Sponsored by:

Billion dollar baby...C7 and Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:36 AM
LS6GXP
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billion dollar baby...C7 and Corvette

Pretty impressive numbers. Imagine if they sell 34k the first year.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/28/w...n-dollar-baby/

Go Corvette
Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Good article
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6GXP
....... Imagine if they sell 34k the first year.................
JMHO but those production numbers ain't happening. BG will go slow with the initial production run in the first year as reason #1. My best guess is 20k is achieveable. All of this has been debated at great length already and it is still only my opinion before I get flamed.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Good aritcle, it's rather amazing to realize that the auto industry has matured to the point where owners now have the ability and choices to keep their Corvettes in excellant running conditon. There is virtually no reason why a Corvette can't be built to ever increasing power levels, handling ability, electronic upgrades, and styling ques. There are lot's of companys vying to build GM licensened products and parts to keep us happy.

That's a testiment to Corvette models.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by LS6GXP
Pretty impressive numbers. Imagine if they sell 34k the first year.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/28/w...n-dollar-baby/

Go Corvette
Sigh,,, Thats why its so important not to screw it up!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I think 34K units in the first year is maybe a little high. Yes there is a lot of enthusiasm right now, but some of it will drop off as the time goes by. The economy will also play a roll in the numbers. Of course that is a wait and see how it is later in the year.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
I think 34K units in the first year is maybe a little high. Yes there is a lot of enthusiasm right now, but some of it will drop off as the time goes by. The economy will also play a roll in the numbers. Of course that is a wait and see how it is later in the year.
That sales mark, I agree, may be a little optimistic. The key for GM right now, is to work overtime to make sure the production process is flawless from the start, and this car is good enough out of the gate to keep this enthusiasm going. This is a key product at a crucial time for GM. If the first cars come out with fit and finish issues, and manufacturing problems, might as well put a fork in them now, (GM as a whole).

But, if it gets rave reviews from the critics. The test drives reveal the hype was true, they will sell a bunch. Don't forget that this forum is just a small sample. There are probably alot of current Vette owners that have been holding of, waiting for this car. Which could be one factor in slow sales the last couple of years, wasn't this supposed to be a 2012 model? Also, if it delivers on it's promise of "...no matter what sports car you can afford, you would choose this Corvette", we may see many new buyers enter the fold. If...this car delivers at least what has been promised. I have a feeling it will.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 AM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sold $37k units of the C6 the first model year. The second best year of C6 sales.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM
LS6GXP
Racer

Originally Posted by GN1270
They sold $37k units of the C6 the first model year. The second best year of C6 sales.
The reason I posted this was to share how the Corvette brand is even more important than I ever thought. After reading this again I can see why there have been many discussions in making Corvette it's own brand...
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by GOLD72
JMHO but those production numbers ain't happening. BG will go slow with the initial production run in the first year as reason #1. My best guess is 20k is achieveable. All of this has been debated at great length already and it is still only my opinion before I get flamed.
I don't think it's just an unreasoned opinion at all. While many of us would like to think that the C7 is a huge hit, and sales rebound to the prior high levels of 35K units per year, I also don't really think that's going to happen. Now maybe they've solved so many production issues that it is physically possible. But that's not enough.

There is nothing worse than the dreaded "recall," for any reason. And neither GM nor Corvette could really withstand such a hit. So, go-slow seems more likely. jmo, no flames.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Don't have any idea what the sales numbers will be but I think they'll be better than most think.
Between present Corvette owners who already know they'll get one, people seeing the C7 in Dealers and on the road that then become hot to have one, and last but not least, New Buyers that are already interested and planning/waiting to see it and buy it.
IMO, regardless of what seems to be a lot of negative opinions we see on the Forum, there's a whole lot of people out there we don't even hear from that are totally interested in the C7 and like it a LOT
I for one already want one but when is the question
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 AM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe even in this economy that if they can build 45k units they will sell them all. The exterior and interior styling are a huge difference from the C6 and everyone seems to love the car. The C5 to C6 was a more subtle change where the C7 looks like an entirely new car because it is.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:17 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got the word that they will be shooting for at least 30k in the first year.

Get notified of new replies

To Billion dollar baby...C7 and Corvette

Quick Reply: Billion dollar baby...C7 and Corvette