Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What C7 options and color?

Old 04-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Drumhawk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What C7 options and color?

I'm leaning towards a black Z51 M7 vert with black wheels although I really like the cyber grey and midnight blue, I like chrome wheels but will eventually add custom rims, factory sound isn't important to me as I'll go aftermarket. Loved my Corsa Sport exhaust so is the NPP exhaust worth getting instead? Didn't have F55 on my C6 and wondering if it is a much used option? The upgraded seats sound pricey at 2495 and a 3LT for 8K more might be out of my budget, probably a 1LT will suffice for me and I can upgrade the leather interior at a later date. What options and color are you considering?

Last edited by Drumhawk; 04-27-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Well! Z51 = larger wheels and brakes (dry sump, useless to me), will get though. Standard Z51 wheels are ok. The colors you are considering are not premium priced, I will not pay extra for a color, period. I'm thinking Cyber Gray or Night Race Blue (two colors in one). If the factory sound is great, why change? Performance exhaust isn't worth the price, not getting it. I love magnetic ride, it is on 100% of the time, must have. The 2LT option has HUD, heated/cooled seats, price not too bad, option checked. I will be getting a convertible with the seven speed manual transmission and navigation.

Last edited by Larry/car; 04-27-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

is one color more durable than the other??? like torch red vs v/y
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Cyber Gray 3LT, with kahalari, Z51 and few other things.

My salesman is getting NRB 3LT Z51 Brownstone/Suede and a few other things. We're 4&5 on the order list. List is submitted. Not accepted yet though.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

I have a duty to warn my fellow man about owning a black car so here goes. A wise man once told me that if you buy a black car, it will be your first and LAST. If you are even a little **** about your car looking dirty, pick a different color. Black, when clean. is the most beautiful color IMO but detailing is a NIGHTMARE. Your car will show swirl marks and scratches easily (even if you are careful) and always look dirty. I had a black 1969...never again. If you are a perfectionist, pick a different color. If you don't enjoy countless hours of detailing, pick a different color. Good luck!

EDIT: I just noticed your avatar shows a silver vette....stay away from black. You've been warned...

Last edited by Paulchristian; 04-27-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 AM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
I have a duty to warn my fellow man about owning a black car so here goes. A wise man once told me that if you buy a black car, it will be your first and LAST. If you are even a little **** about your car looking dirty, pick a different color. Black, when clean. is the most beautiful color IMO but detailing is a NIGHTMARE. Your car will show swirl marks and scratches easily (even if you are careful) and always look dirty. I had a black 1969...never again. If you are a perfectionist, pick a different color. If you don't enjoy countless hours of detailing, pick a different color. Good luck!

EDIT: I just noticed your avatar shows a silver vette....stay away from black. You've been warned...
I've done my sentence with two of them. One tip I learned early is wash, polish, wax and then admire from at LEAST 10 feet away. That prevents you from noticing every imperfection Or you can just stay seriously intoxicated and then you won't care about the swirl marks
Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dmporter31
I've done my sentence with two of them. One tip I learned early is wash, polish, wax and then admire from at LEAST 10 feet away. That prevents you from noticing every imperfection Or you can just stay seriously intoxicated and then you won't care about the swirl marks
"I've done my sentence" That is a perfect way to put it !!!

Wash, polish, wax and admire from 10 feet away....yes don't think about driving it down the street because you won't get to the end of your driveway before you have to wash, polish, and wax all over again
Old 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

I think white looks best...by a long shot. (click link)

http://500px.com/photo/24340439?from=set/375473

Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 518 Posts

1LT red with black wheels. That's it. Nice and simple.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM
etcc
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

getting 3lt arctic white gray interior(which is light gray from bash pictures)................. z51, mag ride, exhaust, carbon fiber roof, and flash painted mirrors and spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! and custom sills and mats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 AM
bobbykart
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

I have changed my mind many times, but I think it will be Z51 Blk coupe, auto, Kalahari 3lt, red calipers and chrome wheels, what do you think?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by #1c6
is one color more durable than the other??? like torch red vs v/y
I have had both. A C5 TR and now a C6 VY. VY on a C7 is what I am getting because of the black contrasting vents and lights. For me, the TR is to dark for the black vents IMO anyway.

VY is very bright and more shinny then the TR. The extra tint coat makes all the difference in the world as far as I'm concerned...
Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Drumhawk
Drifting

Originally Posted by Paulchristian

Thanks for the warning, not worried about swirl marks just rock chips, silver C6 was easy to maintain but I regret not getting black. I've had black on my Lightning and I love detailing my rides with this.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Drumhawk
Thanks for the warning, not worried about swirl marks just rock chips, silver C6 was easy to maintain but I regret not getting black. I've had black on my Lightning and I love detailing my rides with this.
Well, it sounds like you know what you are getting into. Better you than me Have at it my friend
Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Cyber Grey 1LT Coupe with Red interior and calipers, machine faced wheels. 7 speed manual and NPP exhuast.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:16 AM
Drumhawk
Drifting

Originally Posted by ldepalma
The extra tint coat makes all the difference in the world as far as I'm concerned...
I have pearl blue paint on my Harley truck, looks awesome from different angles in the sun, now I'm rethinking the tint coat option on the C7, is it resprayed with paint or more clearcoat? Sorry for posting my Ford on CF lol.

Get notified of new replies

To What C7 options and color?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What C7 options and color?