Sponsored by:

Interior Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Voldi
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Options

As I understand it, the 2LT option gives the center console and door panels in the interior seat color, (I plan on choosing adrenaline red) my question is what option also gives the dash in the seat color like that seen in the detroit auto show torch red car? Is this only available on the 3LT?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Yes, 3LT only.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by voldi
as i understand it, the 2lt option gives the center console and door panels in the interior seat color, (i plan on choosing adrenaline red) my question is what option also gives the dash in the seat color like that seen in the detroit auto show torch red car? Is this only available on the 3lt?
3lt
Old 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Voldi
As I understand it, the 2LT option gives the center console and door panels in the interior seat color, (I plan on choosing adrenaline red) my question is what option also gives the dash in the seat color like that seen in the detroit auto show torch red car? Is this only available on the 3LT?
2LT only give the door arm rests and the center console as seen in my previous post. 3LT does more of the door and part of the dash. Brownstone and Kalahari cover even more areas.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
2LT only give the door arm rests and the center console as seen in my previous post. 3LT does more of the door and part of the dash. Brownstone and Kalahari cover even more areas.
Brownstone is only 3LT I believe.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Brownstone is only 3LT I believe.
Correct. Brownstone is only available on 3LT, but it does cover more than other colors do (except Kalahari) in their respective 3LT configurations. Notice the additional areas covered in this photo:

Old 06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I wish the red seats were available in a black/red two tone combination. I'm getting red seats but worry it will be "too much" red?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I wish the red seats were available in a black/red two tone combination. I'm getting red seats but worry it will be "too much" red?
If you spend the extra $$ for competition seats there is a bit less red due to the black CF upper trim and the gloss black shell of the seatbacks.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Correct. Brownstone is only available on 3LT, but it does cover more than other colors do (except Kalahari) in their respective 3LT configurations. Notice the additional areas covered in this photo:

Really? Kalahari covers where more then Brownstone? Seriously not a smart A$$ response. That is not what I thought. I have only seen Brownstone not 3LT Kalahari. Where would you see more cover?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Really? Kalahari covers where more then Brownstone? Seriously not a smart A$$ response. That is not what I thought. I have only seen Brownstone not 3LT Kalahari. Where would you see more cover?
It doesn't cover more, it covers the same amount. However, Brownstone is unique in that it includes suede on the doors, dash, and console.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by -CM-
It doesn't cover more, it covers the same amount. However, Brownstone is unique in that it includes suede on the doors, dash, and console.

I disagree. Brownstone (and Kalahari) cover more surfaces with the color in 3LT that the other colors. Look closely at the Brownstone and then compare that to the Red from the Sales Guide. There is more color on the door and on the dash.

One of the forum dealers confirmed this to be true in a thread some time ago.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks. That has been my observation. I have been going back and forth on the two of them. I am leaning towards Brownstone in a CRM Stingray. I think it would be very classy looking.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Final answer: Brownstone and Kalahari cover MORE than the other colors. Compare the 3LT Gray against the 3LT Brownstone:
Attached Images    
Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Brownstone comes with the suede??? When I placed my order for brownstone I was also asked if I wanted the suede as an option, which I didn't but after seeing these pics I hope you're correct...WOW is that beautiful or what??!!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill B 1
Brownstone comes with the suede??? When I placed my order for brownstone I was also asked if I wanted the suede as an option, which I didn't but after seeing these pics I hope you're correct...WOW is that beautiful or what??!!
There are two suede options with Brownstone. The first is the suede cushions and the second is the upper interior wrap. When you order Brownstone you get suede on door panels, console, and part of the dash standard. I think even without the two additional options you will be wrapped in luxury..sweet.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Final answer: Brownstone and Kalahari cover MORE than the other colors. Compare the 3LT Gray against the 3LT Brownstone:
No one was arguing that point. The question was between Kalahari and Brownstone. We all agree they cover more then the other colors. The question was between the two which covered more. Good pictures to show differences. What I would like to see is 3LT Kalahari . Has anyone seen good pictures of that? Maybe in a convertible.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, Bill. I misread you post. I could have worded my initial post better. I did not mean to imply that Brownstone covered more than Kalahari, but rhater that both covered more than the other colors.

Sorry, I misunderstood your response. I thought you were responding that Brownstone did not cover more than Red or Gray.

No one was arguing that point. The question was between Kalahari and Brownstone. We all agree they cover more then the other colors. The question was between the two which covered more. Good pictures to show differences. What I would like to see is 3LT Kalahari . Has anyone seen good pictures of that? Maybe in a convertible.
Again, my apologies. See above.

This is a rendering that is supposedly Kalahari. Color is off, but it shows the color coverage.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Options

Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry, I misunderstood your response. I thought you were responding that Brownstone did not cover more than Red or Gray.

No problem.

I ordered Brownstone, and I went all through this with my dealer, who had to get clarification from GM. I am amazed at how lacking the documentation is for the interior differences. I wonder when they will come out with a definitive order guide/brochure.

But I can't wait to be sitting in my Brownstone interior!

Last edited by -CM-; 06-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

No problem.

I ordered Brownstone, and I went all through this with my dealer, who had to get clarification from GM. I am amazed at how laking the documentation is for the interior differences. I wonder when they will come out with a definitive order guide/brochure.

But I can't wait to be sitting in my Brownstone interior!
I've ordered Brownstone too.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Promind
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Detailed answer

So, the official answer is that you get more brownstone color on the 3LT Brownstone than you get Kalahari color on the 3LT Kalahari. I had this specific discussion with Ryan Vaughn, interior design manager. 3LT Kalahari is what they call a "dipped" interior, and the 3LT brownstone is what they call a "full dipped" interior. The main differences are the lowest portions of the brownstone are brown (lower door speaker grille/map pocket piece, and the brown color carpet). On the Kalahari you get black in these areas. On both the brownstone and Kalahari you get the same stitching contrast color, which is Mohave. (If you watch the interior design presentation @bash, I was the guy who asked about the C&D variations of the 3LT Kalahari vert. Ryan told me afterwards that C&D published the vert pics from a prototype vert that wasn't totally finished, which is why they got the upper door panels wrong. May C&D).

Quick Reply: Interior Options