Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Unveiling coverage from Detroit 1.13.13

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
HiddenCorvetteFan
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice! I can't wait to see one in person.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
tomgaz
Racer

It was time for a change. I like the back they used alot of the camaro features.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by ragtop-yellow
Sorry to say but I am disappointed. Front look good but the rear SUCKS!!
I am keeping my C5.
On paper but I will still have to see it in person and test drive it.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
coajam
Intermediate

My wife and I both agree. It looks like an Italian/German design from Japan. Something about that rear end that makes me want to cry ( not in a good way). My 2003 AE vert is safe at my house.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
SilverBullitt
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I'd already made up my mind that I'm done with gM and with buying cars built by UAW workers, just due to my political disgust with all that mess. I was worried that I'd be tempted to compromise my principles when the new design came out, but today's reveal removed that concern. Other than the possibility that the seats are decent, I don't like anything about this car. Way too many scoops, vents, lines, and junk for my taste. Looks like some kind of GTR accident. And round tail lights would not have solved the disaster that is happening on the back of that car. That whole rear end design looks like it was done by a completely separate team who had never seen the rest of the car. It just doesn't fit the car....forget the fact that it doesn't look like a Corvette. And that instrument panel is awful looking! The mixture of regular analog gauges and the computerized panel was a joke on the C4, and its still a joke on the C7. Pick one or the other, but don't try to mix them. It never works out well.

So, as a lifelong fan of Corvettes, I'm disappointed with what I see. But, as someone who has sworn to never buy another one, I'm relieved. All temptation has been removed!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Charlie M
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I like the tail end. refreshing, and not the same old Shi#

First off, why are the Camaro tail lights ugly? I bought my Daughter a new Camaro Convertible, and I have not heard one person say the tail lights where ugly. On the other hand did I think GM made a mistake?Maybe, I was in the dealer last week with my dad (he was getting a new Malibu LTZ) and on the show room floor was a 427 convertible. My wife even gave me the green light. But, in the back of my head I had to see the new one first. Well, I'll be waiting on the next convertible to come out. Pissed? Yes, I will have to wait that much longer for the next new car. This just sucks!!!

All you haters with C5's and C6's, yes you still have a very nice car, but but it just lost a little value tonight. Not trying to sugar coat anything and just being honest. So don't hate the messenger.

We asked for something new, the Corvette team pulled it off!!!

Last edited by Charlie M; 01-13-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hameister
Beautiful throughout, with the exception of the stylized Camaro rear end, but I guess it'll grow on me after a while.

What concerns me is the pricing. Below is from Motor Trend magazine.

If this is accurate, I think it's insane! All the C7 changes are desirable, but certainly not worth $10,000 more for a Base C7 over a Base C6 Coupe.

