Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:27 PM
chi_stingray
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Order accepted, no target production week listed at this time

Just like the title says. I talked to GM Live Chat and they said:

"The preliminary order has been accepted but unfortunately there is no target production week (TPW) listed at this time."

What does this mean?. Am I pretty much waiting for my dealers turn to get the car built at this point? I had her sign me up for email updates so I should be getting those every Monday.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:28 PM
16LBCOUPE
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont count on the emails. I was signed up too and have yet to receive one. Best info is straight from the dealer.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
andre060
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best to ask them for the status code specifically - they will happily give it out if asked. From that description though it sounds like you're at 1100 - order not yet given an allocation. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:44 PM
eyedunno
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chi_stingray

"The preliminary order has been accepted but unfortunately there is no target production week (TPW) listed at this time."

What does this mean?. Am I pretty much waiting for my dealers turn to get the car built at this point? I had her sign me up for email updates so I should be getting those every Monday.
I'm in the same boat after 3 weeks. On my coupe its the constraint on the top holding things up.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 122 Posts

6 weeks at 1100... 2LT Z51 and painted roof. Dealer is telling me it's the Z51 that's holding things up. I'm getting frustrated.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

8+ weeks for me. Still at 1100. Z51 2LT. I was third in line at time of deposit (May 22). Now I'm number 1. The dealer does decent vette volume. Usually ranks 50-60 in the country. Whatever the case, looks like the summer is shot.

Last edited by Comebackid; 07-20-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 122 Posts

Honestly if it's looking like November or later I will cancel my order and reorder in the spring. I'm not getting it just To store it for the next 6 months.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:15 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by chi_stingray

If your event code is 1100, the clock hasn't yet begun to tick and there's no way of knowing when your car will be built. If your event code is 2000 or higher, you're in very good shape. That means your order has been picked up. The event code usually jumps from 2000 to 3000 in just a few days. Once it hits 3000, the TPW is usually assigned within a week or so. The actual TPW is usually three to four weeks out from the week that it gets assigned.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:27 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

This is true. Until it gets to 2000 and beyond, it is a preliminary order which will sit until it is assigned to an actual allocation. Some customers found this out the hard way last year, and never did get picked up.

If this is your case, and it doesn't change soon enough for you, you may want to consider canceling and ordering with on of the big forum dealers (Mike Furman is my personal recommendation) as they have the allocations and will get your car fast as humanly possible.

I placed my order on 7/14, it was at status code 1100, then on Thursday they got an allocation and assigned it at which point it went to status code 2000 with a Targrt Production Period of 8/10-16. This is for a Z51 3LT with no items on constraint. He did indicate that it was one of only 45 Z51 allocations for that week nation wide.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:04 PM
l.i. bruce fan
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
This is true. Until it gets to 2000 and beyond, it is a preliminary order which will sit until it is assigned to an actual allocation. Some customers found this out the hard way last year, and never did get picked up.

If this is your case, and it doesn't change soon enough for you, you may want to consider canceling and ordering with on of the big forum dealers (Mike Furman is my personal recommendation) as they have the allocations and will get your car fast as humanly possible.

