Looking for your thoughts on the C7

Old 01-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Pete Bigelow, AOL
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for your thoughts on the C7

Hello everyone,

Pete Bigelow from AOL Autos here.

I'm working on a story about the C7 unveiling Sunday night, and would like to talk to a few current Corvette owners about what you hope to see after much anticipation.

If you can spare a few minutes, please drop me a quick email at peter.bigelow@teamaol.com. Appreciate your consideration.

Sincerely,

Pete
Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Bigelow, AOL
Hello everyone,

Pete Bigelow from AOL Autos here.

I'm working on a story about the C7 unveiling Sunday night, and would like to talk to a few current Corvette owners about what you hope to see after much anticipation.

If you can spare a few minutes, please drop me a quick email at peter.bigelow@teamaol.com. Appreciate your consideration.

Sincerely,

Pete
TTT - Just in case folks didn't see this and wanted to send him your thoughts...
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Well we've only seen the renderings, but from what I've seen I think it's going to be an amazing design.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arkus
if the c7 looks like these new renderings, it will severely outdate the c5,and c6 .
Kind of disagree - or see a different implication: It will more likely validate the C6 as the last of the big bad Corvettes. With narrower tires, and Euro wannabe looks, the C7 moves the Corvette away from being a car with a more pure sports car purpose, to a sporty techno-car designed to appeal more to the younger, 911/Lambo/R8 nightclub crowd. E.g. Like when everyone sees a Lambo - it turns heads - but then it looks totally out of place on a race track.

But the biggest issue may be GM's commitment to reliability in Corvettes, as Z06 owners have recently experienced good reason to question that (see the C6 Z06 forum).

But the Corvette is changing for sure.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by VETTEMANN
Kind of disagree - or see a different implication: It will more likely validate the C6 as the last of the big bad Corvettes. With narrower tires, and Euro wannabe looks, the C7 moves the Corvette away from being a car with a more pure sports car purpose, to a sporty techno-car designed to appeal more to the younger, 911/Lambo/R8 nightclub crowd. E.g. Like when everyone sees a Lambo - it turns heads - but then it looks totally out of place on a race track.

But the biggest issue may be GM's commitment to reliability in Corvettes, as Z06 owners have recently experienced good reason to question that (see the C6 Z06 forum).

But the Corvette is changing for sure.
..................and that's your opinion, for whatever it's worth. To me, not much, since my opinion is nowhere near yours.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

after looking at the real car , I really DON'T like it .

gm failed the c7
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 AM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I like the lines, The rear not so much,The interior looks like a good improvement. They lost on the HP numbers should have came with a min of 475 to 500. Hell just about every other performance car comes with 450 plus. I mean this is a damn Vette Bring on the HP. And don't say oh it's just the base model So what bring the HP...

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for your thoughts on the C7

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for your thoughts on the C7