Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #121
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!

I'll keep my Ferrari 308.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #122
JetBlue427
CF Senior Member

cars really need to be seen in person to be appreciated...so many cars I thought were so-so in print...blew me away in person...some of the angles and edges on this car will pop in person. I think it will be a hit...i was hoping I would hate it but there is to many points to love about it right now.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #123
rockstar
CF Member

This is the UGLIEST F***ing excuse for a corvette EVER! May God have mercy on Wilburn and his band of hacks. ......There, there, ..try to lie still, Bill Mitchell.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #124
wantbluC6
CF Senior Member

Nothing is perfect. .. but GM finally has an actual 200K looking super car Corvette. Makes the C6 Z look ancient. Wait till they appear on the lots. You guys that hate it are stuck in the past. Sorry to say. It 2013. Not 1975. The Corvette needed a major overhaul. Does not look anything like a Camaro from behind. Base C6 was a huge dissapointment. Wimpy etc... This car which was a base model is the first base model Corvette I'd actually buy. Maybe in a couple years hopefully. Stop this BS. GM is looking at a younger demographic. I see Ferrari Audi R8 etc.. Still Americana. Best ever from initial views.. Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited by wantbluC6; 01-13-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #125
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonbl103 View Post
Love it
I remember the first time I saw the C6... This did not recall that experience.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #126
nvusgt
CF Senior Member

Send a message via MSN to nvusgt

Here's a diff color for those who didn't like the red

Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #127
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantbluC6 View Post
Nothing is perfect. .. but GM finally has an actual 200K looking super car Corvette. Makes the C6 Z look ancient. Wait till they appear on the lots. You guys that hate it are stuck in the past. Sorry to say. It 2013. Not 1975. The Corvette needed a major overhaul. Does not look anything like a Camaro. Stop this BS.

Canadian
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #128
CaptainChet
CF Senior Member

This all the comments here reminds me of reading the C6 thread the day it was announced.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #129
Runs11s
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 View Post
Not feeling the looks at all. To many body lines, too square in the back, it looks like it morphed itself from God knows what! The car lost its heritage and iconic features including the tail end and lack of roundness! Don't like it, also they "estimate" 450hp, they don't know? Great release GM!! Thumbs down!!!
Amen. It's a cross between a GTR profile, a Viper nose, a Camaro rear, and I'm not sure what of an interior.

Porsche, Viper, and Ferarri know the importance of an icon.

Apparently that is lost on GM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #130
nvusgt
CF Senior Member

Send a message via MSN to nvusgt

Click the image to open in full size.

Looks only slightly better with a paint matched rear end. At least this way half the bumper doesn't look like it's missing
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #131
JerriVette
CF Senior Member

The new car is amazing. I know without a shadow of a doubt this is the best corvette yet.

Really well done and the car and driver video really hit the high points..

sure this upcoming z51 fe4 is not a c6 z06 or ZR1 competitor but from a base c6 z51 owner this new C7 is a home run!

Love the new looks from every angle and the efforts of the corvette team to make the car more fluid as it goes about high performance driving is the factor that will sell this car to all those who get behind the wheel and drive it.

Corvettes always been among the strongest performers and now there has been a concerted (SP) effort to manage and upgrade the feel to compete with every high end sports car out there.

I rate it a 9.5 out of 10 on total desireability.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #132
John Shiels
CF Senior Member

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvusgt View Post
Anyone who says the C7 tails are the same as the Camaro needs to get their eyes checked.

1. C7 tails are angular not square
2. They are outlined in LED's
3. The inner light is nearly half the size of the outer light

How any of this equates to the same lights as a Camaro is beyond me. Just because the diffuser portion is high if not higher, along the a more squared off look, doesn't mean they're the same. Similar, but not the same. There's a difference.
and they vent for cooling coolers. And they light differently I think.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #133
Too-Fast
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudAmerican View Post
When it comes out, I will get one. Wife already knows and understands. I'm over the headlights of the C6, and I'll be over the tail lights of the C7. And if you're on the road with me, just take a good look at the tail lights as you won't see much more.
Huh, did you forget about the C6 Z06 and ZR1...better hope you don't run across one of those with your new C7, or you will be viewing tail lights...I'm just say'in.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #134
Dasilvamotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvusgt View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Looks only slightly better with a paint matched rear end. At least this way half the bumper doesn't look like it's missing
Still looks all wrong for some reason .
Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #135
Bowlerdude
CF Senior Member

Two words..butt ugly.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #136
OnPoint
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Wichita Kansas - 2011 Callaway GS 606HP & 2010 ZR1 638HP

I like it. Love the side view/profile.

Not sure what all the hubbub was about with the interior, looks like a fairly regular interior to me.

They imported some of the muscularity of the current ZR into the new Stingray. That was a good move. The standard coupe needed a bit more "sauce" to its looks.

Seats look good.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #137
jrc50
CF Senior Member

Unfortunatly, it appears from the reveal Corvette that GM has returned to the pre bankruptcy product development committee procedures that Bob Lutz described in his book that were largely responsible for the chaos that GM was.
GM styling or the product development committee or whomever has taken a Whitman's sampler of past styling cues from a variety of cars (ranging from C4 dashboard to Camaro taillights and patched them together in a crude computer program resembling a Matchbox Japanese design excercise.
Where is Harley Earl when you need some flowing design work? This thing is so far below the revolution of the C5 and later the C6 that even though GM previously said the C7 was a "transition" design till the C8 was ready, it will likely be the shortest Corvette series on record.
However it looks like GM better not let much dust settle on their design pens at the Warren Tech Center before they complete the C8 prototype.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #138
meadowz06
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

You guys kill me. Stop whining and go buy a Mustang! The C7 is the most beautiful Corvette in the last 30 years! A huge step forward in design and affordable performance. Rev matching, standard Brembo brakes and a world class interior. And let's not forget the tech borrowed from the racing program.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #139
Bowlerdude
CF Senior Member

The design of the Corvette is just waaaay to busy.

Easily the worst designed Corvette ever.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #140
CodeBlack
CF Senior Member

I'm not impressed looks like they changed the c6 with body panels, dash and seats. I'll keep my c6z06. I would like to see a radical design change that would make our vette look badazz
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Swing and a miss!

Closed Thread