Sponsored by:

Don't worry about the C7 taillights, the world will end soon, anyway

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:18 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

Default Don't worry about the C7 taillights, the world will end soon, anyway

I have been coming to Corvette web sites mainly as a diversion from every day life, I'll have to admit, since I have been watching what is NOT going on on Capitol Hill, that is, not fixing what looks like an economic armegeddon.

Even if you're a Rockefeller or Kennedy trust fund kid (or maybe especially if you are), 1 JAN 2013 will not be a good day for most people who are part of productive society, especially if you are merely a working stiff who has to do budget calculations to find the room for that shiny new or even used car.

Every day I read about new taxes, "contributions" if you are so inclined, that were NEVER discussed while legislation was being passed, elections being won, etc, that will completely kill any concept of disposable income for most people.

If this comes to pass, and I don't see any chance that it won't (the "Financial Cliff" if I'm being too obtuse), then even the most ardent redistribution cheerleaders will have a hard time arguing that the "recovery" isn't cooked. Of course, it could be that we're facing even worse problems so we won't even notice being taxed into oblivion.

Am I the only one with the thought that plunking down 60 grand on a toy and the subsequent expenses is not really that good of an idea with all the uncertain factors we face?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet your glass is half empty?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

We have a section here for this topic and it's in PRC.

Get notified of new replies

To Don't worry about the C7 taillights, the world will end soon, anyway

Quick Reply: Don't worry about the C7 taillights, the world will end soon, anyway