Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of base interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

talon90 -- thanks for posting the sales guide page, but I'd seen than and couldn't really tell what the base dash was like. Notice it looks totally different in the head-on view (dull and dark) than it does in the side view (bright like first-year C6 "aluminum" satin silver painted console).

BlueOx -- I had a feeling you would have squirreled one away. Thanks.

ZL-1 -- you said you checked it out at the Bash. Is it Carbon Flash Metallic or something lighter? It looks lighter in the photo BlueOx posted, like the dark-silver paint & plastic of some older Sony gear.

From the photo it doesn't look cheap exactly, but I didn't like the metallic-painted console on my 2005 C6 and I don't like the way this piece looks either. We'll see how it looks in person. I might try painting it to match the exterior -- I did that to the console and IP pods of my C6. Probably good for black or night race blue, maybe too much on lighter-colored cars since it's such a big piece.

.Jinx
Old 05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
I have not idea what you mean. Based on the info laid out in this thread I would pick 1LT for sure.

I generally integrate my android in my car and built the alarm and sound system, so there is nothing in the 2LT and 3LT as outlined above that would interest me. That's $8,000 savings apparently!
The super tacky statement.. It is opinion. If you do not know what I mean you have a problem with comprehension as well as poor taste. In my opinion.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I wish we could do a 2lt+ option. haha.
I don't need/want the extra options that come with the 3LT, and I don't like the driver's side dash color change. But I do like the passenger side and the door panels that get colored.

Maybe I can find someone who did likes the opposite as me and we just swap dash covers. haha.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:21 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LAK3RS
The 2LT Package is listed at $4,210, and the more I look at the options listed in the 2LT package, the more I begin to not like it as much. You get an added subwoofer to the 9-speaker system, HUD, Memory Seats, Heated/Vented seats, and slightly more adjustability to the base seats. Honestly, I just want HUD, and I'm willing to bet it can be installed in a base car easily under 1k. I'm starting to think that the 2LT package isn't as much of a deal as I originally thought, and when you stick with all black interior it makes it just the same as an all black 1LT interior...
I predict the 2LT will be the most popular single option ordered on the C7. Looking at all the options I could be happy with a 2014 C7 with just the 2LT option for less than $57K. Lots of bang for your buck.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Thrl_skr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the upper dash material the same in 1LT and 2LT?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Thrl_skr
Is the upper dash material the same in 1LT and 2LT?
I believe so. I don't think the dash changes until the 3LT where it gets real premium leather, a color change (if not black), and suede on the A and B pillars.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
I believe so. I don't think the dash changes until the 3LT where it gets real premium leather, a color change (if not black), and suede on the A and B pillars.
Only with the $995 IWE option:

(IWE) Custom Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package (requires 3LT; includes sunvisors, rear header trim, quarter window, front header trim, headliner, A-pillar trim).
Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Thrl_skr
Intermediate

Ok, that's what I thought too. If it's not leather or suede, what is the upper dash surface made of?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 AM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i just wanted a stitching option, v/y with black interior with yellow stitching! i just dont understand why its not an option it was with the 2013.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrl_skr
Ok, that's what I thought too. If it's not leather or suede, what is the upper dash surface made of?
For the 3LT Kalahari and Brownstone, I know it is leather. I don't know about the other colors. I would guess leather, but cannot say for sure.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Thrl_skr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by -CM-
For the 3LT Kalahari and Brownstone, I know it is leather. I don't know about the other colors. I would guess leather, but cannot say for sure.
Agreed, leather for 3LT, but what about the 2 lower trim levels?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
talon90 -- thanks for posting the sales guide page, but I'd seen than and couldn't really tell what the base dash was like. Notice it looks totally different in the head-on view (dull and dark) than it does in the side view (bright like first-year C6 "aluminum" satin silver painted console).

BlueOx -- I had a feeling you would have squirreled one away. Thanks.

ZL-1 -- you said you checked it out at the Bash. Is it Carbon Flash Metallic or something lighter? It looks lighter in the photo BlueOx posted, like the dark-silver paint & plastic of some older Sony gear.

From the photo it doesn't look cheap exactly, but I didn't like the metallic-painted console on my 2005 C6 and I don't like the way this piece looks either. We'll see how it looks in person. I might try painting it to match the exterior -- I did that to the console and IP pods of my C6. Probably good for black or night race blue, maybe too much on lighter-colored cars since it's such a big piece.

