Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing testing 123

Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Testing testing 123

Okay what do you say we all give this a try!

THIS THREAD IS TO DISCUSS ALL OF OUR LIKES AND DISLIKES REGARDING THE C7!!

IF YOU CANNOT RESPOND W/OUT BEING SLANDEROUS/SARCASTIC/NASTY/BELLIGERENT OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS UNHELPFUL THEN PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD! NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO RESPOND, THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED TO DISCUSS AND COMPARE OPINIONS OF WHAT IS A VERY IMPORTANT AND SENSITIVE SUBJECT TO SOME!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T ABIDE BY THE VERY SIMPLE REQUESTS I'VE IMPLEMENTED WILL SIMPLY BE LABELED A USELESS MEMBER OF THIS FORUM WITH THE HOPE THAT ANYONE AND EVERYONE WILL IGNORE YOU GOING FORWARD!

I will start it off with my favorite and least favorite aspect of the car!

The thing I like most about the car (of course w/out having sat in or driven it) would have to be the front end. The overall appearance of the nose is very unique IMO, it is a combination of having it's own identity, function and style. If there is any one thing I dislike about the nose is the "teeth" protruding from the lower bumper, I would have liked it to flow in this area but not a deal breaker.

The thing I like least about the car as I've mentioned before is that the car has just become too sharp and angular in too many places. I am not saying that it should have the same lines as the C6 but IMO they kind of went overkill with all of the angels and creases, I would have liked the overall body more if it was "toned" down somewhat!

Anyone is welcome to DISCUSS or DEBATE my comments or add your own, over time hopefully all of our likes and dislikes can be expressed and discussed in an amicable fashion! BD
Old 04-22-2013, 09:35 AM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Can't say until I see it in person. So many times I have taken pictures of my Z from various angles that looked blah. Other pics have looked great, but not always. Then I see it in person and I am like "Wow!" I need to really see it before I can know.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I like everything about it. With that said I have to add:

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I like everything about it. With that said I have to add:

Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

12 minutes. It may be a record for someone to post the first useless thread that violated the OP's stated requests for the thread. And yes, just like my post, but I'm trying to point out what ISN'T wanted.

Good luck to the OP.

Last edited by johnodrake; 04-22-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
12 minutes. It may be a record for someone to post the first useless thread that violated the OP's stated requests for the thread. And yes, just like my post, but I'm trying to point out what ISN'T wanted.

Good luck to the OP.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Three out of four so far aren't moving on to the next grade and another deleted his post, thank you for pointing it out. Maybe now the thread can go the direction it was intended!

Amazing how adults cannot follow simple instructions or requests!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

- aluminum frame
- front end and headlights
- interior

Dislikes:

- rear end too busy
- black vents and rear diffuser

Unanswered questions:

- weight
- final HP and TQ ratings

Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I think this thread could have some good potential. Instead of giving the C7 a pass/fail, rather point out the likes and dislikes.

For me, what's good;

The front end is striking, and the headlights. Can't wait to see these at night.

The lines of the car are more sleek and aggressive. I really like how they incorporated a few sharp edges in with the signature curves.

The rear end is nice, I like that they broke it up a little, and really those lights are a unique demonstration of LED tech. I think at night, many will "see the light" so to speak.

The chassis development, the varying thickness aluminum frame is genius. I feel this car is going to be very sturdy and handle corners like no Vette has before. This is the real step forward in this car.

The LT1 with DI may save the V8 in Corvette. If it is as efficient and reliable as claimed, these next few years might be fun to watch in the SBC world.

The interior is a return to making the Vette a drivers car. More of a cockpit than a cabin. The fact that they are incorporating real materials and not just plastic 'look alikes' says alot.

Seven speed manual, it just sounds cool.

Dislikes;

Vents, I like they are there, but would've liked to seen them molded into the body panels, not just attached trim pieces. However, being that they are, they should offer them in body color for those that don't like carbon flash contrast. Same for the rear diffuser.

I don't particularly care for the rear quarter windows. Though I guess these are required for visibility, I would just as soon it be a body panel.

I don't like the fact that I can't afford one right now.

Anyway, they can't make everybody happy. But it seems that there is much to like about this car. As well as some personal preferences not to like. Overall, I think it's good design. I see alot of the things from the concept on this one I liked.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM
hot4u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the car in person at the New York Auto show and really as many have stated the pictures do not do it justice. you really have to see the car live. To me the lines in person are not as sharp and the rear end looks fine to me. Of the three generations I've own c4,c5.and my current 2008 c6 the c7 body style looks the best in my opinion
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Dislikes:
I would have went with 300 series rubber out back..... but I can always do that later so no biggie

Suggestion: You should have waited for more info to come out....like when they announce it's cheaper and faster than an obsolete C6 427
Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ tux, straight and to the point...WELL DONE!
@ lt4, nice descriptive write up, very detailed! EXCELLENT
@ hot4u, good input from a true multi gen owner...GOOD JOB!
@ Hemi, agree about the rubber. Wanted to try and converse about this car and not argue, my hope is we can do that! And your humor is welcome, although I still got $100 on my 427!! high five...lol

Good job guys, let's keep it going! Feel free to express your disgust on anyone who tries to train wreck the thread!!

