Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Jet Streaming
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Downers Grove Illinois
Default Seems Like Yesterday When I Rushed to Team Chevrolet in Westmont IL...

On launch day for the C5 a Sebring silver coupe in the showroom took the spot light that day. I remember having mixed feelings about the car the doors felt light and flimsy compared to the C4 I was driving. It was a mixed bag of emotions. I did love the huge wide rear end and the fact it had somewhat of a real trunk. I sat on the fence for about a month not knowing if I should order one or not. I called a friend of mine in Oswego IL a small dealer out there in a corn field and asked Carla if they were going to discount the C5. She said Ross my dear I only have ONE Corvette allocated for the whole model year and yes you can have it for $500 over invoice, I almost fainted. It finally arrived in May and the day I picked it up there were no less than 15 people standing around the car like some kind of shrine. I remember first driving it off the lot and thinking it was like driving a solid brick house on wheels compared to my 94 Vert. That was SEVENTEEN years ago, and here we are on the dawn of the seventh generation car already.
Its true im not happy with the direction Chevrolet is taking our iconic car in with this new generation and im still really not as thrilled with my C6 as I was with my many C5s. However I do hope the C7 is a hit for GM and I admit a new Corvette introduction is always exciting I sure hope we are all pleasantly surprised on Sunday Team Corvette.
Jet Streaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
ufaj26
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ufaj26's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Hoschton Georgia
Default

nice story! Similar to my situation on the C5 as well. Like you, I'm hoping for a better than we think C7!!!!!
ufaj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
427500
CF Senior Member
 
427500's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Default

Never liked the c5, LOVED the c6, on the fence about the c7 so far.
427500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11
 
Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Calgary/ San Jose del Cabo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Streaming View Post
On launch day for the C5 a Sebring silver coupe in the showroom took the spot light that day. I remember having mixed feelings about the car the doors felt light and flimsy compared to the C4 I was driving. It was a mixed bag of emotions. I did love the huge wide rear end and the fact it had somewhat of a real trunk. I sat on the fence for about a month not knowing if I should order one or not. I called a friend of mine in Oswego IL a small dealer out there in a corn field and asked Carla if they were going to discount the C5. She said Ross my dear I only have ONE Corvette allocated for the whole model year and yes you can have it for $500 over invoice, I almost fainted. It finally arrived in May and the day I picked it up there were no less than 15 people standing around the car like some kind of shrine. I remember first driving it off the lot and thinking it was like driving a solid brick house on wheels compared to my 94 Vert. That was SEVENTEEN years ago, and here we are on the dawn of the seventh generation car already.
Its true im not happy with the direction Chevrolet is taking our iconic car in with this new generation and im still really not as thrilled with my C6 as I was with my many C5s. However I do hope the C7 is a hit for GM and I admit a new Corvette introduction is always exciting I sure hope we are all pleasantly surprised on Sunday Team Corvette.

It's true, you have now told us 74 times what you think of the C7. I do understand you a bit more now....you are a fan of the C4......nuff said.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
BuddhaZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Arma Ks
Default

C5 he said
BuddhaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11
 
Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Calgary/ San Jose del Cabo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaZ06 View Post
C5 he said
He owned a C4
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
rob62
CF Senior Member
 
rob62's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Default

Dam you must be old------------------like me.I do remember the commercial.It was good,a silver vette streaking across a dessert being monitored by powerful people.Can anyone find and post?
rob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
jw38
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
jw38's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: San Antonio TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob62 View Post
Dam you must be old------------------like me.I do remember the commercial.It was good,a silver vette streaking across a dessert being monitored by powerful people.Can anyone find and post?
This one?

http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?...5f6bc2186971dc

"It's the next Vette!"
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
chiefttp
CF Senior Member
 
chiefttp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Default

Its funny how everyone has different tastes, I remember seeing the C-5 for the first time and thinking it looked like a Mitsubishi 3000, and those stock C-5 rims looked like cheap Japanese truck rims...C-5 is by far my least favorite Vette, I also had a similar experience with the C-6, underwhelming at best until the wide-bodies made the scene and added a little muscle to the feminine lines. This new C-7 has alot of style and more impact than the C-5/6 I predict it will grow on alot of folks out there!!
chiefttp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #10
Jet Streaming
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Downers Grove Illinois
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
Yes and it was directed by a very good friend of mine and fellow Chicago native Andrew Davis he also directed the Fugitive movie.
Jet Streaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
RC000E
CF Senior Member
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Default

