Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oddest Things You Have Encountered With Your Vette

Old 01-01-2015, 08:59 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,185 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Default Oddest Things You Have Encountered With Your Vette

I guess this is sort of in line with the Stupidest things someone has said about your car, but what is the strangest thing that someone has done in regards to YOUR Corvette?

Last night, after a night of celebrating the new year, we took a taxi back to the hotel, and as we pulled up a woman was draped over the back of our car. Her husband was taking pictures.

Both mrowc6 and I yelled at the exact same time: "Get the F*** off that car!"! They laughed and then realized that we were talking about OUR car. They didn't do any damage, but that's not the point.

WTF?

What is wrong with people? I would never touch another persons car or any other personal property.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:13 PM
scottjays
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
I guess this is sort of in line with the Stupidest things someone has said about your car, but what is the strangest thing that someone has done in regards to YOUR Corvette?

Last night, after a night of celebrating the new year, we took a taxi back to the hotel, and as we pulled up a woman was draped over the back of our car. Her husband was taking pictures.

Both mrowc6 and I yelled at the exact same time: "Get the F*** off that car!"! They laughed and then realized that we were talking about OUR car. They didn't do any damage, but that's not the point.

WTF?

What is wrong with people? I would never touch another persons car or any other personal property.
OMG
what is wrong with people.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:51 PM
0v3rc10ck3d
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ugh people are so inconsiderate...like...laying on the back of the car?
Hello scratches and dented panels, what a bitch.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 395 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

It has never happened with my car but on one of my motorcycles.
I walked up with my helmet in my hand and asked if they needed a helmet. They giggled as they got off and walked away saying "safety first".
Old 01-02-2015, 12:18 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

.....at a military post-level Change of Command ceremony. Almost a thousand personnel in attendence. After the Pass-in-Review and release, I walk back to my then (rare) 1990 Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet, and on the way back, another Soldier says, "Hey, who is that guy sitting on your car?" I about lost my mind.

As I walked up looking about to rip his face off, he casually slides off the trunk to a standing position and I asked the few Soldiers who were lapping up his BS conversation to leave. I then commenced with a verbal assault and gave fair warning that if I ever saw him near my car again, it would get physical.

Douchebag was sitting on the trunk of my car with his feet cocked up on the rear bumper area, telling BS stories that it was his and how he just picked it up, etc.

Douchebag.

Some people just don't give a damn.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 01-02-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:38 AM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

I was in Oatman, Arizona in May. When I returned to my car, there were a bunch of Jackasses hanging around my car.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:53 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Well C6BOB, the animals may be real jackasses but that doesn’t define their behavior, probably far better behaved than many of the humans who control their lives. Don
Old 01-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,751 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

We went to dinner one night and took off the top. We parked in the parking lot with the top off. We came back and noticed footprints/boot prints on the passenger seat and door....
Old 01-02-2015, 10:35 AM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
We went to dinner one night and took off the top. We parked in the parking lot with the top off. We came back and noticed footprints/boot prints on the passenger seat and door....
I understand it's just a car, but if I ever catch them sumb1tch in act, I would shove pineapple up their ***
Old 01-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Mr Snappy!
Melting Slicks

Received 589 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Where was this in KC? Let me guess....Belton?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Mr Snappy!
Melting Slicks

Received 589 Likes on 162 Posts

It was in my brand-new C5 and a buddy and I took it to a near-by air show. We were directed to park by the parking guides and they were parking them pretty close together. Not horrible, but you could touch the car next to you with your doors. As we were being parked, I looked to my left to see a woman in the mini-van next to be open her car door and use her leg to swing it open with all of her might. Her door hit my car with such a force that the entire car shuttered.

I immediately jumped out of the car and almost lost my mind. The husband almost ran away, but the woman actually started to argue with me and telling me things like "it's just a stupid car!" and to "get over myself". It took all my powers of restraint not to knock this woman out. Fortunately, she had a rubber strip on her door and I did not have any damage. Car was maybe 2 months old....
Old 01-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Apocolips
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

The "Oddest Thing You Have Encountered with Your Vette", the incessant need of people in pick-up trucks to tail gate and then race past you and get in your lane. Most of them even want to race!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:19 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

WTF?