Last edited by Big Dan 427; 04-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
billythekid310
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
- aluminum frame
- front end and headlights
- interior

Dislikes:

- rear end too busy
- black vents and rear diffuser

Unanswered questions:

- weight
- final HP and TQ ratings

I like the black vents but hopefully somebody comes out with CF versions to replace the stock, that goes for the diffuser as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Too much black.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I like the technology advancements, particularly the driver modes.

The cockpit is definitely a major enticement for me to buy.

The exterior styling, including the vents and the rear end are great.

Lime Rock Green!

I am hoping that what I like best will be the price, but that's not known yet.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Likes: the fact that gm has created a new benchmark of performance for the dollar

Dislikes: everyones bitching when they dont even know the facts
Old 04-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 592 Likes on 219 Posts

Ok, I'll play.

As most of you already know, I REALLY love the C7. I've seen the car in person and taken several photos of it too. There is nothing that I do not like from what I can see. I love all angles, especially the controversial rear end. If I were to pick something I dont care for, its the lack of wheel assortment. But that can be cured at any point in the aftermarket.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

- Still long, low, and wide
- Targa top, hatchback
- Taillights are fresh and dramatic but clearly Corvette
- Active Fuel Management, direct injection, cam phasing
- Taller top gear
- Power seatback adjustment, finally

Dislikes:
- Same old brick butt dressed up with busy lines and dark paint
- Dark-painted vents look cheap and tacky
- Can't even fix it with color choice, because these parts aren't black
- Tacked-on rear spoiler is retro in a bad way
- These add up to racecar looks -- racecars are ugly, Corvette should be a beautiful sports car
- Half-measure carbon fiber roof look -- black A-pillars, painted top stripes, painted halo bar, there's no choice that isn't awkward
- Interior design isolates the passenger, like they're not wanted
- Paddles on the manual wheel -- put a button on the dash for the rev-matching I don't want, paddles suck
- Half-measure IP -- giant physical fuel & temp guages are a poor use of space
- Center console plastic looks cheap; classic GM quit-early move

Pending experience:
- Road noise
- Seat comfort and lateral support

GM, please explain:
- Why it isn't lighter -- be specific, don't leave us to guess and grumble about whose fault it is (it's luxury! no, convertible! no, ZR1! no, gadgets! no, safety mandates! no, bean-counters! no, unknown amounts of all these things!)

BTW, folks, these are my opinions. Feel free to hold different ones, but don't waste a single keypress trying to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not wrong about the way C7 strikes me. Notice I'm not warning of Corvette's demise or even saying they made a mistake here. Don't bother telling me I need to get over anything, either, because (a) I don't, and (b) I'm not saying I won't ever own one.

.Jinx
Yes, I have seen it in person

Last edited by Jinx; 04-22-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Testing testing 123

Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When I seen the car at the NY show it confirmed my thoughts. The car is too busy and too edgy and chiseld. It just doesn't flow and have the stance of the wide body C6. The door panels look no different than the C6 other than being wrapped in suede or leather I really cant tell what it is. I'm a big fan of the big staggered wheel set up like the wide body uses which is missing in the C7. I think the car is very modern looking whether thats good or bad I don't know. We don't know anything yet how the car performs so no comments there yet. It's going to be interesting when all the data comes out then we all could discuss this car rationally.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
- Still long, low, and wide
- Targa top, hatchback
- Taillights are fresh and dramatic but clearly Corvette
- Active Fuel Management, direct injection, cam phasing
- Taller top gear
- Power seatback adjustment, finally

Dislikes:
- Same old brick butt dressed up with busy lines and dark paint
- Dark-painted vents look cheap and tacky
- Can't even fix it with color choice, because these parts aren't black
- Tacked-on rear spoiler is retro in a bad way
- These add up to racecar looks -- racecars are ugly, Corvette should be a beautiful sports car
- Half-measure carbon fiber roof look -- black A-pillars, painted top stripes, painted halo bar, there's no choice that isn't awkward
- Interior design isolates the passenger, like they're not wanted
- Paddles on the manual wheel -- put a button on the dash for the rev-matching I don't want, paddles suck
- Half-measure IP -- giant physical fuel & temp guages are a poor use of space
- Center console plastic looks cheap; classic GM quit-early move

Pending experience:
- Road noise
- Seat comfort and lateral support

GM, please explain:
- Why it isn't lighter -- be specific, don't leave us to guess and grumble about whose fault it is (it's luxury! no, convertible! no, ZR1! no, gadgets! no, safety mandates! no, bean-counters! no, unknown amounts of all these things!)

BTW, folks, these are my opinions. Feel free to hold different ones, but don't waste a single keypress trying to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not wrong about the way C7 strikes me. Notice I'm not warning of Corvette's demise or even saying they made a mistake here. Don't bother telling me I need to get over anything, either, because (a) I don't, and (b) I'm not saying I won't ever own one.

.Jinx
Yes, I have seen it in person
Can I waste a keystroke saying I agree with you 100%? You said it better and more expansively than I did.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ CM, congrats on your order! LR Green is going to be very cool...
@ RC000, I think it's fair to say they already far exceeded the bang for the buck with the ZL1 and Z28, but that's off topic!
@ stingray, glad to hear how much you like the car! Are you ordering or going to wait a bit for one?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Testing testing 123