Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
Stew24
CF Senior Member

Default Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???

This is really frustrating for me. It seems the only people that get to talk or ask questions to Tadge or Ed Welburn is " Matt Lauer", or "Jay Leno", or "Csaba Csere", or some other journalist. None of these people will ever ask the tough questions to these guys.

I'd love a chance to get a one on one with these guys. I'd be respectful, but I wouldn't mince words or bite my tongue. I've brought the coal to the feet of a few politicians before when no one else would.
If given the chance, I'd ask: ....

* Hey guys, you've gotten 90% of the C7 correct, but little trim decisions have brought that opinion number down to about 60%. Surely you must know this?

* Gentlemen, with the intricate design of the tail lights put aside, the back end of the car is still incredibly busy! Overwhelming concensus is there's just too much crammed into such a small area. (Black-out paint, vents & more vents, oversized emblems, closely placed lettering, cuts and creases, ... gosh! Did the designers really not see this???

* Do you guys depend on focus groups a little too much perhaps? Do you really think this select group of invitees represent what the public really feels? Have you or would you be open to trying other non traditional means of gauging the public sentiment?

Last edited by Stew24; 02-07-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Stew24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
vetehead
CF Senior Member

Vetehead@optonline.net Vetehead

I think your only shot would be at the bash and with that doubt it would be in a public forum.It is a weekend event and maybe you would be a able to corner him on the side. Good luck with that!!
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member

I think the best way to make your point is to not buy a C7. Maybe a another car is more to your liking. That'll get their attention, if that's all your after.
AFVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVETTE View Post
I think the best way to make your point is to not buy a C7. Maybe a another car is more to your liking. That'll get their attention, if that's all your after.

At the end of the day, its all about sales. The first few years of sales figures will prove if they got it right or not.
R&L's C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
skank
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew24 View Post
This is really frustrating for me. It seems the only people that get to talk or ask questions to Tadge or Ed Welburn is " Matt Lauer", or "Jay Leno", or "Csaba Csere", or some other journalist. None of these people will ever ask the tough questions to these guys.

I'd love a chance to get a one on one with these guys. I'd be respectful, but I wouldn't mince words or bite my tongue. I've brought the coal to the feet of a few politicians before when no one else would.

* Hey guys, you've gotten 90% of the C7 correct, but little trim decisions have brought that opinion number down to about 60%. Surely you must know this?

* Gentlemen, with the intricate design of the tail lights put aside, the back end of the car is still incredibly busy! Overwhelming concensus is there's just too much crammed into such a small area. (Black-out paint, vents & more vents, oversized emblems, closely placed lettering, cuts and creases, ... gosh! Did the designers really not see this???

* Do you guys depend on focus groups a little too much perhaps? Do you really think this select group of invitees represent what the public really feels? Have you or would you be open to trying other non traditional means of gauging the public sentiment?
I think your percentages are way off. I'm one who thinks they are absolutely spot on with everything they have done. I also believe the designers know far more what needs to be done to get new people into the Corvette fold as well as some who had left. I for one bought a couple of Vettes in my youth than changed over to Ferrari's. I would come back now. I waffled on the C6 ZR1 as I really was impressed with the overall platform but when I saw the Jalopnik leak on Thanksgiving day of 2011 I knew that was it. I could see it when most were blind to it. I have a design background and it just amazes me what some of the naysayers are whining about. I truly think the C6 is a beautiful car and it certainly is a stud, but maybe some of you should wait to see it in person before you bring somebodies feet to the fire.
skank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
alanhang
CF Senior Member

Quote:

these are tough questions?
alanhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
alanhang
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhang View Post
these are tough questions?
the car is stunning in every way. Im buying one, as are a lot of other people who have seen it in the flesh. Your topics have been rehashed over and over by a small minority i believe, I also think the car is going to sell like it hasnt sold in years. I think a lot of people are going to say, damn it I want this car. I think its thats good. Yes color will make a difference here. But when I see the car beside the f12 berlinetta, and 599,and it looks like it belongs, then my question would be to myself, " what more could I want?"
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
JW@JWMotoring.com
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

jmotoring jwmotoring C5ish

I like what they did as well. They'll never build a car that everyone likes.
JW@JWMotoring.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
I think your percentages are way off. I'm one who thinks they are absolutely spot on with everything they have done. I also believe the designers know far more what needs to be done to get new people into the Corvette fold as well as some who had left. I for one bought a couple of Vettes in my youth than changed over to Ferrari's. I would come back now. I waffled on the C6 ZR1 as I really was impressed with the overall platform but when I saw the Jalopnik leak on Thanksgiving day of 2011 I knew that was it. I could see it when most were blind to it. I have a design background and it just amazes me what some of the naysayers are whining about. I truly think the C6 is a beautiful car and it certainly is a stud, but maybe some of you should wait to see it in person before you bring somebodies feet to the fire.
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member

Try contacting him directly by joining Linkedin in the below to set up a possible conversation with him.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tadge-ju...59b?_mSplash=1
CRABBYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep....buy Corvette Corral tickets for Sebring..drive down here for the race....we talk to Tadge every year along with Harlan Charles. Tom Wallace was there 2 years ago. Will Cooksey shows up every year as well even though he is retired he loves the race at Sebring.
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #12
Snorman
Deal with it.
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!

