Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default More 2014 Corvette Information-Note Allocations

Today, at the Geneva Motor Show, Chevrolet unveiled the convertible version of the all- new 2014 Corvette Stingray. Chevrolet also confirmed the Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible models will be offered in Europe, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Japan and Russia starting late 2013. The Corvette Stingray models for these regions will be left-hand-drive with changes to accommodate the respective markets’ regulations, such as lighting, headlamp washers, and outside mirrors.

As for the U.S. market, the 2014 Corvette Stingray convertible model will start production a few months after the coupe, and is currently expected in showrooms by the end of the fourth quarter 2013. All of the performance technology and capabilities introduced on the Corvette Stingray coupe carry over to the convertible. The structural changes are limited to those necessary to accommodate the folding top and repositioned safety belt mounts. Central to the Corvette Stingray’s driving experience is an all-new, more rigid aluminum frame structure, which is 57 percent stiffer and 99 pounds (45 kg) lighter than the current steel frame.

All models are powered by the all-new Corvette LT1 6.2L V-8 engine. As no chassis reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models will share almost identical power-to-weight ratios.

Attached for your reference is an updated 2014 Corvette Stingray Salesperson Reference Guide with further information on the convertible model. GMLaunch.com has also been updated with a set of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.

On Monday, March 18, 2013, those dealers we anticipate will earn 2014 Corvette Stingray initial allocation will receive a letter outlining the applicable training and special tool requirements. These dealers will also be able to review the estimated production guide number for the initial production period of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible. Please remember when you review the estimated production guide number; the number is based on Chevrolet’s estimated production schedule, which remains subject to change. Many factors will affect the actual production quantities, including but not limited to product and part constraints, government requirements and evolving marketplace conditions. Therefore, this estimate is not a volume commitment. Chevrolet reserves the right to change the Corvette Stingray distribution plan or the timing for implementation of that plan from time to time at its sole business discretion.

Dealers who do not earn a 2014 Corvette Stingray during the initial allocation period will have the opportunity to agree to the training and special tools requirements approximately six to nine months from now depending on production startup. These dealers will see an estimated guide number at that time, and will be able to submit orders only after agreeing to the applicable special tools and training requirements. Further information will be shared with these dealers sometime after start of regular production of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe model.

Production of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe is scheduled to start late summer and units should begin to arrive in dealerships in early fall 2013. We are all excited to see the new roads our customers will find with the all-new Corvette Stingray.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:58 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great post...thanks Ken!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Just because a dealer agrees to training and tools does not mean they should be allowed to sell these cars. This is part of the problem GM has. They should be qualifying dealers based on their customer satisfaction scores. I am afraid many mediocre dealers will be able to sell this car and still not be able to service it properly.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ken
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Excellent info Ken! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Excellent info as always, Ken. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Just because a dealer agrees to training and tools does not mean they should be allowed to sell these cars. This is part of the problem GM has. They should be qualifying dealers based on their customer satisfaction scores. I am afraid many mediocre dealers will be able to sell this car and still not be able to service it properly.

unfortunately, that's nothing new...
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the satisfaction scores are the only way to go, but I would like GM to have their own GM trained engineers embedded in each Dealership to help with repairing their high end models. Have the Dealership agree to on- board a GM authorized and trained engineer, if they want allocation.

It would be the equivalent of a regional engineer stationed at the local dealership level. Rather than certified corvette techs guessing about the car and calling up GM to help remotely diagnose an issue.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Excellent info as always, Ken. Thank you.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Not out till after the main driving season for them? Wow.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Won't see them on the road until spring 2014 up here in the northeast, that sucks.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

I will be working with two MN dealers, purchased two C6's from the first, and my current 2010 C6 GS from the second.
Hopefully, between the two of them, will have a C7 vert by April 2014.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
jwstegbauer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harry2
I will be working with two MN dealers, purchased two C6's from the first, and my current 2010 C6 GS from the second.
Hopefully, between the two of them, will have a C7 vert by April 2014.

Harry, I am in MN, if your two MN dealers do not have a C7 in by this fall, you could always contact Erik Kramer (Sales Manager) at Stillwater Motors to see if they have one at the dealership.

Stillwater Motors is the sponsor and meeting place for ST. Croix Valley Corvette Club of MN, and the club is looking forward to seeing the C7 in person at one of the fall membership meetings.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Not out till after the main driving season for them? Wow.
Sounds like a great excuse to move to warmer part of the country.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad this is not true with gm. If had trained mechanics rather
than high school dropout numbskull's. My C6 might have been
fixed properly years ago. Instead these idiots made it worst
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
Too bad this is not true with GM. If they had trained mechanics rather than high school dropout numbskulls, my C6 might have been fixed properly years ago. Instead these idiots made it worse.
Fixed it for ya... As a note, these fancy internet pages automatically wrap text. There's no need to hit enter at the end of each line, and no need to triple space after each period. Just out of curiosity, did you finish High School? I have to apologize at this friendly jab because my writing certainly isn't perfect, but truly bad writing about incompetent numbskulls shouldn't make my grammar look so good...

Unfortunately, there is no efficient way of making sure any dealership has competent troubleshooters. The satisfaction surveys I've received don't get specific about the technician, but cover the entire experience and focus on the service writer. We just get stuck finding a good warranty technician using good old-fashioned research.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Thanks Ken !!!

I always appreciate your comments; as it's more likely to be accurate (than other dealer people posting in here - solely repeating what the owner/General Manager has told them... which may not be 100% correct).

Get notified of new replies

To More 2014 Corvette Information-Note Allocations

Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
Thanks Ken !!!

I always appreciate your comments; as it's more likely to be accurate (than other dealer people posting in here - solely repeating what the owner/General Manager has told them... which may not be 100% correct).
Ken never posts hearsay!!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I find it humorous that people want Corvettes to only be sold by dealers who are qualified to work on your car. That implies to me that its okay to buy an Impala from a dealer with untrained or in some way sub-standard service personnel.

You have to remember that many Corvette buyers are through no fault of their own are not going to live close to a qualified dealer. GM needs to require that ALL Chevy dealers are qualified to work on all Chevy cars.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Thanks for the information.

Quick Reply: More 2014 Corvette Information-Note Allocations