BS without pics...
Old 01-02-2015, 12:27 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

It still amazes me how people react to the new C7. I can't go anywhere, where someone doesn't compliment me about the car. I guess it's better than it being vandalized.

Now some body que the White Snake Video.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:11 PM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

WTF?

If she was sexy attractive, I'll just tell her that if she's bare-*** naked, she won't scratch the paint!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:36 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

WTF?

It happened on my way home from KC to Seattle ( the southern route ) when I was in western Kansas and the tumble weeds were dancing and I ran over one and with the end of the stick was sticking straight up in the air and caught underneath and made the most horrible noise that sounded like you were scratching a chalkboard !!! I immediately pulled over and pulled it out from the center of the car so the plates underneath did their job !!! Wayne
Old 01-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Lauren84
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I find it odd that very large trucks (mostly diesels), jeeps and BMW 328is literally Rev, drive aggressively and try to race me... Always scratch my head when I see this.

Get notified of new replies

To Oddest Things You Have Encountered With Your Vette

Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,667 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

After owning a Corvette for 10+ years and getting ready to add a new one to the stable, I've had a lot of strange reactions and situations over the years.

I always get the tailgaiting lifted truck riding my *** in 30 MPH residential zones, the stop light engine rev by the 6-banger Mustang in the next lane, the fart-can exhaust Honda wanting to play on the expressway and all the other typical fun moments of the Corvette ownership experience.

I attended a show and was walking around looking at other cars and upon my return saw a lady taking pictures of her three boys inside my car with her toddler standing on the center armrest! I couldn't believe it. Her response was that I shouldn't bring my car to a car show if I don't want other people touching it. WTF?! If she would have politely asked me if she could take of picture of her boys in the car, I would have happily obliged although I wouldn't have allowed them to stand on the seats or armrest like she did. The "It's just a car" excuse is lame because even though it is "just a car", it's my car and not yours and it's a question of social etiquette.

Just recently I was leaving a restaurant with my wife when I noticed two young businessmen from India taking pictures next to my Corvette. I stood back just watching as both were very careful not to touch it or lean on it. I took it as a compliment and when I approached the car they were very nice and told me they both loved Corvettes and could not believe my C5 was 10 years old.

So I guess it comes down to how people view and respect, or disrespect, other people's property. I guess because some people view their cars as rolling kitchens and locker rooms, they must not respect other people's property because they don't respect their own property.

Last edited by MSG C5; 01-03-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 AM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
After owning a Corvette for 10+ years and getting ready to add a new one to the stable, I've had a lot of strange reactions and situations over the years.

I always get the tailgaiting lifted truck riding my *** in 30 MPH residential zones, the stop light engine rev by the 6-banger Mustang in the next lane, the fart-can exhaust Honda wanting to play on the expressway and all the other typical fun moments of the Corvette ownership experience.

I attended a show and was walking around looking at other cars and upon my return saw a lady taking pictures of her three boys inside my car with her toddler standing on the center armrest! I couldn't believe it. Her response was that I shouldn't bring my car to a car show if I don't want other people touching it. WTF?! If she would have politely asked me if she could take of picture of her boys in the car, I would have happily obliged although I wouldn't have allowed them to stand on the seats or armrest like she did. The "It's just a car" excuse is lame because even though it is "just a car", it's my car and not yours and it's a question of social etiquette.

Just recently I was leaving a restaurant with my wife when I noticed two young businessmen from India taking pictures next to my Corvette. I stook back just watching as both were very careful not to touch it or lean on it. I took it as a compliment and when I approached the car they were very nice and told me they both loved Corvettes and could not believe my C5 was 10 years old.

So I guess it comes down to how people view and respect, or disrespect, other people's property. I guess because some people view their cars as rolling kitchens and locker rooms, they must not respect other people's property because they don't respect their own property.
Spot on observation.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:46 AM
MADMANC7
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only had my C7 a little over two months, but I've caught the dealer joyriding it, someone leaning on it while his buddy took a picture, and more racer boy wannabes than I care to remember.

I'm always willing to talk to people about the car, open the hood, even let them sit in it, but would it be OK for me to walk into your house, fix a snack, and put my feet on your coffee table? "It's just a car" is a lame excuse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oddest Things You Have Encountered With Your Vette