Sponsored by:

Saw it at auto show today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KingTut
There was one shown on Fox & Friends this morning.

The Red ones do look a bit broken up by the black vents, while on the Dark Grey one the vents seem to blend into the whole look.

To someone who has seen it. Are the vents on the grey one black or body color?
The vents are carbon flash metallic on all colors I believe.

The desire to put body-colored parts all over the vette by owners will always escape me.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar
I wasn't sold on the new vette from the renderings and pictures. I saw the car in person today and it is SMOKING!!!
If you think the tail lights look like a camaro you probably haven't seen them in person. They look like nothing I've seen on ANY car. They are hard to explain and you can't capture the depth and true look with a picture. There are a couple things I would do different if I was chief designer like all the black instead of body color on the back but I could make that statement about every car. Make no mistake...this car screams CORVETTE. you can't mistake it for anything else. Got too much wrapped up in my current vette to afford one anytime soon but seeing it has got me trying to figure out how I can pull it off
There was four of us aged 20,40,49,55. All agreed it was awesome. Probably only car we all agreed upon all day
Great post, too many folks basing and voicing their opinions w/o EVER having seen the car in person. I suspect the vast majority of these folks will change their tune in the coming weeks/months as the C7 makes the rounds of the various auto shows.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Great post, too many folks basing and voicing their opinions w/o EVER having seen the car in person. I suspect the vast majority of these folks will change their tune in the coming weeks/months as the C7 makes the rounds of the various auto shows.
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68

The desire to put body-colored parts all over the vette by owners will always escape me.
It was very popular...............in the 90's......
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
It was very popular...............in the 90's......
And also in the 00's. First thing I did with my 09 Z06 was to paint the rear spoiler and the door handles Cyber Gray(body color) so they didn't look like JC Whitney "boy racer" tack ons.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

[QUOTE=RJRSW;1582858063]How many of the four of you will now be putting down the money to order one and actually buying a C7 this year?

None of us were in the market for a new car but after seeing it 2 of us are seriously considering it! I love the C5 and C6 but neither has made me consider upgrading from my 90 ZR-1. This one has me thinking
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'11, '14

There were many things one this car I thought I didn't like: the hood vent, the rear fender vents, the cove vents, the panel around the exhaust, actually the whole back end,, rear quarter windows etc. but after seeing the actual car all I can say is somehow it all just works together. The car is All I can suggest is try to reserve judgement until you see the car in 3D. I would like to see how many people who are complaining have not actually seen the car and how many(like myself) change their mind after they see it.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This what many are saying in various threads. Like the thing and
having the money are too different directions. Did gm alienate
allot the money base in hope of appealing to a non money base ??

Originally Posted by RJRSW
How many of the four of you will now be putting down the money to order one and actually buying a C7 this year?

I myself really like the new Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible but cannot actually afford to buy one so not much use to Bentley whether I like it or not if I do not buy one.

What auto show were you at today that was open to the public and had a 2014 vette on display?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

When I see "things" pasted on a car that are not functional and do not look like they were intended to be there in the first place - I see "Rice" This is NOT the case with the C7.

Their "stuff" is functional and the function is appreciated. The issue is what is the main point of focus - the overal lines of the car is my thought - so having the vents body color causes them to blend into the overall look. Having them extremely contrast with the main color attracts attention to them and away from what should be the main focus.

I look at the red car and all I see are headlight, vents, and a discolored roof. I look at the Grey car and I see long sleek flowing lines of a sports car. Above there is a nice low right rear view of the car - look real sharp - you see very little of the "stuff" - you see main body lines.

Caliper color is the same issue - make them extreemly contrasting and they become the focus - good if you have average looking wheels but they distract from the main focus if you have real nice wheels.

The overall image of the car is based on what do you want my eye to focus on when I take that first glance at the car. Body lines or vents.

Maybe that is an age thing - Older wants the sleek lines of a classy sports car - and younger wants the "Hot Powerful Car" look of vents etc.

Last edited by KingTut; 01-18-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by JoesC5
And also in the 00's. First thing I did with my 09 Z06 was to paint the rear spoiler and the door handles Cyber Gray(body color) so they didn't look like JC Whitney "boy racer" tack ons.
Understood, but i'm talking about the monotone look, where everything is painted the same color, even the wheels. Very 90's.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by texvette2
This what many are saying in various threads. Like the thing and
having the money are too different directions. Did gm alienate
allot the money base in hope of appealing to a non money base ??
How could either of you even make such a unfounded claim?
The fact is that GM can't continue to sell the Corvette when the median buying age is 55-years old. It's no secret that sales have declined and GM has had the lowest combined 2-year sales total since 1961-2.
From what I've seen, the car is appealing to younger buyers. Those who would otherwise look at GT-R's, GT500's, etc.. That's a good thing for GM.
Prior to the C7, I had no interest in Corvette, despite having grown up with my father racing Corvettes in SCCA (well...the ZR1 has been somewhat of a lure). I have a deposit on a C7, and replacing one of my GT500's with it.
That's a good thing for GM.
S.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS
There were many things one this car I thought I didn't like: the hood vent, the rear fender vents, the cove vents, the panel around the exhaust, actually the whole back end,, rear quarter windows etc. but after seeing the actual car all I can say is somehow it all just works together. The car is All I can suggest is try to reserve judgement until you see the car in 3D. I would like to see how many people who are complaining have not actually seen the car and how many(like myself) change their mind after they see it.
With all these vents...where is the water going to go unless it is someones garage queen?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 PM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Cool !! Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Saw it at auto show today