Sponsored by:

Looks like the Red/Black C7 is at Chicago Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looks like the Red/Black C7 is at Chicago Auto Show

Link to some pics at the Chicago Auto Show. Looks like the red/black C7 is there.

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune...show-pictures/
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,289 Likes on 1,966 Posts

Nice! I am excite!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

You can go to the Chicago Auto show site and see it on the web cam. It's the Torch Red and black car, sitting on a turnstyle. It appears they have barriers so people can't touch.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
You can go to the Chicago Auto show site and see it on the web cam. It's the Torch Red and black car, sitting on a turnstyle. It appears they have barriers so people can't touch.
So glad I didn't take the time off from work to drive up from TX. At least at the bash there will be several to sit in.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM
live2drive
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are a few pics from Thursday:

Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

here is some of our coverage of i. we had media access wed night and thursday covering the track edition GTR and ended up doing some nice coverage on the C7 aswell

enjoy

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...3-c7-corvette/

Last edited by M_C7; 02-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by M_C7
here is some of our coverage of i. we had media access wed night and thursday covering the track edition GTR and ended up doing some nice coverage on the C7 aswell

enjoy

is there more than one color there? Or just the red one?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Just the red car was featured at their booth.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I would really like to see other colors on display. I understand these mules are very expensive. The struggle I am having to picking colors. I was gassed about the dark gray. The gray is always seen with super lighting. I need to see it in natural lighting.
Thanks so much for posting these pictures...
Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 272 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Nooooo

I SOOOO wanted to see the car in Cyber Grey that they had in Detroit. I assumed it would be at the show as well, DAMN. I too am struggling with color choice, more so than I ever have before. Well, at least I will get to see the car...
Old 02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill17601
I would really like to see other colors on display. I understand these mules are very expensive. The struggle I am having to picking colors. I was gassed about the dark gray. The gray is always seen with super lighting. I need to see it in natural lighting.
Thanks so much for posting these pictures...
yes, exactly. I want to see that grey outside also. I also want to see all the other colors on display already. I wish they would make the damn thing already. Its a pain waiting months for the reveal, and then so many more months for the actual car. How come the Japanese show you their new car design and then its in the showrooms in what seems like weeks?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Thanks to everyone for post these great shots. I just wish I could get my head wrapped around it, but I just am not getting all warm and fuzzy even though I have seem a lot of pictures and from different angles. I am still holding my final opinion until I see it for real.

I am just not sure what it is that is holding me back. But for all those that love it more power to you.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 PM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by M_C7

enjoy

Thanks for the great pictures. Are these pictures from the Chicago show? I went this morning to the media preview. I was only there briefly. I wanted to see the touring seat and the competition seat. I asked the model, in the top picture above, about the competition seat and she said the competition seat will not be at the show. I am fairly certain the red car on display had the touring seats. I must have been blinded by how great the red C7 looked on the turn-table. I did not remember seeing the seat inside of the aluminum frame?

Going back tomorrow morning for the private C7 showing arranged by CF member Short-throw. Kirk Bennion and Harlan Charles are going to be there to show the car. Will definitely spend more time tomorrow viewing the Stingray display then!

I was not sure about the rear angle and lights initially. Pictures do not do the C7 justice. The C7 looks much better in person. GM hit it out of the park with the C7, it is stunning in person! This car is going to be historic and is certain to leave a legacy years from now.

Also, there were no C6 around the C7 or anywhere at the Chevy display. There were a few C6 Grand Sport on display by other tuners here and there.

Last edited by rexracerx9; 02-09-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks like this Torch Red Corvette is the traveling Show Car Corvette.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

I want I want I wanttttttttt
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 AM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rexracerx9
Thanks for the great pictures. Are these pictures from the Chicago show? I went this morning to the media preview. I was only there briefly. I wanted to see the touring seat and the competition seat. I asked the model, in the top picture above, about the competition seat and she said the competition seat will not be at the show. I am fairly certain the red car on display had the touring seats. I must have been blinded by how great the red C7 looked on the turn-table. I did not remember seeing the seat inside of the aluminum frame?

Going back tomorrow morning for the private C7 showing arranged by CF member Short-throw. Kirk Bennion and Harlan Charles are going to be there to show the car. Will definitely spend more time tomorrow viewing the Stingray display then!

I was not sure about the rear angle and lights initially. Pictures do not do the C7 justice. The C7 looks much better in person. GM hit it out of the park with the C7, it is stunning in person! This car is going to be historic and is certain to leave a legacy years from now.

Also, there were no C6 around the C7 or anywhere at the Chevy display. There were a few C6 Grand Sport on display by other tuners here and there.

yes its from the chicago show. they had the comp seat in the chassis/frame cutout

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like the Red/Black C7 is at Chicago Auto Show

Quick Reply: Looks like the Red/Black C7 is at Chicago Auto Show