Sponsored by:

Potental C7 local dealer issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

All,

I appreciate the comments. When the time comes, I will follow the advice of those who suggested I present my local dealer with my best Forum quote and ask if he can match it. If he cannot come real close, then I won't feel TOO bad about going someplace else...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Silverblue
I would rather not be ex-communicated from the family
It's already been stated enough times in the thread, but, what the hell: it's not your job to keep the sales organization happy. Your concerns should be:
  • Getting a good deal on the car
  • Getting excellent service on the car
Those things can happen at 2 completely different dealerships. When the C7 is available, get quotes in email from the forum sponsors. Print them out and take them into your local dealer. Give them one chance to meet or beat the quotes; if they can't, pick one of the sponsors. If you're happy with the service at that dealer, then continue to bring your car there.

Easy peasy. The local big-time dealer here knows they're never going to sell a Corvette to me because they can not beat the prices I can get through the forum. But their service department is more than happy to hook me up when I need help. And that's the way it should be.

jas

Quick Reply: Potental C7 local dealer issue