really performs. If it can't perform idc how good it looks. It'd be a fail
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
Larry, this confirms what I and others discussed as far back as 9/23/2012 and maybe earlier. Take a look here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...post1581905457

Thanks for remaining me about that and it looks like we finally got confirmation from a good source.
You won't be able to gauge the quality of the source until Jan. 13
Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddhaZ06
The back glass is Sooooo ugly though. It's huge and not proportioned with the car. That is the worst thing imo. Everything else I can live with. As long as it really performs. If it can't perform idc how good it looks. It'd be a fail
I think it's an improvement over the current back glass, purely subjective I guess.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by keeks2915
I can't comment on what you think you see..... I would need to be in your head more than I am already...... Ha...

I saw a very distinct double line on the fenders as you have been discussing.
Take backs not allowed
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
TheStarbright1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm one of the very few that would not mind the camaro-esque rear end. As much as I loved the back view of the C6, making the car look like a similar model that is "more popular" with the younger group seems like an excellent choice, and the renderings with it don't even look that bad. That, or I'm just very optimistic that the C7 will look and drive like a much improved car, which is always something to be positive about
We'll all see on Jan. 13 anyway, so being negative about it until then is just making yourself more miserable for possibly nothing
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Must be. I just don't like the idea of all this change of the Corvette. Always somewhat had a lil tear drop back glass. Mostly had round tails. I think it'll be killer in person. I still don't understand how the back hatch works. Where it is etc. And why the rear quarter glass is there. Cuz of blind spots?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheStarbright1
I think I'm one of the very few that would not mind the camaro-esque rear end. As much as I loved the back view of the C6, making the car look like a similar model that is "more popular" with the younger group seems like an excellent choice, and the renderings with it don't even look that bad. That, or I'm just very optimistic that the C7 will look and drive like a much improved car, which is always something to be positive about
We'll all see on Jan. 13 anyway, so being negative about it until then is just making yourself more miserable for possibly nothing
Most kids can't spend $55k+ on a car.20-30 sure. And most kids will be having kids so a $55k toy isn't very practical.2+2 please!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM
TheStarbright1
Instructor

Most kids can't spend $55k+ on a car.20-30 sure. And most kids will be having kids so a $55k toy isn't very practical.2+2 please!!
When I said younger group I didn't limit my words to kids who have little to spend and need basic transportation like a Nissan Versa (wonderful car, btw). There are enough younger people with anything from E92's to 458's. Of course, that number is not huge and certainly very few if any people will cross shop base Corvettes with 250k Ferraris, but I think what is being attempted with the Camaro rear end is attract people who have the money to buy a Cayman or an M3 and think the Camaro looks good but is "lowly". A similarly looking, drastically higher performing Corvette would tickle their fancy at the very least
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

I just refer to younger cuz there are a lot of 18-28yr olds with camaros in my area. I'm 24 and my wife is 21 and she has a 2010 v6 camaro. Loves it. I hate it. Love the looks and the v6 though. If I could I'd trade my z06 and ws6 in for a c7 if it had 2+2 and if I could come up with $20k extra Haha.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
TheStarbright1
Instructor

I just refer to younger cuz there are a lot of 18-28yr olds with camaros in my area. I'm 24 and my wife is 21 and she has a 2010 v6 camaro. Loves it. I hate it. Love the looks and the v6 though. If I could I'd trade my z06 and ws6 in for a c7 if it had 2+2 and if I could come up with $20k extra Haha.
Oh goodness, welcome to my world where 3/5 people I talk cars with have v6 camaros
Though one also owns a brand new M6 coupe, to which a) I say he is a very lucky sob and b) that there will always be someone who can afford what you make and you can try to pitch your product to them somehow. It's just more difficult with the Corvette with all of the stereotypes and reputations built from past generations as opposed to an M6, who's target audience is anyone who wants a cool, fast car, but hates themselves enough to not buy an Aston Martin I'm sure GM could pull it off with the C7 though...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Haha I hope so! I'm surrounded by mustang guys! One guy has a n/a 600hp 331cid mustang lol prolly run with my stock 345hp ws6
Old 11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
TheStarbright1
Instructor

