Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Achmed
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Achmed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Default C7 vs Gen 5 Viper

Just based on exterior styling alone, which look do you prefer?

I've always thought Vipers edge out the Corvettes in the looks department, but comparing the C7 to the new SRT Viper I think Chevy has finally overtaken them.

Front is comparable, but IMO side and rear of the C7 > SRT Viper.

What do you guys think?
Achmed is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Snorman
Deal with it.
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Snorman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Default

I like the C7 more. After seeing the new Viper at the NYIAS last year, I was completely unimpressed. There was nothing about the car that was a departure from previous generations.
The C7 is a definite step forward for GM, IMO.
S.
Snorman is online now  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
slief
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
slief's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Simi Valley Ca
Default

Personally, I like the C7 more. For a long time I wanted a Viper. At least back in the early Viper GTS days. Since then I personally feel that their styling is kind of bland and that the car has not evolved enough. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and with the latest one they address one of my biggest qualms which was the interior. Still, I much prefer the C7. While the Viper has a very "powerful" or muscular look to it, I think the Corvette looks edgier and more aggressive.
slief is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
C7envy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmed View Post
Just based on exterior styling alone, which look do you prefer?

I've always thought Vipers edge out the Corvettes in the looks department, but comparing the C7 to the new SRT Viper I think Chevy has finally overtaken them.

Front is comparable, but IMO side and rear of the C7 > SRT Viper.

What do you guys think?
The rear of the viper > c7. All else c7 > viper.
C7envy is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
skank
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Carmel CA
Default

Definitely C7, no question about it. Much more progressive and modern.
skank is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Achmed
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Achmed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7envy View Post
The rear of the viper > c7. All else c7 > viper.
lol the rear is honestly my favourite part of the C7
Achmed is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
BWF07
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer
 
BWF07's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: Palm Harbor not far from Sebring Florida
/jack.tipton.16
Default

The C7 hands down over the Viper, and I am not in love (YET) with the C7, but it is a much better looking car. When I saw the SRT Viper, I did not see what they changed from the past version.
BWF07 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Zymurgy
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Zymurgy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Definitely C7, no question about it. Much more progressive and modern.
Zymurgy is online now  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
Binh360
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Default

I saw them both at the Detroit show. I'm a big corvette guy but hands down the viper looks so much better. If viper price was comparable the to Vette, I would buy it over the Vette.
Binh360 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Danbury CT
Default

To me the Viper exudes American muscle, the new C7 leans too much to the Euro look! How long before this thread gets the old padlock? lol
Big Dan 427 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
andy82
CF Senior Member
 
andy82's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 1999
Location: Sunnyvale California
andy.hoepfner
Send a message via AIM to andy82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Personally, I like the C7 more. For a long time I wanted a Viper. At least back in the early Viper GTS days. Since then I personally feel that their styling is kind of bland and that the car has not evolved enough. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and with the latest one they address one of my biggest qualms which was the interior. Still, I much prefer the C7. While the Viper has a very "powerful" or muscular look to it, I think the Corvette looks edgier and more aggressive.
I always wanted a Viper and was looking forward to see the 2014 model, but in real life I was not impressed and the C7 has an edge.
__________________
Andy
NORCAL
2007 LeMans Blue ZR8X
Member of http://www.sccorvettes.org
Board Member of http://www.wscc.ws


andy82 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
BWF07
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer
 
BWF07's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: Palm Harbor not far from Sebring Florida
/jack.tipton.16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binh360 View Post
I saw them both at the Detroit show. I'm a big corvette guy but hands down the viper looks so much better. If viper price was comparable the to Vette, I would buy it over the Vette.
How do you figure the SRT Viper and the C7 are comparable in price. The Viper is over $97,000 and goes up to over $120,000, where the C7 is supposed to start around $56,000 and will most likely top out in the mid $70,000 range. I don't consider that comparable.
BWF07 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Default

Never was big on the Viper's clown shoe look, but the latest Viper is better looking then the C7.
JoesC5 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Jp23rockstar
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
john_peterson23 rocklegend23
Default

I personally like the C7 better then the new viper in exterior design. The C7 looks progressive where as the viper looks unchanged on the outside. The rear end of the c7 has much more going on than say the c6. The c7 looks modern compared to the c6. I just don't like the clown shoe design of the viper too much.
Jp23rockstar is online now  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
How do you figure the SRT Viper and the C7 are comparable in price. The Viper is over $97,000 and goes up to over $120,000, where the C7 is supposed to start around $56,000 and will most likely top out in the mid $70,000 range. I don't consider that comparable.
What will be the cost of a C7 when it is released with 640+ horsepower? Now we're talking apples to apples.
JoesC5 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Danbury CT
Default

@ BFW07, he said "if viper was comparable to the Vette", IF being the key word.
Big Dan 427 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
BeaZt
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
BeaZt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
1320vetteran
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 View Post
To me the Viper exudes American muscle, the new C7 leans too much to the Euro look! How long before this thread gets the old padlock? lol
I love the C7 but the Viper does look more American Muscle to me as well.
BeaZt is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Danbury CT
Default

I really love the 355 footprint out back on the Viper!
Big Dan 427 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
vray
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
vray's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Atascadero California
vSpoke gore for it
Send a message via Yahoo to vray
Default

Viper.
vray is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #20
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
What will be the cost of a C7 when it is released with 640+ horsepower? Now we're talking apples to apples.
The real question is what will be the cost of the C7 that beats the base Viper around a track. The price of the Viper as tested in the recent ZR1 vs Viper comparo was over $140,000. The ZR1 was just over $125,000.

Last edited by BlueOx; 02-06-2013 at 05:21 PM.
BlueOx is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page C7 vs Gen 5 Viper
 
 
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT: Viper Cuts Production - Impact on ZO7 or ZR!? SWO99 C7 General Discussion 141 10-08-2013 06:53 AM
Look alike Cousins? myfunz C7 General Discussion 7 01-10-2013 06:13 AM
viper/vette ssrvette C7 General Discussion 78 11-27-2012 04:23 PM
If both were FREE, 2014 Viper or 2014 C 7? viper for me houstonmannn C7 General Discussion 68 09-18-2012 11:54 AM
Who is going to win a straight line, C6 Z06 or SRT-10 Viper? 01BLKZ06 C6 Z06 Discussion 22 02-16-2004 02:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Emails & Password Backup