NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by petermj
Last March or this upcoming March?
Forced march ................
Old 02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Repeating what Tadge commented in the Car and Driver Interview was that their front to rear is close to 48F to 52R. This is great news !! But also important is the weight distribution from side to side and opposite corner to opposite corner. Using a 4 pad performance scale to analyze how much weight is on each individuel corner is very critical. With the driver in place the car will not be balanced from side to side unless they locate weight on the passenger side to offset the driver weight. I'll bet the battery is in the right rear or passenger side rear and the heavier of the two rear coolers (Differential and Transmission) is also in the right rear. All in order to balance weight from side to side. The torque of the motor will actually transfer weight. Thats why some motors have reverse crankshaft rotation. I was at a Ferrari event at Laguna Seca two years ago and noticed that one F1 car while on their stands would torque to the right and another F1 car right next to it would torque to the left. One of the motors was built for a right turn dominate track and the other was built for a left turn dominate track. The torque of a motor will assist in initiating a turn, and we know how much torque these Corvette motors are producing(gobs and gobs of torque). Take a look at these scales.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,377 Likes on 2,068 Posts

C6 base weight distribution is 51/49 (no dry sump), Z06 is 50/50 (with dry sump and battery in the rear).

Has anyone seen a credible explanation regarding C7?
Since that credible information would have to come from GM, and not a independent 3rd party, until it is released; you will not believe it since GM has no credibility with you. Why do you bother to ask?

You should probably wait until after the car is released to independent 3rd parties before you ask anymore questions. Otherwise you will only be frustrated by the answers. Please stop posting; I am only asking as I am concerned for your health. Stress is bad for for ones health.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:57 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
Since that credible information would have to come from GM, and not a independent 3rd party, until it is released; you will not believe it since GM has no credibility with you. Why do you bother to ask?

You should probably wait until after the car is released to independent 3rd parties before you ask anymore questions. Otherwise you will only be frustrated by the answers. Please stop posting; I am only asking as I am concerned for your health. Stress is bad for for ones health.
Independent verification is just it. I would like to see GM back up their statement, with specifics under which this weight distribution claim applies and what conditions may change it. Apparently you and few others have a problem with people interested in seeing what lies behind the numbers? I would hate to think that the real strength in numbers as GM continues to say amounts to nothing more than gollubility of the potential buyers. Now, unless you have something of value to add, move on.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,377 Likes on 2,068 Posts

Independent verification is just it. I would like to see GM back up their statement, with specifics under which this weight distribution claim applies and what conditions may change it. Apparently you and few others have a problem with people interested in seeing what lies behind the numbers? I would hate to think that the real strength in numbers as GM continues to say amounts to nothing more than gollubility of the potential buyers. Now, unless you have something of value to add, move on.
If you don't belive their general statements, you won't belive their specific statements. They are not going to release that information until they release the car.

They have already told us how they are going achieve the weight distribution change, they have lengthed the wheelbase and have moved the engine back relative to the front axle line. The battery will be in the rear.

What specific information are looking for? You haven't stated that. Do you want corner weights? Do want you the weight of individual components and their position relative to the centerpoint of the footprint? What EXACTLY can GM provide that will satisfy you? Please be clear, concise, and quantitative.

I am adding something to the thread, I am seeking clarity, where you have not provided sufficient clarity.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:43 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Racer X is right. Tadge has already told us that its going to be close to 48F and 52R and the side to side and opposite corner to opposite corner is going to be optimized. You can even see it in the engine compartment. Heavier components on the passenger side to offset driver weight.

Last edited by skank; 02-15-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

"Honey, I'm not saying you don't look beautiful just the way you are, but you're throwing off the weight balance of the car."
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer X
If you don't belive their general statements, you won't belive their specific statements. They are not going to release that information until they release the car.

They have already told us how they are going achieve the weight distribution change, they have lengthed the wheelbase and have moved the engine back relative to the front axle line. The battery will be in the rear.

What specific information are looking for? You haven't stated that. Do you want corner weights? Do want you the weight of individual components and their position relative to the centerpoint of the footprint? What EXACTLY can GM provide that will satisfy you? Please be clear, concise, and quantitative.

