Sponsored by:

March 2013 Road and Track -- C7 Article w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default March 2013 Road and Track -- C7 Article w/ Pics

If this is a repost I apologize. It's impossible to keep up with the flow of information on here and I saw nothing when I searched.

The C7 is on the cover and there's a fairly informative article on it in the March Road and Track. Pictures of the grey one included. I picked one up last night at Barnes & Noble.

I've seen the question asked if the Rev Match can be switched off, the articles states there is a button to do that. You heel and toers are safe!

My favorite part of the article reads: "Stylistically, the C7 bravely defies the boomer status quo; it's too early to judge how it will play on the street. One thing's for sure: The internet commentariat, rising from burrito stained armchairs, will profess to hate every inch".

Ha! I think we've seen that.

For the record, I am in love with the car. So excited to see it in person and eventually buy the thing!

Last edited by hey32g; 01-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 PM
BRISLS1
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '14,’19

burrito stained armchairs
Wrong on many levels...first bashing people who only have an internet voice for speaking out on their tastes. Who else is going to buy the cars? The journalists for Car & Driver and Road & Track.
Second, to imply that Corvette fans who don't attend the unveiling auto shows are lazy, armchair sloppy burrito spilling people, is a stereotype that is not fair.
If the Road&Track writer is so convinced that the home-gamer will hate the car and comment negative on the internet, then isn't that saying something? That's who the car is made for! Who cares what a journalist who flies and eats for free thinks of a car that is flanked on all sides by women in short skirts and shined on by bright lights? I want to hear what a foundry worker or machinist thinks of the car.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:11 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

EPIC LINE! Perfect description!!!

"One thing's for sure: The internet commentariat, rising from burrito stained armchairs, will profess to hate every inch"
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hey32g
For the record, I am in love with the car. So excited to see it in person and eventually buy the thing!
I can tell you this...anyone who doesn't all out HATE this car, will be SOLD when they are next to it in person.

Pictures do this car no justice. Pictures also exaggerate the car in many way, versus in person, its smooth, flowing, aggressive, wide and exotic looking.

I scrutinized pictures, even took a ton on GranTurismo...which truly gave me a great look at the car...but what you can't replicate is standing next to it...looking at it from the height that you stand...scanning it with your eyes versus seeing all of it in a photo at once. When you see it, you want to drive it, you will want to own it!

90% of these haters are going to see the car, and whether or not they want to admit it, will ENVY those who have it. This car is awesome in person!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
EPIC LINE! Perfect description!!!

"One thing's for sure: The internet commentariat, rising from sushi stained armchairs, will profess to love every inch"
Fixed it for ya!

........and that's just as equally ridiculous as the original "quote"!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

I love sushi.....healthy and delicious!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:33 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
I love sushi.....healthy and delicious!
............as long as its fresh!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Fixed it for ya!

........and that's just as equally ridiculous as the original "quote"!
yes absolutely!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by BRISLS1
Wrong on many levels...first bashing people who only have an internet voice for speaking out on their tastes. Who else is going to buy the cars? The journalists for Car & Driver and Road & Track.
Second, to imply that Corvette fans who don't attend the unveiling auto shows are lazy, armchair sloppy burrito spilling people, is a stereotype that is not fair.
If the Road&Track writer is so convinced that the home-gamer will hate the car and comment negative on the internet, then isn't that saying something? That's who the car is made for! Who cares what a journalist who flies and eats for free thinks of a car that is flanked on all sides by women in short skirts and shined on by bright lights? I want to hear what a foundry worker or machinist thinks of the car.
Wee bit sensitive, are we? That type of quote sells magazines and I loved it. Almost as much as I love a good burrito sitting in my recliner watching "Wheeler Dealers."

Old 01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z
Wee bit sensitive, are we? That type of quote sells magazines and I loved it. Almost as much as I love a good burrito sitting in my recliner watching "Wheeler Dealers."

I love Wheeler Dealers! How tall is that guy? I'm 6'5" and I bet he would tower over me!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Absolutely...I'm very picky about my sushi...very critical...

Great documentary on netflix- Jiro, I Dream of Sushi
Old 01-19-2013, 02:55 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by BRISLS1
So, let me see if I've got this right....50 gazillion posts on CF alone about how the C7 is:
1. Ricer looking
2. Has Camaro tailights
3. Overall bitching about the car in general....
but let Road and Track, quite correctly, point out what has been written (and locked), ad nauseum, on the internet, and they're out of line?????

Jimmy
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default But?!

Originally Posted by Torch Z

Do the people in the room with you love your burritos deal?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Do the people in the room with you love your burritos deal?

When I want "me time," I know how to get it
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, you don't want gas station convenience mart sushi
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 PM
BRISLS1
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '14,’19

I am sorry if my reaction was sensitive. I just thought calling Corvette Forum folks bound to armchairs to the point of spilling burritos, a bit painting with a broad brush. I have gotten help here, and read some smart analysis of the Corvette. Many drivers I know are hard core fitness fanatics, or otherwise have demanding busy lifestyles. I was only wanting to defend the forum crew having a valuable opinion.
I have an armchair. It's a Stressless that helps with back problems, when paired with regular exercise. I also eat tons of Chipotle burritos.
I bought a 2007 Z06 today from Carmax with only 1800 miles on it! I like the C7, but it looks like it may be in short supply for the near term, and won't drop to the used market low enough for me for a while. I hope to continue getting good advice from all of you now that have two of our beloved in my driveway!

Get notified of new replies

To March 2013 Road and Track -- C7 Article w/ Pics

Quick Reply: March 2013 Road and Track -- C7 Article w/ Pics