C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 looks like Crud, what is GM thinking ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
oldgoat99
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone besides me think the new vette is going to look like they took the Camaro, CTS-V and C6, mixed them together and squashed it down to roughly the size of a C6?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
I'll use two phrases that I hate to hear...

I'm just sayin'!
and,
It is what it is!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by c7rvette
Hi gang....just showed a friend pics of the jalponik C7, and went over more pics of the new vette which have been all over the place....and I just cant help but feel that they messed up big time, its really unfortunate that this is the best they could do. What could possibly be the new car, just looks like a cheap ferrari. Almost all the feedback I get regarding the rear end is it looks like a Camaro, plus base power is less that the of theCamaro also? It just seems like it just doesnt live up to the Vette name, or standards that we have come to expect. The interior C4 copy also looks like crud. It was also pointed out to me that if the car is going to be reasonably priced, in a fiew years it probably just crash in value and be super cheap....what do you guys think, please tell me how wrong I am. Is it just me that thinks this car just doesnt compare to something like the Nissan GTR, cause I would buy that in a heartbeat over this cheap ferrari look a like.

This is hardly worth replying to at all, but you're saying it "doesn't compare to ... the Nissan GTR?" If you ask me, the GTR is the ugliest "supercar" you can buy!

To each their own. I never tell someone not to like the GTR just because I don't like it. I fully expect to love the C7.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

The OP isn't saying much! Troll? If you like the GTR buy one! I don't care for the pics based on speculation of the C7. However the GTR looks like a turd with windows! I can't think of a generation of the Vette that looks as bad! The gtr is ugly as it is fast
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
JDMvette7
Burning Brakes

Received 553 Likes on 204 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

OMG IT'S 5 DAYS AWAY. CHILL OUT. (besides it's going to be awesome)

Holy crap...you mean...the corvette will have similar features to other GM cars? No way!!

And for all you people who are stuck on the corvette looking like a Camaro, I'm pretty sure the C5 and firebird/camaro brothers were VERY similar if not MORE than what we have today. Again, when you see these cars next to each other and they will look completely different. So sick of the whiny people who haven't even seen the REAL car...
Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I can't say what the round things are I take my pledge seriously
Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Hi gang....just showed a friend pics of the jalponik C7, and went over more pics of the new vette which have been all over the place....and I just cant help but feel that they messed up big time, its really unfortunate that this is the best they could do. What could possibly be the new car, just looks like a cheap ferrari. Almost all the feedback I get regarding the rear end is it looks like a Camaro, plus base power is less that the of theCamaro also? It just seems like it just doesnt live up to the Vette name, or standards that we have come to expect. The interior C4 copy also looks like crud. It was also pointed out to me that if the car is going to be reasonably priced, in a fiew years it probably just crash in value and be super cheap....what do you guys think, please tell me how wrong I am. Is it just me that thinks this car just doesnt compare to something like the Nissan GTR, cause I would buy that in a heartbeat over this cheap ferrari look a like.
I have so much to say to you, but I don't want another couple day suspension , so I will say nothing. Maybe just this nice emoticon.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I look forward to seeing the real corvette on 1/132013 to decide for myself....

Good luck!
Ditto
Seeing the car in real life with my owns eyes is far better than some drawings & pictures and other peoples opinions, 3 dimensional viewing will rule when it comes to my opinion.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Let's not forget that the "pics" of the C7 also caused:

1. Climate change
2. Spotted Owl habitat loss
3. Rain forest de-forestation
4. Fiscal cliff
5. Enron
6. All social ills

I wanted to get my pithy comments in before this baby gets locked.

Jimmy
Yes very pithy , and very funny.
Perhaps we need a new....no deductive criticism before it's been revealed pledge.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Jacks02
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 6speedsteve
Ditto
Seeing the car in real life with my owns eyes is far better than some drawings & pictures and other peoples opinions, 3 dimensional viewing will rule when it comes to my opinion.
======
The C7 will be on display in a few days, on the cover of most magazines, and then I'll decide if the Vette is an improvement or disaster. In the meantime, I'll continue to love my C5.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Racer
I have so much to say to you, but I don't want another couple day suspension , so I will say nothing. Maybe just this nice emoticon.

Sounds like you've been a baaaaaaaaaaaad boy.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Just breathe dude, just breathe...
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jbirdblack
That whole asian comment was talk n text mess up sorry
Understand not, post Asian made C7 GTR comment of.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by danziger
Sounds like you'd be better off with the Nissan.
Originally Posted by rcallen484
With the megaphone muffler, purple wheel well lights, and sub woofer with a magnet the weighs more than your engine
Same old song and dance.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
d55guy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just looks like a cheap ferrari.
That is like saying "I am not sure I like my new girlfriend, she looks just like Angelina Jolie...."

Is it just me that thinks this car just doesnt compare to something like the Nissan GTR, cause I would buy that in a heartbeat over this cheap ferrari look a like.
I don't think it's a look alike beyond the fact that both a front engined 2 door sport cars made in this decade. Combine that and aerodynamics and you are going to have similar styles. I find it funny you like the look of a GTR when they only common complaint about that car is it has the "style" of a Nissan with a body kit. Sure it's technically amazing but it has the looks of a catfish made out of lego's.... Sure it's different from a Ferrari but that is not a good thing.

As for me, I am holding out any judgement until I actually see the car (real or otherwise).
Old 01-08-2013, 03:19 PM
c7rvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hey vette brothers!!

the performance of the gtr, well who wouldnt want a twin turbo 4 wheel drive car...I really hope I am wrong with what I have seen with the new vette, I agree the gtr aint the prettiest car in the world....unfortunately, I aint the only guy that aint crazy about the C7, lets hope what we have seen so far is way off!!! after the C6 ZR-1, its a really tough act to follow...I expect the new car to really be bad ***.....its not my fault GM raised the bar to a very high level and lowered it back down big time!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:22 PM
c7rvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jinx
GM is thinking they're going to sell a lot more C7s per year than they've been selling C6s.
GM is thinking they're going to give the Porsche 911 and everything in their market segment a good shellacking, again.
GM is thinking most people who actually see the actual car will think it exotic-looking and desirable.

GM is definitely NOT thinking about dorks on the Internet writing "what is GM thinking" before the car's official unveiling.

.Jinx
January 13 will be a revelation. Literally.
well said sir, and I honestly hope it will be a "revelation" and not an "abomination"!!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:22 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

the performance of the gtr, well who wouldnt want a twin turbo 4 wheel drive car...I really hope I am wrong with what I have seen with the new vette, I agree the gtr aint the prettiest car in the world....unfortunately, I aint the only guy that aint crazy about the C7, lets hope what we have seen so far is way off!!! after the C6 ZR-1, its a really tough act to follow...I expect the new car to really be bad ***.....its not my fault GM raised the bar to a very high level and lowered it back down big time!!!
yup, that's what it looks like so far............

Get notified of new replies

To C7 looks like Crud, what is GM thinking ?????

Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The point EVERYONE has tried to make with you is that none of will know what the C7 will look like with all proportions and details in perspective until the reveal on 1-13-13. Do you accept that fact or would you rather just rant?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

I agree with the revelation description. It should be as significant to the Corvette as the C4 was.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Just Cruise
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All i know is all the current vettes look hot. So if you dont like it buy any c1 to c6 corvette. You cant go wrong there.

Quick Reply: C7 looks like Crud, what is GM thinking ?????