Blancpain
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double Post deleted
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Ozzysezit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it all except the tail lights. Maybe they should have called it the C7 Corvaro instead of Stingray. With all the hype I've heard in the past 3 or 4 months waiting for this to be the "best Corvette ever" I was really disappointed at the looks of the tail end of the car. If the tail lights would have been more rounded (true to Corvette) than rectangularish Camaro tail lights, I would have really loved the entire package. Oh Well, I guess all great things must come to an end.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
Can't wait for my delivery
Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
JRLedFoot
Instructor

Hey! I like it...
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 AM
bwfredette
Racer

Ok now that all the GM employees have posted, let's get real. Looks like ****! I think they took that rear end right off the friging camero. In fact this thing has camero written all over it. Not a single performance upgrade and the dam thing has lines like the designers have watched way too many VIDEO GAME CARS. This is a real disapointment.

I will say that from one (1) angle the car has a nice profile when lit just right, as to hide those ugly *** plastic vents. Great form without function, morons...

Nice job with the 1.5% increase in power too.

The best part of this is that it realy helps the C6 keep it's value.

Who knows maybe they will price this turd under 20k so the kids that like this cartoon style can afford to buy one.

I also love the way they had a "hot chick" introduce the car in the video... As I watched the engineers talking about the car I had to wonder what their issues were; how could they have screwed up so bad? what kind of men were they???
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Want one!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
mixitdoc
7th Gear

I wonder what other motor opts are going to come out?
Or the second & third year with + Hp????
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

because I do not want to miss anything. The C7 rocks!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Blancpain
Pro

Seeing the car in video really brings it to life. I can't wait to see it in the showrooms. I wonder if the reveal cars makes it way to Cars & Coffee?

Last edited by Blancpain; 01-18-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Two very good ones

Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

^^^ Very Nice!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Jayman
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Absolutely fantastic! I love the direction GM has taken with this icon.
The future looks bright and can only get better!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:55 AM
SPDaylightFan
Instructor

Thanks for putting these all in one spot. Now if you could help me figure out how to break the news to my wife ......
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleFodder
The more views I see of this car, the more I like it. Regarding the rear/tails - I can remember thinking what a big butt the C5 has when it came out, but it grows on you the more you absorb the design. One thing for sure, the new threads on this car make the base C6 & GS look immediately dated.

I can't wait to see it in Black w/ both Chrome or Black Wheels, might have to skip C6 and go straight to C7

Great job Chevy, they put some much needed thought and touches into keeping this heritage alive and for that I applaud them!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by Jayman
Absolutely fantastic! I love the direction GM has taken with this icon.
The future looks bright and can only get better!
This is not intended as an insult, I just want to explore the demographics. There is alot of polarization occuring with this model. Those who like a more clasic shape and those who like the futuristic shape. How old are you and what do you do for a living?

I'm assuming a trend exist, as is usualy the case....
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Jayman
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bwfredette
This is not intended as an insult, I just want to explore the demographics. There is alot of polarization occuring with this model. Those who like a more clasic shape and those who like the futuristic shape. How old are you and what do you do for a living?

I'm assuming a trend exist, as is usualy the case....
I'll agree to your question provided you reply with the same answers to your own questions here. Fair enough?

I've learned over the years that most people will resist change. Over time when they see or realize that the "change" isn't so bad, they eventually make the move themselves. Having being in business for myself for many years one learns to adapt quickly and embrace change. Now this is a perspective which works for me and of course not everyone will share it, which is expected.

I run a financial services brokerage with my wife and I will turn 51 this year... (likely not what you were expecting)

Another lesson I've learned in business - you can't and won't please everyone, but if you please enough they'll keep buying, much like 60 years of Corvette heritage.

Drive on!

Your turn...

Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C7 car image is changing!

The C7 car image is changing even more now! At first, only the Camaro image of the rear was a distraction but things have changed even more now. With more comparsons and low road shots (pictures), the image of the C7 seems even more distracting, the front is even becoming more C6ish, mainly a larger UNsplit front intake. The side profiles look very racy and is very compelling with the sweep back fender vent without alot of bling on it. As for the interior, a great job done and not an insult now, now we can be proud.

Overall, GM for a change seems to have been listening for the ALL the improvements and upgrades especially the interior and finer handling requirements including the engine, transmission, and differential. Bringing the C6R car experience into the mix has greatly improved the mix and car.

This is the puzzling thing, if you have noticed ALL THE CHIEFS that are expousing ALL the improvements, etc. of the new C7. I've begun beginning to wonder who made the decisions on the new C7? All the "top" exec's seem to be taking alot of the credit, who was really the "Chief"? Who made the "final decisions"? Too many "Chiefs"!, maybe that is the reason for the Comarish rear end.

Now, let's hope that the "suppliers" can supply the quality parts that has been lacking in the past because of cost cutting, this will definitely cast a big shadow on both GM and the dealers.

Good luck GM, I'm counting on you to make this car a world renown car by the other world exotics.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Videos all in one spot

Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Blackhole
Instructor

Default C7 or 6.5

I think the General missed the boat. Top and rear windows looks more like an old 70's Datsun 240Z with a Camaro rear on a C6 front with ricer seats.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by Jayman
I'll agree to your question provided you reply with the same answers to your own questions here. Fair enough?

I've learned over the years that most people will resist change. Over time when they see or realize that the "change" isn't so bad, they eventually make the move themselves. Having being in business for myself for many years one learns to adapt quickly and embrace change. Now this is a perspective which works for me and of course not everyone will share it, which is expected.

I run a financial services brokerage with my wife and I will turn 51 this year... (likely not what you were expecting)

Another lesson I've learned in business - you can't and won't please everyone, but if you please enough they'll keep buying, much like 60 years of Corvette heritage.

Drive on!

Your turn...

Quite fair... I'm a 43 year old physicist and I work defense contracts in northern VA. Recently I've done alot of documentation and Human Factors engineering work (surveys, testing, adhearance to standards...).

Your correct I did not expect you to be over 40... I think the design is more apealing to the youth. Certainly there are alllways exceptions; however which case is the rule? I Would like to test out my theory more and created a survey thread to this end in the c7 section ...

I noticed today that the corvette c7 lines are very similar to many of the new models on the road. The hood on the new Chevy truck, the new accord, the new mustang, the Camero. The boxy sharp edged look in defiantly in style and I can see where GM is anticipating on success following success. People do tend to follow trends and although I do not utterly hate the new corvette I feel disappointed that they took this approach. Consensus of the masses may be a good model for financial success; though it never yielded the best quality product.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

There has been much debate and controversy about the "ugly" and "Camaro-ish" tail lights, since the unveil on 01.13.13. But on closer inspection it becomes clear that the styling of the front and tail lights complement each other perfectly.

Too may "chiefs"? I do not think so. When I watch the videos that circle on the internet (and I have watched quite a few!), I do not get the impression that the members of the design and engineering teams are holding a grudge against each other. On the contrary, they are VERY proud of each other, and with just!
Each and every nitty-gritty technical and styling detail is the result of careful contemplation. IMO, Chevrolet has accomplished an ASTOUNDING job!

Welcome beautiful C7 Stingray! If I ever can afford you, I will buy you!

And, oh yes ... I still love my C6 Z06, and I will always do!

Quick Reply: C7 Videos all in one spot