C7 & Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Looks like a Ford Fusion to me.
Congratulations on saying the dumbest thing ever posted on CF.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

both have four wheels
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
lol I'm 6'4. I really wanted to fit in there but my knees were touching. The dealer went so far as to find some altered seat mounts...still no dice. Everytime I went to push in the clutch my knee would hit. Had to say no
I saw a DB9 yesterday near work. I rarely see them out on the road in East County San Diego. It was definitely a head-turner.

I always wished I was taller, until I realized I could fit into cars, you tall guys couldn't. I stopped wishing for it after that.

In a few years when they are relatively cheap, I wouldn't mind picking one up with a bad drivetrain and swapping in an LS stroker and a 6spd.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
I saw a DB9 yesterday near work. I rarely see them out on the road in East County San Diego. It was definitely a head-turner.

I always wished I was taller, until I realized I could fit into cars, you tall guys couldn't. I stopped wishing for it after that.

In a few years when they are relatively cheap, I wouldn't mind picking one up with a bad drivetrain and swapping in an LS stroker and a 6spd.
The old V8 Vantage is dropping in price like crazy. SO maybe another year or two they will be cheap enough to throw an LS in there and make it scream. My neighbor has a gallardo, I can't even fit into the passenger seat in that thing. Corvette, R8 and the M6 all fit well LOL I guess Americans and Germans are taller than the Italians and British. LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
The old V8 Vantage is dropping in price like crazy. SO maybe another year or two they will be cheap enough to throw an LS in there and make it scream. My neighbor has a gallardo, I can't even fit into the passenger seat in that thing. Corvette, R8 and the M6 all fit well LOL I guess Americans and Germans are taller than the Italians and British. LOL
Isn't the R8 the same as a Gallardo?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by robvuk
Isn't the R8 the same as a Gallardo?
Not on interior space. The R8 has plenty of leg and sholder room. The Gallardo not so much at all. Now if you start talking mechanicals they are quite a few similarities.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Not even close. I'm hoping the C7 looks amazing in person, but you're putting it up against the company that makes the most beautiful cars in the world right now IMHO. The 'Vette doesn't stand a chance against that Vanquish or the DBS.
I agree that the cars do not look very similar (unless you think every high performance coupe looks similar... they all have some overlapping themes/body lines). But I completely disagree about how good looking the A-Mart is.

Aston Martin makes some purty cars, but that one is certainly not one of their best. I think even the current C6 looks better, and most people would probably agree if not for how common Corvettes are and how rare Astons are.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 12-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Congratulations on saying the dumbest thing ever posted on CF.
Look at the front end and tell me it doesn't look like the Fusion.

People all over this forum are saying the C7 looks like a Camaro...that is the dumbest thing said on CF.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM
HHZ06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, other than the modern day Ford GT what has Detroit produced in the past 40 years that is automotive art worthy. The Aston exudes sex on wheels.

Edit... The 1996 Viper GTS

Last edited by HHZ06; 12-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Look at the front end and tell me it doesn't look like the Fusion.

People all over this forum are saying the C7 looks like a Camaro...that is the dumbest thing said on CF.
As we all know, Ford owned Aston and Land Rover. I think it is wrong that they copied the Aston "mouth" for the Fusion and the Focus ST too. If you look closely you can see the Range Rover in the new Ford Explorer. I am sure Ford justified this blatant rip off by their multi billion dollar loss on their 'British Experiment".
Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

I don't know where all of these stories come from about DB9's being for short people. I'm 6'3" and 215 I'm fortunate to get to canyon carve with a couple of DB9's often. I have zero problems being comfortable in the cars.

The interior of the DB9 even beats Ferrari IMHO. True world class leather and wood treatments. The DB9 is far easier to drive fast than most Ferrari cars and much, much more comfortable on the highway. The DB9 probably has one of the most fluid tail designs of any vehicle, so yes, I agree it is definitely approaching the world class Ford Fusion design.

I agree with some of the comments about DCT trannys. They let one go as deep and fast into a corner as you dare ... faster actually, and that is part of the problem. A 500-600 HP car with a high performance DCT is a recipe for collisions in the hands of an amateur driver.

I've never owned anything but manual shift performance cars because I love shifting. But, I've now gotten to where I would like to have a second sports car with a DCT.

But, the problem is that a so-so DCT is not fun to drive. If GM is going to develop or purchase a DCT for the C7, it has to be a world class DCT and I just don't see that happening in the base C7 price bracket. So, for now, I will probably buy a used DB9 down the road and just keep customizing the performance of my C5 until GM quits trying to Camaroize the Corvette.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by B747VET
I don't know where all of these stories come from about DB9's being for short people. I'm 6'3" and 215 I'm fortunate to get to canyon carve with a couple of DB9's often. I have zero problems being comfortable in the cars.

The interior of the DB9 even beats Ferrari IMHO. True world class leather and wood treatments. The DB9 is far easier to drive fast than most Ferrari cars and much, much more comfortable on the highway. The DB9 probably has one of the most fluid tail designs of any vehicle, so yes, I agree it is definitely approaching the world class Ford Fusion design.

I agree with some of the comments about DCT trannys. They let one go as deep and fast into a corner as you dare ... faster actually, and that is part of the problem. A 500-600 HP car with a high performance DCT is a recipe for collisions in the hands of an amateur driver.

I've never owned anything but manual shift performance cars because I love shifting. But, I've now gotten to where I would like to have a second sports car with a DCT.

But, the problem is that a so-so DCT is not fun to drive. If GM is going to develop or purchase a DCT for the C7, it has to be a world class DCT and I just don't see that happening in the base C7 price bracket. So, for now, I will probably buy a used DB9 down the road and just keep customizing the performance of my C5 until GM quits trying to Camaroize the Corvette.
The story came from me I'm 6'4 265lbs. Not fat at all and did not fit. Atlanta Motorsports..Is and has been my dealer of choice for a few years did everything they could including altered seat mounts but it did not work. I guess a few inches can make or break you
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Height matters too but body type is just as important. I've had guys my height who can only drive my car with the top down, and I'm a good 4 inches from the top: long legs. It's much easier to fit long legs in today's sportscars compared to torso.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamerak
it's a three hundred thousand dollar car, not really sure what your point is?
i dont think the op is comparing the two cars per say. He's just asking if we think they have similiar styling. At least that's the way i took it. In my mind i think the jaloponik renderings resemble the seventh generation (1999-2006) celica gt-s with the aero body kit.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
i dont think the op is comparing the two cars per say. He's just asking if we think they have similiar styling. At least that's the way i took it. In my mind i think the jaloponik renderings resemble the seventh generation (1999-2006) celica gt-s with the aero body kit.
If I could have gotten the looks of the Aston for the price of my C6 I might have done it, even if the performance was not on par with the Corvette.

Quick Reply: C7 & Aston Martin