C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The More I Think Of It The More I Hate The Direction Corvette Is Going In..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by sprtplt
Says who exactly??
1320vetteran
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

No disrespect, but where have you been. All the Do Dads as you put it have been being added to the Corvette for a long time now. Each year there seems to be something new added to the car for creature comfort or driver aid.
Just because there are a lot on new gadgets and technology in the C7, nothing says you have to order one with all of the options . I happen to have a C6 with the 3LT and the Z51 option. That sure was not the base model in 2007. You can get a stripped down C7. Granted it will have a few more do dads then the 1953, but lets face it, times have changed.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by BWF07
No disrespect, but where have you been. All the Do Dads as you put it have been being added to the Corvette for a long time now. Each year there seems to be something new added to the car for creature comfort or driver aid.
Just because there are a lot on new gadgets and technology in the C7, nothing says you have to order one with all of the options . I happen to have a C6 with the 3LT and the Z51 option. That sure was not the base model in 2007. You can get a stripped down C7. Granted it will have a few more do dads then the 1953, but lets face it, times have changed.
He wants lap belts,am radio, dash mounted review mirror, long throw shifter, etc. in the C7
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

haters gonna hate
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
This is not a hate C7 thread so don't get your panties in a bunch.. My point you ask? I think GM is taking Corvette to up market. It was never meant to be an upscale automobile. It was made to be light fast and fun and AFFORDABLE! I think GM has totally lost focus on what the 1953 concept set out to do. Did it have all the doo dads and gimmicks that Cadillacs had of that era? NOPE. So why have them now? I'm looking over all the crap they are piling on C7 digital screens push button this push button that, and of course LUGGAGE!! LUGGAGE seriously?
Please stop already. We get it, you can't afford it. Be happy with what you have and stop raining on the parade in multiple threads.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
He wants lap belts,am radio, dash mounted review mirror, long throw shifter, etc. in the C7
Aaaah..

Quick Reply: The More I Think Of It The More I Hate The Direction Corvette Is Going In..