C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Four colors, which do YOU choose…?!?
Arctic White
22.78%
Blade Silver Metallic
10.13%
Cyber Grey Metallic
53.16%
Velocity Yellow Tint
13.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Narrowing down the color options…!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Boil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrowing down the color options…!

I am SO undecided on exterior color…!

I have it narrowed down to the above four colors.

The Arctic White really POPS out the Carbon Flash bits & the reds of the taillights & on the flags, but I worry about keeping it properly clean. If I went Arctic White I would also feel compelled to pop the 600 bucks for red brake calipers, which I feel is a bit much for painting the calipers…

The Blade Silver & Cyber Grey Metallics, I would actually prefer something in between the two, more of a gunmetal. Like a medium grey, light enough to allow the Carbon Flash bits to contrast, but not light enough to show too much dirt.

The Velocity Yellow Tint is in the mix to rep the racing livery; but with the Carbon Flash bits & pieces the yellow looks very Transformer-ish, which is cool, but… I would need to get a Bumblebee Bee-yotch air freshener to hang from the rearview mirror! LOL…!

Again, the outrageous 600 bucks charge for painting the brake calipers rears its ugly head, as I would want to go with Carbon Flash on the calipers if I went silver/grey/yellow on the body…

What to do, what to do…!!!

Last edited by Boil; 01-21-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
vettenutchas
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wait till you see those colors on a C7 in person.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Boil

The Arctic White really POPS out the Carbon Flash bits & the reds of the taillights & on the flags, but I worry about keeping it properly clean. If I went Arctic White I would also feel compelled to pop the 600 bucks for red brake calipers, which I feel is a bit much for painting the calipers…

The Blade Silver & Cyber Grey Metallics, I would actually prefer something in between the two, more of a gunmetal. Like a medium grey, light enough to allow the Carbon Flash bits to contrast, but not light enough to show too much dirt.

The Velocity Yellow Tint is in the mix to rep the racing livery; but with the Carbon Flash bits & pieces the yellow looks very Transformer-ish, which is cool, but… I would need to get a Bumblebee Bee-yotch air freshener to hang from the rearview mirror! LOL…!

Again, the outrageous 600 bucks charge for painting the brake calipers rears its ugly head, as I would want to go with Carbon Flash on the calipers if I went silver/grey/yellow on the body…

If I was dealing with the choices you have, I would go the Cyber Gray metallic. Me personally, it will most likely be Torch Red ( so it will fit nicely next to my DRM Vette and Blaze Red TA) with painted calipers to match (though I did not expect it to be such an expensive option, which I may have to reconsider).
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I voted blade silver for you because the cyber grey will show dirt quicker...cyber grey would be my first choice. White or silver would be my second choice. Not a yellow fan.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Boil
Instructor

Originally Posted by vettenutchas
Most definitely…! Maybe I can find a dealership that has one of EACH sitting on the lot at some point, but I don't know if that would ever happen. Might have to drive around South Florida a bit once they actually start hitting the showroom floors and see what my eye likes…!

I DO like black, but I also KNOW what a PITA it is to keep clean…!

I also REALLY like the Lime Rock Green, but I have a hard time accepting ANY green sports cars unless it is of British manufacturer and the color should then be the proper British Racing Green…! Call me old fashioned…!

(That said, watch me end up with a Lime Rock Green exterior & either a Brownstone or Kalahari interior…)
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Out of your selections I voted for arctic white. I am going with arctic white or torch red.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Boil
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I voted blade silver for you because the cyber grey will show dirt quicker...cyber grey would be my first choice. White or silver would be my second choice. Not a yellow fan.
This is what got me on the whole white Corvette bandwagon in the first place…

So now I am imagining an Arctic White C7 Z07X in my minds eye…!

But then I keep gravitating towards the Blade Silver Metallic as a 'low key' alternative…

Gotta see them in real life, under the natural light of the South Florida sun; but it looks more & more like a choice between Arctic White & Blade Silver Metallic…

And that Z06X still thrills me…!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:58 PM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

For my C7, I'm going to pick Velocity Yellow and that's how I voted. Just too much of a Corvette Racing fan not to.

But based on what I've seen on Chevrolets colorizing thingy mubopper, the C7 looks the best in Blade Silver. Plus, the Blade Silver makes it very difficult to see swirl marks. They're more obvious on white.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 PM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 520 Posts

Green with tan gut or cyber gray with black/red gut for me
Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
George36
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boil

Where did you find it was $600.00 for painting the brake calipers? That is crazy..
Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I have CG coupe now, and if it weren't for the available green, I'd get it again.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
vettenutchas
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Last new C6 I saw had calipers painted to match body color and the sticker listed them as a $600.00 option!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I would go back from black to torch red for the c7 z51 m7....with NPP, competition seats (dueout later)

To answer your question GM chose cyber grey and that would be a great choice.. I love the cyber grey shown...
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Boil
Instructor

Originally Posted by George36
Where did you find it was $600.00 for painting the brake calipers? That is crazy..
Last new C6 I saw had calipers painted to match body color and the sticker listed them as a $600.00 option!
That is what I was going on, do not see why they would change the price for a new model; and I AGREE that it is a crazy expensive price for what it is…!

I think I am leaning toward the Blade Silver Metallic (which is itself an additional cost, Metallics & Tints, thanks GM), so I can only HOPE the stock caliper color is black… Carbon Flash to be more precise, so it matches the other 'black' bits…

Now I gotta figure out if 'Seats - Suede Inserts' is an option for the Competition Seats; and if so, can I get it done in Dark Grey…!?!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I love the cyber grey, my current is CGM. Cyber Grey seems like its going to be such a hit on the Stingray that I think it may be to common for my tastes. Lol. And I have this vision of white and carbon fiber.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Brett Hunter
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is what I did on my 05 C6. When I started there was only one color that I didn't think I liked (arctic white). However after going to look at a precision red and finding an arctic white in the showroom with it, I couldn't resist and placed my order for an arctic white. Shown below in my sig.

White generally doesn't photograph well so I expect it to really look good in person judging by how well it looks so far.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Boil
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
…this vision of white and carbon fiber.
Have you seen my other poll…?!? ;^p

Visible Carbon Fiber Hood

Damnit, now I am thinking about Arctic White again…!!! ARGHHHH…!!!!

(Okay, who has the Carbon Fiber kit for the C7…?!? Front splitter, headlight buckets, side skirts, side mirrors, rear spoiler & rear diffuser…)

Last edited by Boil; 01-21-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: CARBON FIBER…!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Narrowing down the color options…!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Red...red...red!!!.......
Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Boil
Instructor

Originally Posted by svtkeith
Red...red...red!!!.......
NOt a choice here, move along…

(If this were an old Star Trek episode, you would be dead soon…!)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Nothing beats that sexy Torch Red color

Quick Reply: Narrowing down the color options…!