Originally Posted by Chicago1
Put me down as the non baller guy..so no c7 for me
Non-baller > bitter C6 owner in denial.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM
durangomania
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pleased

I was expecting a real let down. I think they pulled it off very well! A nice fairly radical change but not too radical, this design will allow them to make some nice subtle changes over the years until the C8 comes out. Now I'm anxious to see the convertible.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Poost
4th Gear

Default Where is the convertible?

It reminds me of my 1973 240Z, not a bad thing just an observation.
I would love to see all versions from base on up to see what the differences are.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Gage
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 22 yr old nephew (drives a 5th Gen camaro SS) and all his ricer buddies love it...Imagine that!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 PM
kh400
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I think it's a very technologically advanced car. However, I don't like the looks. Too angular,too many lines, looks like a toyota celica, hate the rearend. Like many said, maybe it will look better in person. I'll keep my C-5.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

If you read the commnets on Yahoo's blog, I think you will find they don't like the rear end about 8:1.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim05C6Z51
Once we see it in person we will all love it.
Pretty silly statement considering (a) we have seen it (b) we're not sheep. Also, creating dupe ID's to agree with yourself is not only lame, but will get you banned pretty quick.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Gage
Burning Brakes

To me its strike 3...the first swing and miss was the 4th gen camaro...fast car, but no lines, just boring. So boring it killed the F body, took the Pontiac Firebird down with the ship (which I acutally liked). Strike 2all the buildup, hoopla for the 5th Gen return camaro, about it being some retro 69 camaro, and look what they gave us!! It pains me to say this as a lifelong GM product consumer, but Ford hit a home run with their perf cars, retro 68 Mustang and Ford GT. GM swung and missed on the Camaro, then probably promoted some of the Camaro designers to the vette design team and let them screw it up as well.

GM used to design cool perf cars....60-73-early 80s vettes, Firebirds, GTOS, Trans Ams, Z28s, Chevelles, Olds Cutlass, 442s, Buick Grand Nationals, Monte Carlos SS, Camaro IROCS...Company gets bailed out, now this is what we get!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM
DANSBIRD
8th Gear

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Pretty silly statement considering (a) we have seen it (b) we're not sheep. Also, creating dupe ID's to agree with yourself is not only lame, but will get you banned pretty quick.
If you're referring to me, it's not a dupe ID. I simply agreed w/ him.

Do an IP check and it should trace back to Mississippi.

And I took his statement as being facetious.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
nevillej
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John_R
IMO they chose the wrong color to unveal the car. The red doesn't show the body lines well enough. They should have chosen a diffrent color that can show the car lines well.

I totally agree a silver/gray color really makes the lines of the car "Pop". I wonder if the triangular shape on each side of the rectangular tail lights serve a purpose (Turn Signal Lights)?? No way is the car going to satisfy every corvette owners dream corvette, the rear end doesn't thrill me but I can live with it, those bashing the presumed 450 HP, why would you honestly expect more from the base corvette. It would seem to me the costs of the Electronics, 7 Speed, carbon fiber use etc may bump the base price up at least 10K, if not. one should be pleasantly surprised.
When viewing the car from the front the rear end of the car looks so much higher, it will be interesting to see it in person.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM
BaseballDude
Race Director

Why oh why did the designers (and approvers), all whom had the entire spectrum available to them, settle on stretched out Camaro taillights and the four-in-a-row let's play a flute tailpipe arrangement? Seriously?!? This is the BEST that the premier division within Chevrolet could produce?

That aside, the driveline excites me. But an epic fail on the back half of that car. Sad, really.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

It will grow on me but doesn't do it for me like this does. If they got just made it flow better i would have really liked it. For now, I will have to reserve judgement until I see it in person.

Not that the Z06 can't be improved on - fog light delete, shorter windows, more aggressive hood, headlight advancement. It just looks better to me for now.

Last edited by bigterpsfan; 01-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by nvusgt

Looks only slightly better with a paint matched rear end. At least this way half the bumper doesn't look like it's missing
Would be a PERFECT rear end if...

...it said PONTIAC on it.

FIREBIRD!!