If this is true....correction, if even a $5,000 price hike is true, I'm very happy I ordered a 2013 GS.
Again
Corvette is pricing itself out of the market. Remember what happened to the Toyota Super Celica for $55,000 and that car got very high rating for reliability and maintenance.
william43
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MaggieMI
Ya think? It looks like my neighbors Camaro.
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by redroket
I totally agree! They need to be round! How badass would that look, like a previous poster said someone is already planning on making a new backend for this thing just from the pics and posts!
I do like most every other thing I see though and I do like the styling on everything but the rearend but like everything else I will get used to it.
Best I can remember my 60 didn't have round taillights so why do these have to be round?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 PM
pmartjr
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We cerainly have a lot of varied opinions here. I'll throw my two cents in. Here's the deal...this car is probably superior in every way to the current C6 model. Looks will matter less to the performance oriented buyer. Anyone looking for a performance car will have to consider the new Corvette where in the past they may have overlooked it entirely as a worthy competitor to all the other marque names. I parted ways with my beloved NSX that I bought new in 1995 to get my new 427. From my personal perspective, I didn't care at all for the C6 until they came out with the Z06 wide body style. To me that is what the C6 should have been all along. I had been wishing for years that they would do a Z06 convertable. The 427, according to GM, is NOT a Z06 convertable but it is really, really close. If the C7 that I'm seeing tonight and the 427 were both available at the same time, I would have still gone the 427 route because I personally wanted that badass engine and the open air experience. Now maybe the convertable version of this model will be appealing. I'm trying to visualize it and having a little difficulty doing so. Long story short, I feel I have a classic setting in my garage now and it's looks are quite catching and will remain so. I also don't understand where all this bad mouthing of the so-called cheap interior comes from. I'm not that all familiar with base model or earlier C6's but there is nothing at all wrong with my interior on my Anniversary model. It compares quite favorably with my friends new Carrerra S 911. I think the new C7 is a terrific step forward in technology and well it should be. I think that adds to the heritage of Corvette and I will be proud of not only the new model buy my "old" C6 427 as helping build the base for that heritage, just as my 1965 Fuelie did before that. Long live the Corvette!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 PM
HKILP7M8
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some good features but I hate the rear, looks too much like the Camaro.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06
here are some pics to compair....I think it looks great and may somewhat resemble a camaro but is also very diferent.
they're both very RED!!!! Other than that I see no more relationship to the Camaro than I have in past years. The Camaro has always had the look of a Corvette (if you take pics side by side with same years and same colors you will agree)..so the tail lights aren't round. GET OVER IT! Yea, yea, yea, some of you will say the Latest iteration of the Camaro came out first. So WHAT! This C7 is its own design and one that GM and CORVETTE put a lot of time into. Will everybody like it? Most likely not but it is a very fitting successor to one of the greatest car legends of all time. I love it!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 PM
mBones
Intermediate

Hey folks, Netcarshow has a great collection of new images.
http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/...llpaper_01.htm

Love that evolution image showing the Stingray racer, '63 and the C7!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
DougSilver
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I have not been in the Corvette "club" for a couple of years now I always am interested in keeping up with things. My quick take is that the C7 looks stunning (although rear could be better) and I am looking forward to seeing one in person. But if $59K is the price tag that is just plain nutz. The appeal of the Corvette has been that it is somewhat affordable by even blue-collar types who are willing to stretch things a bit for an impractical toy. But $59K really goes beyond that point.

So when does the C8 Discussion thread start up?

Doug
Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,026 Likes on 1,249 Posts

The new Vette looks absolutely awesome. I already own a 67 and 07 so have good comparison models in my garage. To repeat: the new Stingray is awesome! Can hardly wait to read about handling, "feel," performance, etc. Good job Chevy!
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks just like the renderings we been seeing for month. Big deal. The interior
still look plastic, where are the upgrades. One pic red seat sure don't go well
with the exterior
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DougSilver
While I have not been in the Corvette "club" for a couple of years now I always am interested in keeping up with things. My quick take is that the C7 looks stunning (although rear could be better) and I am looking forward to seeing one in person. But if $59K is the price tag that is just plain nutz. The appeal of the Corvette has been that it is somewhat affordable by even blue-collar types who are willing to stretch things a bit for an impractical toy. But $59K really goes beyond that point.

So when does the C8 Discussion thread start up?

Doug
I don't even want to see what the price is on that one?
Better snap up one of those 50 Hurricane Mustang GT. Priced right Gt-500 cost tooo much or get the last 2015 Challenger SRT-8.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Unveiling coverage from Detroit 1.13.13

Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CDaniel525

Ill stick with my 2008 for now.... Theres just something off about the rear of the car, cant pin point it.
The front end and side views are pretty
like everything but the design of the rear tailights
Old 01-13-2013, 11:35 PM
quicked
Advanced

Default yes its new

but whys the rear on a new vette look like that,why quarter windows and that lil rectangular rear glass,maybe in time?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

So now the question I know everyone is wondering about:

Where exactly does the front license plate go and how bad is it going to look?

People in states with no front plates are so lucky.

Quick Reply: C7 Unveiling coverage from Detroit 1.13.13