Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so cool
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by Johnny vette
From The Back It Looks Like A Trans am........
The tail lamps don't look like very much of them light up strange looking illumination pattern
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ThickLizzyVetteswerv
The main problem with the design of this car is one of proportion. From the rear, especially in these pictures, it looks like a breadvan. While the front half of the car is sleek and athletic, despite what I consider fairly banal features, the back half is still enormous, two generations beyond the original gross butt on the C5. Fat, flat, inelegant. GM continues to insist that the beltline finishes in an upward trajectory at the end of the car rather than taper down into the tail like it did on the Sting Ray and previous Stingray. This makes the back very massive, visually. A problem they compound with the huge flat surfaces behind the rear wheels as well as the board flat back end.

I think these pictures show how tall and narrow the car appears from the back, to the detriment of its sporting aspirations. Compare to a C4 to really drive it home. The tail lights, diffusers, and various disjointed lights and reflectors back there only make it worse.

I love what the Vette represents and I think its performance deserves a much better body to go with it.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't so much GM dictating the "beltline" as much as safety standard are.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:46 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

These threads kind of remind me of guys talking about a superbowl the day after its played. Fans of the winning team at full of themselves and the fans of the losing team can't believe the outcome. I think most comments regarding disappointment on the C7 are from guys that really love Corvettes and really want to like the C7, they just don't like certain elements of the car.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM
bvanwoud
Racer

Originally Posted by zland
These threads kind of remind me of guys talking about a superbowl the day after its played. Fans of the winning team at full of themselves and the fans of the losing team can't believe the outcome. I think most comments regarding disappointment on the C7 are from guys that really love Corvettes and really want to like the C7, they just don't like certain elements of the car.
They will all jump on the bandwagon eventually
By the time the C7 high performance models are out everybody will have long forgotten about all the tail light bitching
Makes we wonder how the tail lights would have been received if the new Camaro was not around.
Its a very modern even futuristic design that everybody will grow to love
Soon we all be seeing alot of that rear end in videos on You Tube like...
C7 Vette walks away from Nissan GTR
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
HurricaneRN
Racer

Everytime I read a comment about the corvette tail looking like the camaro it makes me feel like sombody is telling me that the sky is purple with yellow polka dots, i just dont see it. The only similarity I see is that the rear deck sags a little between the quarters and the tail lights are comprised of four elements (not uncommon). The camaro tail lights are half-rounds with squareish chrome bezels that make it look like a "warning it might be hot" icon on the side o a cup-o-soup.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by HurricaneRN
Everytime I read a comment about the corvette tail looking like the camaro it makes me feel like sombody is telling me that the sky is purple with yellow polka dots, i just dont see it. The only similarity I see is that the rear deck sags a little between the quarters and the tail lights are comprised of four elements (not uncommon). The camaro tail lights are half-rounds with squareish chrome bezels that make it look like a "warning it might be hot" icon on the side o a cup-o-soup.
And I see extermely similar lines and styling cues...especially from the vantage point in the photos a few posts above.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
And I see extremely similar lines and styling cues...especially from the vantage point in the photos a few posts above.

Quick Reply: More Stingray in-the-wild pics