Last edited by thirtythird; 01-14-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
aks801
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it looks totally bad-azz and VERY much has a full Corvette bloodline.

It will probably be a big hit, and expand the fan/purchaser base.

Can't wait to see higher-performance versions (as if this won't "perform" already!) and the ragtop.

Great job, GM!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm about 90% converted, but...how could they take a car that looks so darn amazing from the front (I mean Killer!) and then have it look almost as amazing from the side (seriously considering killing) to the back end (I think killings just wrong).

Did the design team that worked on the front and sides go on a long vacation? I mean seriously, how do you get 3 sides to look so good and then hand it over to the back up design team?

It could grow on lots of folks, but unholy crap GM, if you had just listened to a few more of the front and side design team who told you that just because the nephew of old what's his name needed a project, didn't mean you let him fungle up the back end of this one (you just gotta know there are a few design guys saying-"I told you so" in the GM lunch line).

That's all it needs IMO, is that back end revised and 475hp on the base car. Do that, throw 600+ on the Z version as well as hitting that promised 3000lbs, with a track version with huge rubber and brakes and keep it around $75K and hire more guys for the production line.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

3/4 Years in to this model you will see the base car get bumped to 480 HP. Not sure how much GM will be willing to change the rear end, as on the C6 it was not changed at all (and I thought the C6 rear 3/4 was one of the best views of the car).

I have to admit, I do like the rear window design. Just the rear bumper needs to be cleaned up a bit.

It's a great thing that GM is trying to please non-customers on the other two continents, though. It will be interesting to see where the sales come from once it is available. I predict few European or Asian sales.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

A little of the Aventador in the front Splitter, a little of the Ferrari 599 on the sides, a lot of the Camaro in the back, and no round tail lights, well that's the straw that broke the Camel's back. They've lost their signature and design individuality. Estmated bHP is 450, really, if you can't put a sport car together with at least 500bHP, just take a bow and get out of the business. The designers of the 60s Corvette are having an aneurizm at the moment, and Zora is rolling in his grave, ohh the humanity.

Get notified of new replies

To Swing and a miss!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Walford
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HOWARD GREENMAN
So here's my take: The new Corvette is awesome, in looks and performance. The exterior is nicely evolved, and the interior is revolutionary, especially the Lambourghini inspired optional track seats. Love the extreme chopped rear end and hood scoop. Side profile is nicely carved. Don't like the black wheels but surely chrome will be available. 450HP, 450 torque, 0-60 in under four, cornering over 1G, all parameters have been incrementaly and necessarily increased to maintain the car's promise of supercar performance at a Chevy price. Resurrection of the Stingray moniker is a nice touch. This car delivers.
Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Not feeling the looks at all. To many body lines, too square in the back, it looks like it morphed itself from God knows what! The car lost its heritage and iconic features including the tail end and lack of roundness! Don't like it, also they "estimate" 450hp, they don't know? Great release GM!! Thumbs down!!!
Dudes! You got quoted on Yahoo! http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...192748521.html

How cool is that?

I've seen CF referenced on Jalopnik, and now heavily referenced on Yahoo! Motoramic.

The CF is clearly becoming (has become?) the definitive Corvette network.

Yeah. We're all influential & sh**.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Walford
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nevillej
I wonder if the triangular shape on each side of the rectangular tail lights serve a purpose (Turn Signal Lights)??
Exit vents for the option oil and differential coolers.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Gage

GM used to design cool perf cars....60-73-early 80s vettes, Firebirds, GTOS, Trans Ams, Z28s, Chevelles, Olds Cutlass, 442s, Buick Grand Nationals, Monte Carlos SS, Camaro IROCS...Company gets bailed out, now this is what we get!!!
We get the best performing and best built GM cars has ever made. Period. Company gets bailed out, we get the Camaro 1LE/ZL1, Corvette GS/Z06/ZR1, CTS-V, this C7 and its variants, the ATS and its future variants, the Cobalt SS, the Regal GS, the upcoming Chevy SS, etc, etc

Too bad some are too stuck in their ways to realize it.

Quick Reply: Swing and a miss!