Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
DCBE
CF Senior Member

Default Wheel Options - Z51 & non-Z51

I have a major question, if you are ordering a C7 with or without Z51 you must take the painted wheels, if you want the chrome or machine faced you will be forced to have two sets of wheels & tires. I could see if one has the Z51 package their might be a reason for a extra set of wheels. One ordering a non-Z51 would only want the wheel upgrade for looks and really have no need for the extra wheels. See the statement from the order guide applicable to the wheel upgrades.

1 - NOTE: Car is being ordered with 2 complete sets of optional wheels. Please make sure customer desires both sets of optional wheels before proceeding.

Any one know the reasoning for this, do you think GM will change the procedure, any dealers chime in if you think this will change. I have my order in for a non Z and asked my dealer today and they stated thats the way they understand it.
DCBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Zymurgy
Support Corvetteforum!

That note is incorrect. This has been posted before in other threads. If you order the other wheels (chrome, black) you will NOT get two sets of wheels. See Dave's thread.

In particular, see this post.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 04-24-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Added link to specific post
Zymurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
RussM05
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBE View Post
I have a major question, if you are ordering a C7 with or without Z51 you must take the painted wheels, if you want the chrome or machine faced you will be forced to have two sets of wheels & tires. I could see if one has the Z51 package their might be a reason for a extra set of wheels. One ordering a non-Z51 would only want the wheel upgrade for looks and really have no need for the extra wheels. See the statement from the order guide applicable to the wheel upgrades.

1 - NOTE: Car is being ordered with 2 complete sets of optional wheels. Please make sure customer desires both sets of optional wheels before proceeding.

Any one know the reasoning for this, do you think GM will change the procedure, any dealers chime in if you think this will change. I have my order in for a non Z and asked my dealer today and they stated thats the way they understand it.
When the dealer sent my order for the Z51 to GM last week, I had the same question. My order went in without any options wheels which meant with the Z51 option, it would come with painted silver 19"/20" wheels. I believed GM made a mistake and would be able to change my order to include black wheels. Then on Monday, the deal said I was right and GM had changed/clarified the wheel selection and if you order Q7T, it will come with black wheels without having to order a complete extra set.

I suspect someone did a copy/paste on that option block not thinking what it really meant.
RussM05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
DCBE
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
That note is incorrect. This has been posted before in other threads. If you order the other wheels (chrome, black) you will NOT get two sets of wheels. See Dave's thread.

In particular, see this post.
Ok, looking at that post it still did not clear up my question.

I am ordering a non Z 3lt, so getting the jest of the statment referenced, is this a correct statment.

If I order a LPO - 5YU option I will get 19s&20s with a extra set of 18s&19s. However if I order QX3 or RQ1s instead of the standard QG6 (Standard painted) those will be the only wheels & tires I get.

Hopefully GM will clearify their position & statments to be less confusing.

AM I correct in my assumptions?????
Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
DCBE
CF Senior Member

Anyone have a idea what these look like.

5YU-LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, includes wheels, center caps, lug nuts and caps and wheel lock kit. Genuine Corvette Accessory

They can be ordered with any configuration, but then you will get two set of wheels and tires.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #6
sam90lx
CF Senior Member

Buy the black, they throw the chrome ones in.
sam90lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #7
Zymurgy
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBE View Post
Anyone have a idea what these look like.

5YU-LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, includes wheels, center caps, lug nuts and caps and wheel lock kit. Genuine Corvette Accessory

They can be ordered with any configuration, but then you will get two set of wheels and tires.
Are they the wheels that were on the vert at Geneva?

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 04-26-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Zymurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Hot Rod Todd
CF Senior Member

Yes, those are the dealer installed optional "Torque directional" wheels in the painted color. 19" front, 20" rear.
Hot Rod Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Wheel Options - Z51 & non-Z51