C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Irony of "Camaro Tail Light" complainers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Irony of "Camaro Tail Light" complainers.

I was driving behind a new Camaro the other night when I noticed something very funny...

Round tail lights.

Have NONE of the Camaro Tail Light complainers noticed that the Camaro actually has ROUND tail lights, even though the bezels are square? LOL

Yet you're all complaining that you:

a) Don't want the lights to look like Camaro lights.
b) Want round tail lights.

Well, which is it? HAHAHA

Reality check: The Corvette's lights are completely different from the Camaro's.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

No body really cared about round square oblong or trapiziod. The whole argument was over why did GM get lazy and use the Camaro rear end for inspiration? They only were pissed that the top flagship used lesser cars for inspiration. Really nothing more than that. Of course during the yelling matches between the sides it morphed into calling it one thing, labeling others another thing, basically going from a valid observation to justifying each others very nature at their core.

.......still going on BTW.

One side says.....Are you BLIND!!! There's NO WAY IT Looks similar!!@!!

The other side says......Are you BLIND!!!! There's NO WAY IT Looks different!!@!!

Haters!!!!
Fanboys!!!!

Your Momma!!!!!
Your Daddy!!!!!

Last edited by sfc rick; 01-19-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Complaints??????????????????????
Were you around when the 63 coupe came out????????????
That rear window did not go over well.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by road pilot
And they changed it the next year. Now the 63 is highly desirable. I wonder if the same will be true for the 2014. Only time will tell, but I'm down for the 2014!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Old 01-19-2013, 04:47 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by road pilot
fake louvers on the hood of the 58 went away after one year as the did the fake hood vents on the 63.

Sometimes the designers need to be taken to the woodshed.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They are half round
Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Gm got lazy??

Wow.. whenever I see the c7 the last thing on my mind is lazy. The c6 was lazy with a bland design until the z06 saved it. The c7 if anything shows that the designers maybe went overboard but that in itself is subject to interpretation, much like 99% of the topics be discussed here.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Reality check: The Corvette's lights are completely different from the Camaro's.

Reality check: You have no grasp on reality.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:54 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by obzidian
Gm got lazy??

Wow.. whenever I see the c7 the last thing on my mind is lazy. The c6 was lazy with a bland design until the z06 saved it. The c7 if anything shows that the designers maybe went overboard but that in itself is subject to interpretation, much like 99% of the topics be discussed here.
Now that's reaching.... The C6 was designed with a different objective I bet, cost being one, time being another, with the idea being they didn't intend to start with a clean slate.

Now, the C7 may have been a completely different design exercise, going for a total recasting as it appears they done. So with that objective in mind......why in the hell would you reuse another models characteristics? THAT was the only thing the other side had problems with.

The flagship model should stand way above the others, or perhaps not any longer?

It's no matter now, it will sell and very well indeed or at least sell as well as an Aztec. Either way, when a few years have passed I'll join the ranks of C7 owners.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

you know these are aftermarket LED lights from AAC, right? ones that accentuate the half-ring with a strip of LEDs

and the factory ones on the Camaro really just have a half-moon-ish shaped lens inside the square housing
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 PM
PRicanC6Xpress
Pro

Location: From: Brooklyn Kiddo, Live in Wantagh, Long Island NY....... New York
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
I was driving behind a new Camaro the other night when I noticed something very funny...

Round tail lights.

Have NONE of the Camaro Tail Light complainers noticed that the Camaro actually has ROUND tail lights, even though the bezels are square? LOL

Yet you're all complaining that you:

a) Don't want the lights to look like Camaro lights.
b) Want round tail lights.

Well, which is it? HAHAHA

That sure Looks square to me or I have to go see my Optimologist first thing Tuesday. Monday Ill be starring at these lights all day to get them round in my mind. Happy Martin Luther King day...... on Monday to all...................
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
fake louvers on the hood of the 58 went away after one year as the did the fake hood vents on the 63.

At least all the louvers on the C7 are functional and there for a reason. Like them or not, they serve a purpose.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sfc rick
Now that's reaching.... The C6 was designed with a different objective I bet, cost being one, time being another, with the idea being they didn't intend to start with a clean slate.

Now, the C7 may have been a completely different design exercise, going for a total recasting as it appears they done. So with that objective in mind......why in the hell would you reuse another models characteristics? THAT was the only thing the other side had problems with.

The flagship model should stand way above the others, or perhaps not any longer?

It's no matter now, it will sell and very well indeed or at least sell as well as an Aztec. Either way, when a few years have passed I'll join the ranks of C7 owners.
I'm just curious but you are aware that people were saying exactly what your saying (outside of it being C5/6 instead of C6/7) when C6 came out? Also curious if you're aware that the total changed content between C5 and C6 is equivalent to the total changed content between C6 and C7?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

I noticed this the other night as a Camaro went by. The resemblence during the day is very, very weak. At night, you would have be blind to think they are similar.

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To Irony of "Camaro Tail Light" complainers.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by crabman
I'm just curious but you are aware that people were saying exactly what your saying (outside of it being C5/6 instead of C6/7) when C6 came out? Also curious if you're aware that the total changed content between C5 and C6 is equivalent to the total changed content between C6 and C7?
You are aware that the entire content of the C6 Z06 suspension/drive train directly bolt right to the C5? In other words direct replacement! I've basically got Z06 components installed already. Now, try that between a C7 and C6. NOTHING is the same.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 AM
JDaniel
Senior Badass!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I love beating dead horses! The engineers inspiration for the C7 rearend clearly come from the Camaro. The lights may not be exactly the same but the cuts and placement of the entire rearend screams Camaro. Im sure this will be revised within the second or third year and all the Gen 1 C7 owners will be pissed.

From what I see just on this forum more than half of the people posting are moreless unhappy with the rearend of the C7. Will that keep them from buying? Probably not. Most people buy cars like this to keep up with the Joneses or to fulfill something they are lacking. Not because they absolutly love the car.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
ZR1North
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5

Louvers on the C7 are NOT fake. All the duct work is part of the aerodynamics of the car! I saw the car yesterday at the show. There is something to the arrument that you have to see it to appreciate it (and probably drive it to appreciate it more).

Quick Reply: Irony of "Camaro Tail Light" complainers.