GM C7 specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLinNY
I am sure they know everything, they just anren't saying yet
Seems like they do know. Maybe they are not releasing the actual data because real life refuses to validate the claims and time is running out to deliver on them? If the real weight distribution is slightly rear biased, this is a good thing, not sure why this is not included in GM official release...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
Not sure about you but I have been skeptical about any claims GM makes ever since listening to GM how much improvement they made from LS2 to LS3 cars. I say this after ditching my 07 and replacing it with 09 as a daily driver (I am excluding my 09 that I had at the same time). Ever since, I stopped falling for any claims GM makes regarding improvements and refinement unless there is an actual proof. Seems like quite a few others have a different perspective and GM marketing claims work like a charm on them.
They have a few months to wrestle some specifications. If they can't meet some of the "estimated" numbers they have put forth you can look for a softening of claims by their marketing machine.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
They have a few months to wrestle some specifications. If they can't meet some of the "estimated" numbers they have put forth you can look for a softening of claims by their marketing machine.
Yes, agreed. If chief engineer quoted 48/52 and official release states 50/50 this may be an indicator that their activities involve parts of the car that add weight, not to mention any numbers involving the total weight of the car.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe they like making you wait...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Well no, you added absolutely nothing of value unless hostility toward other corvette owners can be considered as such. Get your crystal ball out and show the differences between variants of C7 using auto and manual tranny and then with and without sump. Then point me to the the info regarding battery in the rear of the car, or did Tadge gave you another assurance? I am really getting tired of assumptions and assurances being passed as facts.
OK, since you believe nothing GM claims, I won't bring something GM has claimed about the battery placement. Have you even read threads on the releases on the car? The supporting documents they have released. Have looked at any of the pictures that people other than GM have released? Have you looked at the pictures of the engine compartment? There are pictures of the engine compartment with and without the dry sump. Tell me genius, where is the battery in those pictures? Surely a great engineer as yourself can identify the components under the hood. Or do you need someone to point out the engine to you?

So if it's not under the hood, and they have previously place it in the rear on the Z06, I wonder where they put it. The rest of us have figured it out before GM claimed where it is.

Here are some pictures. If this isn't enough for you, do your own research.

And still you have provided no specifics about exactly the information that will satisfy you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...he-rear-3.html

Please point to something positive you have added to any thread in the C7 section.

Last edited by Racer X; 02-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer X
OK, since you believe nothing GM claims, I won't bring something GM has claimed about the battery placement. Have you even read threads on the releases on the car? The supporting documents they have released. Have looked at any of the pictures that people other than GM have released? Have you looked at the pictures of the engine compartment? There are pictures of the engine compartment with and without the dry sump. Tell me genius, where is the battery in those pictures? Surely a great engineer as yourself can identify the components under the hood. Or do you need someone to point out the engine to you?

So if it's not under the hood, and they have previously place it in the rear on the Z06, I wonder where they put it. The rest of us have figured it out before GM claimed where it is.

Here are some pictures. If this isn't enough for you, do your own research.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...he-rear-3.html

Please point to something positive you have added to any thread in the C7 section.
Is this a joke? Are you saying the battery is located behind the driver? Is this a RHD car? Maybe the car runs off Energizer AAA cell? Anyone of you understand this would be a truly dumb location for a battery? It is not too late for you and others to at least try to understand what you are looikiing at
Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Is this a joke? Are you saying the battery is located behind the driver? Is this a RHD car? Maybe the car runs off Energizer AAA cell? Anyone of you understand this would be a truly dumb location for a battery? It is not too late for you and others to at least try to understand what you are looikiing at
It is in the same place as the C6 Z06, the rear of the passenger side of the cargo area.

Are you really that dense?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

GM says it's a 6.2 V8...where is the independent vertification? Looks like the long rumored 5.5 to me. More marketing BS!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer X
It is in the same place as the C6 Z06, the rear of the passenger side of the cargo area.