.Jinx
It's hard to say what it would look like in normal lighting. The pic below is obviously shot with a flash which might tend to add a bit more sparkle to the black bits.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
I do not want leather because it is heavier than cloth (and wears worse)

I believe I am not nearly so hard-core as you, but I TOTALLY do not "get" leather seats in performance cars. To make them ALMOST as comfortable as cloth, you have to add even more weight with fans, heating, etc. And, you still slide around on the darn things. I was so lucky to have cloth seats on my first Vette (a '93 -- they only sold a few hundred with cloth that year which was the final year cloth seats were ever offered in a Vette). Things wore like iron -- 100K miles before they began showing even a little bit of wear (backrest side bolster only). Plus, the backrests were designed to be totally interchangeable with the passenger seat. I spent an hour one day switching them and could have gone another 100K miles keeping the original seats, I think.

Good as the C7 seats may be, I think these would beat the stuffing out of them for practicality and performance:

What do you think?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z

I believe I am not nearly so hard-core as you, but I TOTALLY do not "get" leather seats in performance cars. To make them ALMOST as comfortable as cloth, you have to add even more weight with fans, heating, etc. And, you still slide around on the darn things. I was so lucky to have cloth seats on my first Vette (a '93 -- they only sold a few hundred with cloth that year which was the final year cloth seats were ever offered in a Vette). Things wore like iron -- 100K miles before they began showing even a little bit of wear (backrest side bolster only). Plus, the backrests were designed to be totally interchangeable with the passenger seat. I spent an hour one day switching them and could have gone another 100K miles keeping the original seats, I think.

Good as the C7 seats may be, I think these would beat the stuffing out of them for practicality and performance:

What do you think?
I forgot they even made those seats in cloth

Is the color gray or steel blue?... The color looks very close to the blue in the 2013 60th Anniv. Edition.

Personally i think the cloth material looks kinda cheap looking. It may not be, but just looks that way.

But then again that was GM in the 90's.

Last edited by jr3; 05-04-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 AM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
That is an opinion......right? After all the base 1LT in black would be a very small minority..in my opinion. It could be based on fact in 6 months. But like you it is just an opinion.
Originally Posted by Bill17601
The super tacky statement.. It is opinion. If you do not know what I mean you have a problem with comprehension as well as poor taste. In my opinion.
Well Bill, I would hope that your first sentence would have a subject, the second sentence would use proper punctuation and verb tense, the third sentence would have a subject, and that your fourth sentence wouldn't claim I am an opinion myself.

If you did use proper grammar and logic to organize your thoughts, then I would have understood earlier on that you take everyone's statements as fact unless they add "in my opinion" at the end. I normally expect people to walk the line between fact and opinion without having their hand held.

That being said I do find the two tone choices GM made as a little too flashy and boy-racer like. It is not an elegant choice, in my opinion.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 AM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Torch Z

What do you think?
I don't like cloth at all. Leather is much easier to clean, especially after getting all that dirt in the car from spinning out at the race track. I don't have too much slip in my leather seats so I prefer leather from a practical point of view.

Not to mention I like them better form a design/aspect point of view as well.

The odd ball out is suede or alcantra. That stuff still gets dirty like cloth. It does look better, but not by much. I had a full beije suede interior before...never again. It was black in a year. Every time I had a shop work on the car it came back with oil stains on it.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 AM
jr3
Safety Car

I think the popularity of alcantara came from some of the exotics using it (and race cars). But i still like the leather interiors a lot more.

Get notified of new replies

To Photos of base interior

Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 AM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jr3
I think the popularity of alcantara came from some of the exotics using it (and race cars). But i still like the leather interiors a lot more.
True. It works on a supercar that's driven 10,000 miles in it's lifetime. Not so much a daily driven, rain or shine car.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 AM
jr3
Safety Car

If someone picks the 1LT or 2LT, and you still like the seat colored leather wrap trim on the dash im sure the vendors on the forum can add those mods to your C7 with no problem. Some of the upgraded C6 leather mods look pretty good.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by jr3
I don't like it. Alcantara is a plastic material. Give me leather any day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)

Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane giving increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of the material is similar to that of suede, and it may be incorrectly identified as such.

Quick Reply: Photos of base interior