Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
trading tiger
CF Senior Member

Default If the pics of the C7 are accurate...

Thank God I bought a C6 GS last month. Those C7's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C6's are going to sell like hotcakes.
trading tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trading tiger View Post
Thank God I bought a C6 GS last month. Those C7's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C6's are going to sell like hotcakes.
I doubt that and I'm not even sure that I will like the C7 yet.
ncvette_1FUNRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Dre01SS
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Dre01SS Send a message via Yahoo to Dre01SS

The opinion is strong with this post.

No they won't... They'll sell just like every other Vette has sold when introduced. There'll be early adopters, coming from within the brand, and outside of the brand.
Dre01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
mcandrew67
CF Senior Member

I too say no they won't..... unsuspecting buyers will also be paying hefty dealer markups on top of it. And, dealers will find the suckers willing to pay it.
mcandrew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Random84
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
The opinion is strong with this post.

No they won't... They'll sell just like every other Vette has sold when introduced. There'll be early adopters, coming from within the brand, and outside of the brand.

A lot of people buy things just because they're new, fashionable or because it is the "best" they can afford. Not everyone is a purist, sometimes people just buy cars as an image, or a weekend toy, or to have the Next Big Thing. Some people buy cars for the gadgets on the insides, some people buy for the comfort or economy, others buy stripped out no-frills cars for the outsides, or the performance. That's why commercials always try to lure in the New Buyer - most people are "new buyers" when it comes to brand or car type.

They will sell - time will tell how well though.
Random84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
ATC399
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

They will sale like "hot cakes"...its going to be a Beast
ATC399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
VatorMan
CF Senior Member
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11

Send a message via AIM to VatorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by troller399 View Post
They will sale like "hot cakes"...its going to be a Beast
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
LawrenceFromTorrance
CF Senior Member

Let's see
1) More HP
2) Better fuel economy
3) Better interior
4) Better dash
5) Fresh new style
Yah, you're right they won't sell any all all
LawrenceFromTorrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
TractionControlOff
CF Senior Member

TractControlOff tractioncontroloff

Disagree completely. Regardless of whether or not *I* like the C7, it will sell well, at least initially.

Why? Well first of all, some people will buy it no matter what it looks like. Some people want the latest and greatest Corvette, some people will want it for status and some people will buy it just to buy it.

But again, regardless of looks, consider what we already know about it: more power, "improved" interior, more driver aids, more driver accessories and more options. It will be the best performance car for the price, AND it gets fuel mileage comparable to mid-size sedans.

The Corvette C7 will sell, whether you or I love it or hate it.
TractionControlOff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
05C6GAC
CF Senior Member

Only time will tell!!!
05C6GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
*C7*
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor 05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Quote:
I'll agree with you on the sitting on the lots for a long time, but it is not the C7s that will be sitting.

Hint! Hint!

Sell your C6 GS NOW and avoid the rush..........
*C7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
Aozora
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Aozora

Congrats on your new GS, that's one beautiful ride and always will be. However, You're wrong, this is going to be one hell of a Vette. Albeit if i just bought a c6 a month before the c7 unveiling (opps!), I would probably be trying to justify my purchase as well. Sorry about your massive impending depreciation and...
Happy new year.

Aozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
mtrainer
CF Senior Member

In my humble opinion, the new C7 will be an improved car in every aspect save one, the styling. If what we've been exposed to is accurate.
mtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
slief
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
I don't agree one bit. I currently have my second C6. First one was a 2007 convertible. My current is an 09 Z06. I absolutely love the C6 but I am looking forward to the C7. The Corvette has proven generation after generation to be a premier sports car and the C7 will not fall short! While some may not like it's new design or some elements of it, I'd bet most will love it!

I for one really like the new design and stronly believe it will look much better in person. As such, I definately see a C7 in my future!

That said, Congrats on your C6 purchase! It's a great car but will be dated shortly by most peoples standards.. Change is difficult for many people, especially drastic change. We are seeing the same kind of revolt that we saw when the C6 info started leaking out but opinions changed and the C6 is now revered. My gut tells me, even you will be giving serious consideration to the C7 in the future. It will be leaps ahead of the C6 both in performance and design. Rest assured that it will even grow on even the most diehard C6 enthusiasts as well as the most staunch C7 skeptics and they will sell just fine. Rest assured!

Last edited by slief; 12-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
89L98
CF Senior Member

Quote:

89L98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
Dre01SS
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Dre01SS Send a message via Yahoo to Dre01SS

And to add... While the C6 / C7 looks are subjective, the performance difference will be objective C7 > C6 and that.. will drive sales.

The newest and 'greatest' per se.
Dre01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
Process Black
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Thank God I bought a C5 Z06 last month. Those C6's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C5's are going to sell like hotcakes.
There. Now it's December 2003 all over again.
Process Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
NytmereZ
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance View Post
Let's see
1) More HP
2) Better fuel economy
3) Better interior
4) Better dash
5) Fresh new style
Yah, you're right they won't sell any all all
Lambo forums have the real deal design up, the dash looks like the vipers dash, the front end looks very nice, similar to C6 but nicer, side is still C5/C6. back end looks like a camaro and gtr mated.

Seats are better, but you will be disappointed with the rest(still allot of plastic)

It is a very corporate design, as I suspected for a mass produced vehicle , it will sell well , but as stated above , not many purists around anymore.

People are raving about heated/ cooled seats that will be in the C7.....
NytmereZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
PRicanC6Xpress
CF Senior Member

Location: From: Brooklyn Kiddo, Live in Wantagh, Long Island NY....... New York
Manny Gonzalez Jr.
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
Congrats on your new GS, that's one beautiful ride and always will be. However, You're wrong, this is going to be one hell of a Vette. Albeit if i just bought a c6 a month before the c7 unveiling (opps!), I would probably be trying to justify my purchase as well. Sorry about your massive impending depreciation and...
Happy new year.

Thats not a nice thing to say... The square C7 lights if there on the money as a leak. Look like a mustang from the rear. I agree they are gonna sell it's just a better built car. I'm going to lease the first year. Then I'm going to give it back and lease me the 3rd year C7 Zo6 or is it Z07 Lol

Last edited by PRicanC6Xpress; 12-26-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Craziness
PRicanC6Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
slief
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytmereZ View Post
Lambo forums have the real deal design up, the dash looks like the vipers dash, the front end looks very nice, similar to C6 but nicer, side is still C5/C6. back end looks like a camaro and gtr mated.

Seats are better, but you will be disappointed with the rest(still allot of plastic)

It is a very corporate design, as I suspected for a mass produced vehicle , it will sell well , but as stated above , not many purists around anymore.

People are raving about heated/ cooled seats that will be in the C7.....
The real dash designs have been posted here as well..

As for the comment about lots of plastic, vets have always had lots of plastic and I don't see a big issue with that. The higher end interior options offer more leather for those who want it. That said, short of more leather on the inside, what else should they be using? Metal such as aluminum?? I like the plastic body parts as they tend to eliminate the potential for many unwanted dings while also keeping weight and costs down. Carbon fiber would be nice but that would really drive the cost up.

Remember, this is not a lambo and the huge value in the Corvette is the fact that you could own two new Corvettes for the price of one low end Lambo. That while still having nearly comparable performance. Sure, it might not have the sex appeal but you certainly get 10x the reliability, comparable performance at a fraction of the cost both up front and long term. There has to be some level of compromise to deliver the kind of performance and value that Corvettes have delivered generation after generation.

Last edited by slief; 12-26-2012 at 04:25 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page If the pics of the C7 are accurate...