Are you really that dense?
Then peel the carpet off unless you expect me to have xray vision. I enjoyed looking at the pic of the hatch carpeting immensly. Assuming the battery is indeed in the rear, is this only for sump equipped cars to offset the weight increase upfront or for all of them? Get your crystal ball out and spread a few more prophecies again. With mouthpieces like you, GM may save money on their PR expenses.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Then peel the carpet off unless you expect me to have xray vision. I enjoyed looking at the pic of the hatch carpeting immensly. Assuming the battery is indeed in the rear, is this only for sump equipped cars to offset the weight increase upfront or for all of them? Get your crystal ball out and spread a few more prophecies again. With mouthpieces like you, GM may save money on their PR expenses.
I heard in an interview from Harlan Charles that the battery will be in the rear compartment for all C7's. Dry sump or not. Weight distibution I suppose.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlueOx
GM says it's a 6.2 V8...where is the independent vertification? Looks like the long rumored 5.5 to me. More marketing BS!
Rumors work only among people like you, others prefer FACTS. Seems like you and others are afraid they will be getting less of a car than promised when the actual facts are provided? No other explanation why you would be spending your time attacking others?

fact (fkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences
2. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed
3. A real occurrence
Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Supersonic GS
I heard in an interview from Harlan Charles that the battery will be in the rear compartment for all C7's. Dry sump or not. Weight distibution I suppose.
And yet somehow the weight distribution will be always 50/50? This is pretty interesting... I can only go by the info GM publishes.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Rumors work only among people like you, others prefer FACTS. Seems like you and others are afraid they will be getting less of a car than promised when the actual facts are provided? No other explanation why you would be spending your time attacking others?

fact (fkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences
2. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed
3. A real occurrence
What's the problem? It's exactly as much GM BS as you are yammering about with the frame. You don't have anything more 'independently' verified about that engine than you do the frame.

I'm not afraid of anything related to the C7 but you sure seem to be. If it isn't what I want, I won't buy one.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:47 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

What's the problem? It's exactly as much GM BS as you are yammering about with the frame. You don't have anything more 'independently' verified about that engine than you do the frame.

I'm not afraid of anything related to the C7 but you sure seem to be. If it isn't what I want, I won't buy one.
The problem is that after my experience from switching between LS2 and LS3, I want to see a PROOF instead of assurances and innuendos. Hope you can understand this part. If GM does not want to do the leg work to convince me, I'll look somewhere else, unlike the enthusiastic mob you seem to represent so well.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any independent sources claiming that the engine is actually a V8, or really that there is an engine in there at all. Just looks like a plastic cover to me. Is there REALLY anything under it? And then this claim about four wheels, am I really expected to believe this without scientific documantation?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any independent sources claiming that the engine is actually a V8, or really that there is an engine in there at all. Just looks like a plastic cover to me. Is there REALLY anything under it? And then this claim about four wheels, am I really expected to believe this without scientific documantation?
No brains required to be a clown
Old 02-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

For all we know there's a Northstar under the hood!

Get notified of new replies

To GM C7 specs

Old 02-16-2013, 02:12 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

The problem is that after my experience from switching between LS2 and LS3, I want to see a PROOF instead of assurances and innuendos. Hope you can understand this part. If GM does not want to do the leg work to convince me, I'll look somewhere else, unlike the enthusiastic mob you seem to represent so well.
You have said numerous times you don't believe GM's BS. Who is going to be your independent verifier for everything?

Sure, I am enthusiastic about the C7, that's why I'm on a C7 Forum. I was and still am enthusiastic about my C6 and some other generations. I generally believe what I hear from team Corvette, having met a number of them over the years. I'm not a fan of folks who call them liars without a darn good reason to.

As an '05 LS2 owner, I never thought much about the LS3 as it really wasn't enough of a change to get excited about in my mind.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Jinx
"Honey, I'm not saying you don't look beautiful just the way you are, but you're throwing off the weight balance of the car."
"Are you saying I'm fat?"
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Maybe they like making you wait...
'Cause they know it wigs out the boo birds .......

Quick Reply: GM C7 specs