It's amazing how people seem to think that their own personal opinion is somehow fact, and it somehow carries more weight than those of the focus groups with whom GM worked when designing the C7.
If you don't like the car, don't buy it. I'm betting Corvette will see an increase in sales over the next few years as they attract buyers who previously would not have considered one.
S.
'14 Corvette, crystal red tintcoat, Z51...'14 991 911 Turbo, dark blue metallic...'13 GT-R, blue pearl Premium...'13 GT500, solid black...'03 Cobra, 3.4 Whipple, TH400...'91 LX, single turbo 'notch...'10 SHO, cinnamon red, Livernois tuned...
Snorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
BWF07
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

/jack.tipton.16

I cannot say he will be attending any of the Corvette Corrals this year, but he was at Sebring last year in to corral and was a speaker. At the end he took any and all question from those in the tent. So yes there is a chances. You may contact the NCM and see if they know who will be at the different corrals this year and also check to see what speakers they have lined up for the different events at the museum. Other then that, I don't think you have much of a chance of going one on one.

Now all those that don't want to hear anything negative, this is not meant to be, just a point that if you do ask him or any other design engineer, you may not get the 100% true answer. At Sebring last year (March 2012) during the question and answer session, someone asked if the C7 was going to have the Camaro tail lights. Tadge stood there and said "No it will not have Camaro tail lights". Now in my opinion he did not lie, as we all know they are not Camaro tail lights.

Last edited by BWF07; 02-07-2013 at 09:41 AM.
BWF07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
ATC399
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:

I WOULD SAY THAT IS COMPLETE hogwash RESPECTFULLY.....THEY NAILED IT
ATC399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #15
jschindler
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorman View Post
It's amazing how people seem to think that their own personal opinion is somehow fact, and it somehow carries more weight than those of the focus groups with whom GM worked when designing the C7.
If you don't like the car, don't buy it. I'm betting Corvette will see an increase in sales over the next few years as they attract buyers who previously would not have considered one.
S.
I agree. What the OP is talking about are highly subjective opinions that have nothing to do with the function of the car - he just doesn't like the looks of it. Until the car goes on sale and we see how it sells there is no right or wrong answer.

SOLD FEB 2012 - NO LONGER A CORVETTE OWNER, out riding my motorcycles

Previous Corvettes: 94 Coupe, 01 Coupe, 03 Vert, 05 Coupe, 05 Vert, 08 Coupe, 09 Z06
Current daily drivers: '12 BMW 550 M-Sport (Mine), 14 Lexus GS350(wifes)
Current toys:13 BMW K1600 GT, 12 Ducati Panigale, 11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
jschindler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
gorilla1969
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhang View Post
the car is stunning in every way. Im buying one, as are a lot of other people who have seen it in the flesh. Your topics have been rehashed over and over by a small minority i believe, I also think the car is going to sell like it hasnt sold in years. I think a lot of people are going to say, damn it I want this car. I think its thats good. Yes color will make a difference here. But when I see the car beside the f12 berlinetta, and 599,and it looks like it belongs, then my question would be to myself, " what more could I want?"

I made a special trip to Detroit to see the C7 in the flesh. I haven't seen a C7 picture yet that looks a good as the car does in person. It's a jaw-dropper. It wouldn't look out of place parked next to cars costing 2 or 3 times as much.
IMHO, many of the negative feelings about the C7s appearance will diminish as more and more people see the actual car on the street.
gorilla1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
alanhang
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla1969 View Post

I made a special trip to Detroit to see the C7 in the flesh. I haven't seen a C7 picture yet that looks a good as the car does in person. It's a jaw-dropper. It wouldn't look out of place parked next to cars costing 2 or 3 times as much.
IMHO, many of the negative feelings about the C7s appearance will diminish as more and more people see the actual car on the street.
yes, thats what I think also.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #18
Formula52
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Formula52

He will probally be at Corvette of Carlisle at the end of August. You can talk to him there....
Formula52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
jd_black_00
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12, '14
Support Corvetteforum!

PandM_C6R

Those are not "tough questions", they are personal styling gripes. Tadge would laugh at you
jd_black_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
I cannot say he will be attending any of the Corvette Corrals this year, but he was at Sebring last year in to corral and was a speaker. At the end he took any and all question from those in the tent. So yes there is a chances. You may contact the NCM and see if they know who will be at the different corrals this year and also check to see what speakers they have lined up for the different events at the museum. Other then that, I don't think you have much of a chance of going one on one.

Now all those that don't want to hear anything negative, this is not meant to be, just a point that if you do ask him or any other design engineer, you may not get the 100% true answer. At Sebring last year (March 2012) during the question and answer session, someone asked if the C7 was going to have the Camaro tail lights. Tadge stood there and said "No it will not have Camaro tail lights". Now in my opinion he did not lie, as we all know they are not Camaro tail lights.

well they made the last few so I suspect with the new car they will be out in force again......see ya in March
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???