C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base C7 in the wild

Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Kratos-TM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooohhh noooo..no..no...no...., this car started to grow on me lately, and this pic just set me backwards. Noooo, I'm starting to hate the rear again........just when I was about to get over it........damn....
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
PWRNXS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get me wrong I love the C7, just saw a resemblance when I saw that pic.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew24
Dude, .. I'm not one of the criers claiming the car or the tail lights look bad.
Here is exactly what you said:

"GM gave us this awful blacked out back end"

What many of you who are critics of all or just a part of the car do not understand is that it is not what you say but how you say it that matters. It is one thing to say that you do not like what they have done with the paint on the rear of the car, it is quite another to say what you said. To add drama (or many think they are saying something that is clever) is to invite an equally dramatic response. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with anyone and everyone offering their honest opinion if they do so in a simple, non-dramatic manner.

Then there are those who say that they are "really trying hard to like it, but..." That is BS! You either like it or not at this point. Your opinion may change over time but NOT because you "tried" to like it.

Way back in 1967, when the Camaro first came out, I thought it looked very plain Jane compared to the Mustang. By the time I graduated from college, I had owned and loved two of them and now consider 1st generation Camaros great classic designs. Rant done
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484

What many of you who are critics of all or just a part of the car do not understand is that it is not what you say but how you say it that matters. It is one thing to say that you do not like what they have done with the paint on the rear of the car, it is quite another to say what you said. To add drama (or many think they are saying something that is clever) is to invite an equally dramatic response. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with anyone and everyone offering their honest opinion if they do so in a simple, non-dramatic manner.

Then there are those who say that they are "really trying hard to like it, but..." That is BS! You either like it or not at this point. Your opinion may change over time but NOT because you "tried" to like it.

Way back in 1967, when the Camaro first came out, I thought it looked very plain Jane compared to the Mustang. By the time I graduated from college, I had owned and loved two of them and now consider 1st generation Camaros great classic designs. Rant done
with all due respect...just stop talking. I don't even know where to begin with this.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
with all due respect...just stop talking. I don't even know where to begin with this.
Just go away.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,830 Likes on 659 Posts

OK, I'll bite on this comment since you're in essence calling me and people who think like me out directly. I can honestly say I've tried very hard to like the rear end ever since the reveal and the reason I'm trying so hard to like it is because I really want to buy a new 'Vette this fall. I've looked at every picture and watched every video on this site trying to convince myself the back of this car looks good, but guess what? It's not working!!! The rear end just does not blend with the rest of this car's design and it's a damn shame because IMHO it's the only negative aspect of the C7. Every time I see a picture that I think may look halfway decent I'll see another one like the "in the wild" photo in this thread that shows just how bad the back end of the car looks. If you can't understand that mentality then there's no point trying to reason with you.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by BMadden
OK, I'll bite on this comment since you're in essence calling me and people who think like me out directly. I can honestly say I've tried very hard to like the rear end ever since the reveal and the reason I'm trying so hard to like it is because I really want to buy a new 'Vette this fall. I've looked at every picture and watched every video on this site trying to convince myself the back of this car looks good, but guess what? It's not working!!! The rear end just does not blend with the rest of this car's design and it's a damn shame because IMHO it's the only negative aspect of the C7. Every time I see a picture that I think may look halfway decent I'll see another one like the "in the wild" photo in this thread that shows just how bad the back end of the car looks. If you can't understand that mentality then there's no point trying to reason with you.
You like it or don't like it. Quit "trying". That is my point.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

settle down girls...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Why cant GM get the stance correct? C6 and now C7 look like a 4x4.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

You like it or don't like it. Quit "trying". That is my point.
Um, apparently you just disregarded everything I previously said, but I'll say it again. I'm TRYING to like it because I want to buy a C7 this fall, but right now I don't like it at all. I am beyond disappointed in the rear end of this car and think it ruins an otherwise beautiful design. Again, I'm hoping I can eventually convince myself the rear end is acceptable, but it's going to be a hard sell. I'll leave it at that.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

It is one thing to say that you do not like what they have done with the paint on the rear of the car, it is quite another to say what you said.
Are you the freakin' opinion police around here??? Yes, I think the blacked out back end looks awful, but it's just a paint choice that caused it. Overall the design is beautiful, but blacking out 60% of the rear end takes away from it's overall aesthetic beauty, ... and it's needless.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
johnnystock
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
Why cant GM get the stance correct? C6 and now C7 look like a 4x4.
The stance is worst than a stock 98 Camaro/Firebird... hello 4X4 mod. Pic makes the car look bad.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Are you the freakin' opinion police around here???
Seems like that's the position he hopes to attain.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Ghostface
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by PWRNXS
The Solstice grew up.

I noticed that too. Good thing I like both.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

That is why God made spray paint and Plastidip.

Yes, on my brand new 55-70K car, plastidip.

I thought I liked it more at first, but seeing it on a street, hmmmmm, I don't think I'm in a hurry anymore. It's not just the unsupported roof look, it's... all of it. I might go see it in person at the Chicago show, see if it's better in person, in grey, with the Z51 wheels....

Not sure anymore.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Are you the freakin' opinion police around here??? Yes, I think the blacked out back end looks awful, but it's just a paint choice that caused it. Overall the design is beautiful, but blacking out 60% of the rear end takes away from it's overall aesthetic beauty, ... and it's needless.
I don't care in the slightest what your opinion or anyone else's is. But if you state it in a snarky manner don't complain when you get called on it. Capiche?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by BMadden
Seems like that's the position he hopes to attain.
See now you are distracting yourself from wanting and trying to like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Base C7 in the wild

Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by mazurekd
Yes, on my brand new 55-70K car, plastidip.

I thought I liked it more at first, but seeing it on a street, hmmmmm, I don't think I'm in a hurry anymore. It's not just the unsupported roof look, it's... all of it. I might go see it in person at the Chicago show, see if it's better in person, in grey, with the Z51 wheels....

Not sure anymore.
Saw an opening to jump on a band wagon? Good man
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Drumhawk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
hmmm....

Looks like C7 did steal styling cues especially the rear window but no large guy will fit comfortably in the Solstice.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 PM
458it
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG thats one nasty picture(1 page c7). It looks like a 4X4 buggy car lol) Looks so narrow and compressed, damn... Thats why ive always liked the c5's dimensions. It was long, wide and low.Looked very solid.
But people say c7 looks better in person and I want to believe it.I hope it looks much bigger. Also, im ok with the taillights, but hope there will be some aftermarket rear bumpers available soon, cause the stock one looks 2 heavy(at least in photos) and I want something more elegant. of coure that should fit the rest of the car... Or maybe when i see the car in person, ill love it just the way it is...

Last edited by 458it; 01-24-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Base C7 in the wild