Haha I hope so! I'm surrounded by mustang guys! One guy has a n/a 600hp 331cid mustang lol prolly run with my stock 345hp ws6
O.o Well to be honest I am considering the revised mustang as my next car. Direct Injection will do wonders for it in every way, as will lighter weight. And nice to hear you have a WS6, I don't see enough of them around haha.
On topic, there's been no confirmation/leaks on what the rear will actually look like? Because I'm starting to think they taillights will be more round than square. The shape of the car is beautiful though, so I'm not complaining at any possible result.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:27 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Di is the next big thing imo.
I agree. I'm thinking kinda 3/4 moon lights of some sort. Like the daytona prototype cars
Old 11-30-2012, 07:34 PM
TheStarbright1
Instructor

Di is the next big thing imo.
I agree. I'm thinking kinda 3/4 moon lights of some sort. Like the daytona prototype cars
Yes, DI is the next thing, but I'm surprised that not everyone is doing it already with the success this last decade...
Okay, the daytona taillights are actually kind of weird lol. It appears, to me at least, that GM is trying to make the Corvette less distinct and more mainstream in terms of design. That is what sells, after all. In reference, look at Artega and Gilleta. If you've not heard about them recently or at all, that's what being distinct at the wrong time will do
Roundish-Square taillights...trapezoids maybe?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Zero input.....

This car has been locked and loaded, parts sourced, suppliers teed up.

Your input now could only possibly affect the C8.

Car Companies don't work on short schedules.

I chuckle how people still debate what it will look like.

I know what Pamela Sue Anderson looks like naked, even with her bikini on...... All has been revealed.

I had mentioned this before.

The design team has heard the bitching about the tailights and don't care.

Their response was "everyone had a hernia about the fixed headlights on the C6 (many would argue, much larger than the haters about these tailights) and guess what hey learned to live with them........."
I was hoping. It just looks to me that under the camo the bacllight is narrower.

But I can wait to see.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
just one very hypothetical situation; should the c7 not resemble or is a little different than jalopnlk, keeks, c&d whoever, is their credibility shot on this forum? Blue ox you seem dead set and believe every word and picture they say and use that this is the car. I hope for their sake and yours (not mine though) that this is the car.
Well, I have every faith that we have seen the basis of the C7. I have said many times there are a lot of details that may look different. When I see the Omega Tool video of the rear form matching (and thus confirming) very closely what we have seen from Jalopnik and then months later see the same look in Keek's CADs images, yes, I do tend to lean in that direction.

Do I give a rat's patoot if I or anyone else has 'credibility' about this? No. It is all speculation and done for fun because I, for one, am sick of waiting nearly 10 years for GM to refresh the wonderfulness that is Corvette.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Well, I have every faith that we have seen the basis of the C7. I have said many times there are a lot of details that may look different. When I see the Omega Tool video of the rear form matching (and thus confirming) very closely what we have seen from Jalopnik and then months later see the same look in Keek's CADs images, yes, I do tend to lean in that direction.

Do I give a rat's patoot if I or anyone else has 'credibility' about this? No. It is all speculation and done for fun because I, for one, am sick of waiting nearly 10 years for GM to refresh the wonderfulness that is Corvette.
Internet credibility is sooooooooooo important........

Maybe I was duped, maybe I wasn't. But I would be interested in seeing post-reveal, a checklist of what was right or wrong from my info....

Because I really want more Internet credibility

Get notified of new replies

To C7 rear

Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Zero input.....

This car has been locked and loaded, parts sourced, suppliers teed up.

Your input now could only possibly affect the C8.

Car Companies don't work on short schedules.

I chuckle how people still debate what it will look like.

I know what Pamela Sue Anderson looks like naked, even with her bikini on...... All has been revealed.

I had mentioned this before.

The design team has heard the bitching about the tailights and don't care.

Their response was "everyone had a hernia about the fixed headlights on the C6 (many would argue, much larger than the haters about these tailights) and guess what hey learned to live with them........."
I agree. When are people going to realize no more round lights. We even seen the omega video. Get it throught your thick skull guys. Say it with me no more round tail lights. Say it and accept it. **** is old already sound like the c6z guys and the valve issue. Time to embrace the new changes and a new market and that's what gm is aiming for. No more old fat man car.

Last edited by Chicago1; 11-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx

Yep. We've been starring at it for a year now. Maybe not 100%, but enough to know what it will look like besides the small details.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I remember when the "keeksCAD's came through for the first time -- 2 of the pics showed motor configurations and we noticed an odd double line on fender.

It was wild when Crabby said the double line fender originated on the "Stingray Concept"

C7 , The hardest puzzle we have ever put together

Quick Reply: C7 rear