I love the C1, love the C2, love the C3, love the C4, love the C5, love the C6 and love the C7!
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefttp View Post
Its funny how everyone has different tastes, I remember seeing the C-5 for the first time and thinking it looked like a Mitsubishi 3000, and those stock C-5 rims looked like cheap Japanese truck rims...C-5 is by far my least favorite Vette, I also had a similar experience with the C-6, underwhelming at best until the wide-bodies made the scene and added a little muscle to the feminine lines. This new C-7 has alot of style and more impact than the C-5/6 I predict it will grow on alot of folks out there!!
But what is different is how much doom and gloom people who don't like it are proclaiming now.
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #13
Jet Streaming
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Downers Grove Illinois
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
Yup this is it
Jet Streaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
RC000E
CF Senior Member
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Default

Oh Ross, you're such a f****g hater it's amazing. Your post history defines you easily. Kids and adults admiring your amazing blue Corvette. Always talking how the factory and dealers call you because you're just that important. Get over yourself man.

Order your C7 and shut up already...
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
BMadden
CF Senior Member
 
BMadden's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefttp View Post
Its funny how everyone has different tastes, I remember seeing the C-5 for the first time and thinking it looked like a Mitsubishi 3000, and those stock C-5 rims looked like cheap Japanese truck rims...C-5 is by far my least favorite Vette, I also had a similar experience with the C-6, underwhelming at best until the wide-bodies made the scene and added a little muscle to the feminine lines. This new C-7 has alot of style and more impact than the C-5/6 I predict it will grow on alot of folks out there!!
It is funny how everyone has different tastes because I don't know how anyone can say the C5 is their least favorite 'Vette when you have the '74-'82 and '84-'90 models to compare it against. Sorry to anyone who owns those years, but for me those are most definitely the "dark ages" of the 'Vette.

Now back to the C7 discussion.
BMadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #16
Jet Streaming
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Downers Grove Illinois
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC000E View Post
Oh Ross, you're such a f****g hater it's amazing. Your post history defines you easily. Kids and adults admiring your amazing blue Corvette. Always talking how the factory and dealers call you because you're just that important. Get over yourself man.

Order your C7 and shut up already...
And you call me a hater?
Jet Streaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11
 
Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Calgary/ San Jose del Cabo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Streaming View Post
And you call me a hater?
You're definitely leading the league in locked threads. Which means one of two things, your threads are repetitive or down right lame.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #18
Z06Fiend
CF Senior Member
 
Z06Fiend's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
You're definitely leading the league in locked threads. Which means one of two things, your threads are repetitive or down right lame.
Nice!
Z06Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #19
Humy
CF Senior Member
 
Humy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago (Aurora) IL
Default

I bought my 97 Sebring Silver coupe from Team Chevrolet in Westmont (now a Nissan dealer or something like that) in early 2001 with 5,500 miles and 12 years later, almost 80K miles I still love her more and more every day and can't stop modding. I might buy a C7 one day, but it will have to be where I have 2 Vettes, I am not nearly over my C5

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-projects.html

Can't wait to see the new C7
Humy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #20
RC000E
CF Senior Member
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Streaming View Post
And you call me a hater?
Yeah, you ornery old sob...haha.

Man, you hate here about the C7, hate on the C6...then your thread history your posting about hating the cup holders, hating this, hating that. Then I saw this thread where someone said "what else do you expect from Jet Creaming"...haha...funny stuff. You've been gettin people fired up on this forum for quite some time I see.

Just buy your C7 so I can come drive it you miserable old bastard...
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Seems Like Yesterday When I Rushed to Team Chevrolet in Westmont IL...
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passing the Word, Downtown Westmont, IL, now has a GREAT Cruise Night every Thursday! Mopar Jimmy Great Lakes 0 06-06-2014 12:10 AM
New C7 WETVET Pacific Northwest 0 10-09-2013 11:42 PM
5/3,4,5 IL doings Quick Silver Z Great Lakes 4 05-01-2013 03:09 PM
New Vette Owner Jstier Intros 7 02-13-2013 06:38 AM
Someone asked about an SSB over Cashmere Rathmullan C6 Corvette General Discussion 9 12-09-2012 09:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Emails & Password Backup