Sponsored by:

My guess about the Performance Data Recorder/video

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My guess about the Performance Data Recorder/video

As some of you remember from Christmas, there was some info that got out from what looked like a draft of a C7 Owner's Manual. Most of what we saw from that 'leak' has been shown to be real and quite specific.

One thing we haven't heard much about was the Performance Data Recorder part.

Well, this is nothing really new here and it is the only thing I have seen so far related to that but this is ONE example of how that info might be overlaid onto the center console video screen. Just a guess of what we might see in the future...

Performance Data Recorder...
If equipped, the Performance Data Recorder (PDR) has an icon on the Home Page screen.
The PDR records video, audio, and vehicle data. This data is stored on an SD Card accessible by the driver.

Last edited by BlueOx; 05-13-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 PM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool...not sure I'd buy it but it's interesting technology to learn how to cut faster lap times? Or so it would seem.....

Well be seeing a ton of stuff on you tube I would guess?

Seems the Russian drivers have these types of videos running all the time or so says autoblog
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What I found interesting in watching Sebring was how they use their screens with radar detection of just how close/far away other cars were. It starts getting interesting at about 4:30 and you can see the arrows indicating other cars behind him. The arrows change in size and color as the cars come on faster/slower and closer/farther from the Corvette.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,151 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Very cool stuff for the track enthusiast. No need to purchase and hook up a data acquisition system or external video overlay system. These things get pricey. Being able to plug a go-pro into the car and having it all take care of it for you is really really trick.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
What I found interesting in watching Sebring was how they use their screens with radar detection of just how close/far away other cars were. It starts getting interesting at about 4:30 and you can see the arrows indicating other cars behind him. The arrows change in size and color as the cars come on faster/slower and closer/farther from the Corvette.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0hS...layer_embedded
Thank you, great link. I hadn't seen that before. Very interesting.

Get notified of new replies

To My guess about the Performance Data Recorder/video

Quick Reply: My guess about the Performance Data Recorder/video