Base C7 in the wild - Corvette Forum

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Base C7 in the wild

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
EVL JAKE
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Thread Starter
 
EVL JAKE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Location: Oakbrook IL
Posts: 714
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Base C7 in the wild

I prefer the Z51 much more. Looks like the 18/19" wheels, transparent top and no full length spoiler.

EVL JAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Atomic Fred
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Atomic Fred's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: Chadds Ford PA
Posts: 3,826
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Thanks!

That is really clean. I really like it with the base wheels and no rear spoiler. But, as I mentioned in another post, the new roof design with C-pillars looks really funny to me with the transparent top --like they just ran out of paint, or started to build a bridge and then stopped!

How did it look to you in person?

BTW -- here's a car I saw yesterday -- I think the C7 should treat the transparent top like this -- really nice looking and requires zero alterations to the basic C7 design -- just a change in the painting approach


Last edited by Atomic Fred; 01-23-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Atomic Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
EVL JAKE
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Thread Starter
 
EVL JAKE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Location: Oakbrook IL
Posts: 714
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I didn't actually take the pic, just ran across it on another site.
EVL JAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
rcallen484
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
rcallen484's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,358
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I do like the way that looks right there though.
rcallen484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
sam90lx
CF Senior Member
 
sam90lx's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Ventura CA
Posts: 7,192
Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I agree, unimpressive pic but believe it is a test mule.

I like the C7 from what I have seen I person, but I will not be buying a base C7 if I buy!
sam90lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
sam90lx
CF Senior Member
 
sam90lx's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Ventura CA
Posts: 7,192
Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Pretty sure it is the same one that was in Tempe, AZ the other day.
sam90lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
Stingray23
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,872
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default

still looks good, but incomplete. Needs the bigger wheels and the rear spoiler to look right.
Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Bill17601's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,785
Thanked 218 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL JAKE View Post
I prefer the Z51 much more. Looks like the 18/19" wheels, transparent top and no full length spoiler.

Great catch! First one that I have seen. The wheels and spoiler are the big tip off. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
hey32g
CF Senior Member
 
hey32g's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2009
Location: San Antonio Texas
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL JAKE View Post
I didn't actually take the pic, just ran across it on another site.
Poser!!

Just kidding, Thanks for posting it.

Car looks nice, though.
hey32g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
fourarmo
CF Member
 
fourarmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wheel gap looks bad. Didn't notice on the Z51... is it lower?
fourarmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 32,122
Thanked 216 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourarmo View Post
Wheel gap looks bad. Didn't notice on the Z51... is it lower?
Why should the wheel gap look worse on this car then on a Z51 equipped car? Wheel diameter changes but not the tire diameter.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
FrankLP
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FrankLP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Husker Nation
Posts: 1,981
Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourarmo View Post
Wheel gap looks bad. Didn't notice on the Z51... is it lower?
Agree...bet the Z51 is lowered. Just like most all Vettes...lowering will improve stance/appearance.
FrankLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
bilderguy
Junior Member
 
bilderguy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I saw a yellow one on the freeway today in Milford. I took a pic but I am on an iPhone and don't know how to upload. It looked really cool. Manufactur plate.
bilderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
JerriVette
CF Senior Member
 
JerriVette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Bergen county NJ
Posts: 6,798
Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Another added reason to get the z51 and carbon roof ...

Car needs 20s out back from the z51 package
JerriVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
Achmed
CF Senior Member
 
Achmed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,433
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch Z View Post
Thanks!

That is really clean. I really like it with the base wheels and no rear spoiler. But, as I mentioned in another post, the new roof design with C-pillars looks really funny to me with the transparent top --like they just ran out of paint, or started to build a bridge and then stopped!

How did it look to you in person?

BTW -- here's a car I saw yesterday -- I think the C7 should treat the transparent top like this -- really nice looking and requires zero alterations to the basic C7 design -- just a change in the painting approach

Is the transparent top an option or does the base C7 come with the transparent top?
Achmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
BAD_TCR
CF Senior Member
 
BAD_TCR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2004
Location: McKinney TX
Posts: 1,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilderguy View Post
I saw a yellow one on the freeway today in Milford. I took a pic but I am on an iPhone and don't know how to upload. It looked really cool. Manufactur plate.
Email it, to yourself and upload it to photobucket/a host or email/text it to someone on here to do it for you-- I've got to see a yellow!
BAD_TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
daixloxbmw
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 410
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default



Anyone else think the roof line looks unsupported with the exposed carbon fiber roof? You have the body colored C pillar that goes up toward the roof panel, then it just turns all black. So now you have this rear glass that is surrounded on the back side by the C pillar but nothing up front because of the blacked out B pillar.

At least the C6 had a body colored B pillar that visually supports the rear glass.

I like the idea of the exposed carbon fiber roof panel but I might not get it for this reason alone.
daixloxbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Slow Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Slow Vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Hollywood FL
Posts: 1,525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

looks good but needs to be lowered ASAP!!!
Slow Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
rcallen484
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
rcallen484's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,358
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post


Anyone else think the roof line looks unsupported with the exposed carbon fiber roof? You have the body colored C pillar that goes up toward the roof panel, then it just turns all black. So now you have this rear glass that is surrounded on the back side by the C pillar but nothing up front because of the blacked out B pillar.

At least the C6 had a body colored B pillar that visually supports the rear glass.

I like the idea of the exposed carbon fiber roof panel but I might not get it for this reason alone.
That is why God made spray paint and Plastidip.
rcallen484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
fourarmo
CF Member
 
fourarmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
Why should the wheel gap look worse on this car then on a Z51 equipped car? Wheel diameter changes but not the tire diameter.
Because its not lowered. Also, the carbon roof has body colored sides to extend the c pillar to the windshield. Check the pics from the unveiling.
fourarmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Corvette Forum >
Reload this Page
  • Base C7 in the wild
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    . Sinner Off Topic 22 06-10-2016 03:34 PM
    New C7R pics Stingray23 C7 Z06 Discussion 6 01-13-2014 11:49 AM
    car show/calendar girl tryout photos turbotuner20v C6 Corvette General Discussion 72 08-22-2011 10:27 AM
    A&W Friday Night Dakuda C1 & C2 Corvettes 5 06-19-2010 01:38 PM
    few pics of the project JustForFun C3 General 27 04-27-2006 11:25 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.