I placed my order on 7/14, it was at status code 1100, then on Thursday they got an allocation and assigned it at which point it went to status code 2000 with a Targrt Production Period of 8/10-16. This is for a Z51 3LT with no items on constraint. He did indicate that it was one of only 45 Z51 allocations for that week nation wide.
I ordered from the #2 dealer on July 3, confirmed my order with allocation on Thursday July 16 at which point i was told it was at 1100, and today CCC told me it was at 2000 but with no TPW...maybe tomorrow?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan
I ordered from the #2 dealer on July 3, confirmed my order with allocation on Thursday July 16 at which point i was told it was at 1100, and today CCC told me it was at 2000 but with no TPW...maybe tomorrow?
As I stated in post # 9 of this thread, your TPW won't be assigned until after your event code hits 3000. It usually doesn't get assigned until you've been at 3000 for a week or so.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:10 PM
scrmeagle
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpuzach
As I stated in post # 9 of this thread, your TPW won't be assigned until after your event code hits 3000. It usually doesn't get assigned until you've been at 3000 for a week or so.
He is right..... I have been there but mine is on schedule for TPW 8/17..... so exxited. Just be patient.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:22 PM
addybuddy
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i have been in the same boat as most of you who have been waiting to move from status 1100. i had my order in with a local dealer (decent history with corvette selling) in feb 2015 for a 2lt 2015. it did not move for 2 months. later went with same dealer for a 2016. the dealer did not have allocations and was not being honest about it. as usual, the order did not move forward for another 3 months. i gave up. Called Mike Furman in june. 23rd june status 2000 and a week later status 3300 tpw 08/03. got a late tpw due to color constraint and roof constraint on order.
my recommendation is to call one of the big dealers/forum dealers if you guys want it quick (ofcourse i would recommend mike furman).
hope this could be of help to you guys.

good luck
Old 07-21-2015, 11:30 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

You don't need to transport... Have it courtesy delivered to a local dealer. Relatively simple to arrange, and far less than transport.

Or make a trip of a lifetime and take Museum delivery... Highly recommended. Did it last year with the wife's, and doing it again this year for mine.

If you want a car, you can get it in 6-8 weeks (plus transport) relatively easily. Or you can play the wait and hope game.

GM will not disclose their specific allocations, and the allocation system plain sucks for most.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Hehe... Wife's is singular possessive... Wives is plural.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:57 PM
addybuddy
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DethMetalVette
Does anyone know if there's a way to get GM to disclose how many allocations your local dealer receives and/or provide ANY detail as to when they'll accept an order? I seriously do not have the luxury of sitting and waiting for months HOPING my order will at some point proceed to 2000. I'm trying to spend 60-70 thousand dollars on a daily driver here. Five months before finally giving up? That's ridiculous.

I realize the answer is to simply ask my dealer, but I'm afraid of annoying him further, since I've already asked multiple times for status and he's the only dealer I've found in California that will honor the GM Credit Union pricing from 2015 on a new 2016 build. From what I've read over the past few days, it seems like he'll be selling me the car at invoice and will probably make next to no money on the sale. He's really just doing this as a favor to maintain a good relationship with our family (we buy a lot of Chevrolet's). I have yet to find another dealer in California with allocations to spare AND willing to give me this price point.

Please do not tell me to go buy from a large volume dealer on the east coast. Transporting a car to Southern California is not cheap (I was quoted $2300 from one of the big dealers on this forum) and emissions/registration in California is already a nightmare without bringing a car in from out of state.

Sorry about the rant. Very frustrated here...
courtesy delivery is what i am doing. no hassle. just a decent added fee for the delivery you pay the delivering dealer. as far as allocation goes.. what i have learnt from this forum is that your dealer should be able to give you a list of allocations if he has any.. if not .. he probably does not have any allocations..
hope things work out for you. sorry for the frustration. i have been there so i can understand.
good luck
Old 07-22-2015, 07:38 PM
l.i. bruce fan
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts

Also now at 3000 with no TPW. Any consensus on how long till you get a TPW after 3000?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:58 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
You don't need to transport... Have it courtesy delivered to a local dealer. Relatively simple to arrange, and far less than transport.

Or make a trip of a lifetime and take Museum delivery... Highly recommended. Did it last year with the wife's, and doing it again this year for mine.

If you want a car, you can get it in 6-8 weeks (plus transport) relatively easily. Or you can play the wait and hope game.

GM will not disclose their specific allocations, and the allocation system plain sucks for most.
Yes, Courtesy delivery is the way to go. Cost me $450.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:13 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan
Also now at 3000 with no TPW. Any consensus on how long till you get a TPW after 3000?
Did you read post # 9 or post # 12 of this thread?

Get notified of new replies

To Order accepted, no target production week listed at this time

Quick Reply: Order accepted, no target production week listed at this time