Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Bill17601's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster Pennsylvania
Default I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here

I promise...
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
BeaZt
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
BeaZt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
1320vetteran
Default

I promise.
BeaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
John T
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: lisbon ,md,usa
Default

I would like to Bill but I can't commit to that I can never lie
John T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
sfc rick
CF Senior Member
 
sfc rick's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Huntington tx
Default

No way would I handicap the members.......what if it does actually draw legitimate observations that are justified?

Remember Austin Powers and the "mole"?

sfc rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Well, I just can't. It may become necessary at some point to utter those words. Like if I say...
-Shyt! Those tail lights ARE round!
-Dam! Those tail lights ARE NOT round!
-Duuuuuude! Those tail lights ARE the awesomest Corvette tail lights that ever wanted to be called Corvette tail lights!

..you get the point.
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
BeaZt
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
BeaZt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
1320vetteran
Default

I just don't like Cam*ro's...and I won't reference the C7 t*il l*ghts looking like the Cam*ro's..

LOL
BeaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
DREAMERAK
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DREAMERAK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOx View Post
Well, I just can't. It may become necessary at some point to utter those words. Like if I say...
-Shyt! Those tail lights ARE round!
-Dam! Those tail lights ARE NOT round!
-Duuuuuude! Those tail lights ARE the awesomest Corvette tail lights that ever wanted to be called Corvette tail lights!

..you get the point.
Agreed, if i took that oath then i would not be able to say Trans Am C5 either.
DREAMERAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
tuxnharley
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tuxnharley's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Los Gatos California
Default

Ah jest cain't does thet - mah bren wood 'splode.................
tuxnharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
sfc rick
CF Senior Member
 
sfc rick's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Huntington tx
Default

Caaamaaarooooo!, camaro!!!!!! Caaaammmaaaarooooo!

sfc rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
zland
CF Senior Member
 
zland's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Oceanside Ca
Default

As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
zland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
BeaZt
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
BeaZt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
1320vetteran
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zland View Post
As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
So that means you are not taking the pledge?
BeaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zland View Post
As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
I doubt you will ever hear GM say that...they know you will either buy it or not. They learned that with the C6 headlights.
That said, many people did get used to those headlights...
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
R&L's C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Minnesota
Default

I pledge not to call them Camaro taillights unless....................they actually look like Camaro taillights.

BTW is it tail lights or taillights?
R&L's C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
Flex182
CF Senior Member
 
Flex182's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Default

Click the image to open in full size.
Flex182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Bill17601's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster Pennsylvania
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zland View Post
As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
DOES THIS MEAN YOU WON'T TAKE DE PLEDGE.? Oh my...
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
TTRotary
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: City of Angels Socialist Republic of Kah-Li-Fohnia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill17601 View Post
I promise...
You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck.
TTRotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11
 
Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Calgary/ San Jose del Cabo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zland View Post
As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
I will be SO disappointed if you don't like it.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11
 
Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Calgary/ San Jose del Cabo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck.
I bet people will be oohing and awing in admiration. Just sayin'.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
Jawnathin
CF Senior Member
 
Jawnathin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Default

I prom...Camaro.

Dammit!
Jawnathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
BeaZt
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
BeaZt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
1320vetteran
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck.
Do you pledge not to post until you honor your bet with Keeks? LOL
BeaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pledge of Allegiance BeaZt Politics, Religion & Controversy 51 04-02-2014 03:51 PM
Notice Anything Missing From The Pledge? C3DeedlyDee Politics, Religion & Controversy 17 01-20-2014 01:27 AM
Pledge of Allegiance cvette_67 Politics, Religion & Controversy 63 08-14-2013 09:12 PM
Student punished for not reciting the pledge shor0814 Politics, Religion & Controversy 24 02-28-2013 01:02 PM
Pa. lawmaker refuses to say Pledge of Allegiance at House meeting Jughead Politics, Religion & Controversy 41 10-09-2012 08:59 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Emails & Password Backup