I am adding something to the thread, I am seeking clarity, where you have not provided sufficient clarity.
Well no, you added absolutely nothing of value unless hostility toward other corvette owners can be considered as such. Get your crystal ball out and show the differences between variants of C7 using auto and manual tranny and then with and without sump. Then point me to the the info regarding battery in the rear of the car, or did Tadge gave you another assurance? I am really getting tired of assumptions and assurances being passed as facts.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by skank
Hopefully GM can afford to get one or two of these?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Hopefully GM can afford to get one or two of these?
You can bet your bottom dollar they have them. They know right where to locate everything. On any real serious sportscar these manufacturers know which side to locate their ancillary parts. You would think that a company like GM might have a test analysis bed like this. Though they may be able to calculate off their cad cam software??????

http://www.racer.com/video-indycar-t...rticle/262201/
Old 02-15-2013, 05:51 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

You can bet your bottom dollar they have them. They know right where to locate everything. On any real serious sportscar these manufacturers know which side to locate their ancillary parts. You would think that a company like GM might have a test analysis bed like this. Though they may be able to calculate off their cad cam software??????

http://www.racer.com/video-indycar-t...rticle/262201/
Are we talking about the same GM that never bothered to correct the leaking oil pan gasket and the same one that forced me to replace axle nuts on both of my 09's? Never underestimate auto manufacturers
Old 02-15-2013, 05:58 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Are we talking about the same GM that never bothered to correct the leaking oil pan gasket and the same one that forced me to replace axle nuts on both of my 09's? Never underestimate auto manufacturers
Under two weeks old and the dealer had to replace the axle nuts on my 09 Z06. No way they came loose after the car let the factory, with under 500 miles. They were not properly installed at the factory. Another GM fail.

Selling dealer did the repair and they have stayed tight for an additional 24,000 miles.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How is it possible to claim 50/50 weight distribution without knowing the final weight of the vehicle? Now, I see the hp/tq have ESTIMATED attached to it but no such case with the weight distribution. Surely there will be a difference between sum and no sump and manual vs. auto and different wheel and tire combos.
I am sure they know everything, they just anren't saying yet
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 PM
BucketList
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really cant wait to see what "Nits" are going to be picked next. It is not all that long until these things hit the streets. Let the GM guys work, they will give us what they can when they can.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by BucketList
I really cant wait to see what "Nits" are going to be picked next. It is not all that long until these things hit the streets. Let the GM guys work, they will give us what they can when they can.
Heh ........... I think the big issue here is cabin fever.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Racer X is right. Tadge has already told us that its going to be close to 48F and 52R and the side to side and opposite corner to opposite corner is going to be optimized. You can even see it in the engine compartment. Heavier components on the passenger side to offset driver weight.
Tadge is saying what he has to say to keep the hype going. I mentioned weeks ago that they are doing an agressive analysis to reduce weight on the car. This has been reported on by others as well. You won't see anything on car weight until closer to production.

Get notified of new replies

To GM C7 specs

Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Under two weeks old and the dealer had to replace the axle nuts on my 09 Z06. No way they came loose after the car let the factory, with under 500 miles. They were not properly installed at the factory. Another GM fail.

Selling dealer did the repair and they have stayed tight for an additional 24,000 miles.
Not sure about you but I have been skeptical about any claims GM makes ever since listening to GM how much improvement they made from LS2 to LS3 cars. I say this after ditching my 07 and replacing it with 09 as a daily driver (I am excluding my 09 that I had at the same time). Ever since, I stopped falling for any claims GM makes regarding improvements and refinement unless there is an actual proof. Seems like quite a few others have a different perspective and GM marketing claims work like a charm on them.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Heh ........... I think the big issue here is cabin fever.
Not at all, this is based on pretty recent claims GM was making and the real life comparisson. For people like me, GM has to actually deliver on their promises and unsubstantiated claims. For me to make a change, there has to be a real reaon, nut just hype. I hate to repeat the same mistakes.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Well simply take the last 2 gen's WD and apply it to the C7, simple, I'm pretty sure they're not going to deviate from that.

Quick Reply: GM C7 specs