Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the C7 be as noisy as the C6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm hoping the Z06 will be louder. But yes, with C6 losing the craptacular tires helped to get rid of some of the sound you don't want.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gorilla1969
Watch the NCM video for the C7 Bash from April, specifically the interior seminar. It's a relatively long video but answered a lot of my questions. I believe towards the end of the recording, around 45 minutes in, the lady working for GM stated there would be additional 'acoustics' in the rear for noise.
Yeah, I remember something a while back about it having active noise cancellation technology. Anyone else remember that?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:16 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

I hope the exhaust note is loud
Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 254 Posts

Really this is such a big concern
Absolutely....are you being ridiculous? The FACT that I have a 50/50 chance of someone being able to understand me on the bluetooth when driving down the highway due to road noise isn't evidence enough that the exterior noise is too much?

I wonder if the OP still has the OEM tires on your Z06.
Ditched the OEM GY Runflats on my 2011 after 64 miles and the Michelins made a significant improvement!

I hear Several other lesser performance cars are much quieter for 1.5x the money...maybe you could dd one of those next?
Again, let's not get silly....there is no excuse for the level of road noise these cars have.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Active noise cancellation systems will make the nvh much improved over the c6.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JMB
Absolutely....are you being ridiculous? The FACT that I have a 50/50 chance of someone being able to understand me on the bluetooth when driving down the highway due to road noise isn't evidence enough that the exterior noise is too much?

Ditched the OEM GY Runflats on my 2011 after 64 miles and the Michelins made a significant improvement!

Again, let's not get silly....there is no excuse for the level of road noise these cars have.
Hell the gals at the drive thru can't hear ME over my car's engine and exhaust.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I never understood the concept of buying a burly V8 and worrying about the noise. (Granted, it shouldn't be deafening)

Next thing you know, it will be like the M5 where it is now so quiet they have to play fake engine noises in the cabin so you have to hear it roar... Pure insanity!

Last edited by harlold; 05-05-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
I would bet the C7 will be quieter. The stiffer chassis should elimate most if not all squeaks/rattles. Goodness knows Michelin runflats are a LOT quieter than Goodyear runflats.

Jimmy

I was going to say exactly this.

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Active noise cancellation systems will make the nvh much improved over the c6.
I've been wondering if it's official that this will be in the C7. Any word?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:13 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 254 Posts

I never understood the concept of buying a burly V8 and worrying about the noise. (Granted, it shouldn't be deafening)
My 660 RWHP LS7 Monte SS even with 4.10's drives down the freeway nice and quiet but with the crack of throttle both the intake and exhaust ROAR to life very loud with superb authority and this is how I think the C6Z should be as well as the C7....this isn't asking for much!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 AM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Hope so!

Have you heard about this firsthand or is this an assumption?
Dave he works at the plant. When Paul speaks we listen!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash

I was going to say exactly this.

I've been wondering if it's official that this will be in the C7. Any word?
Yes it's part of the c7. What many of us feel after hours of daily driving fatigue in the c5 and c6 is due to harmonics ........sounds that can tire the driver.

It's not the roar of the engine but rather harmonics or sounds that add to driver fatigue. The c7 will be better in that area.

It's not a big deal as we are speaking of performance at super car levels.....that said it will be something many of us who use the corvette as a daily driver will appreciate.

The c6 was a little better in this regard than the c5 and with the combined effort from the engineering team on the c7.....one of the tools they are using to eliminate unwanted harmonics or annoying sounds is noise cancellation sound systems which pump in sound at various frequency to nullify certain unwanted sound. It's cool if it works and long distance travel or everyday drivers will be grateful.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 AM
HumanWiki
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

No Bluetooth issues on mine.
No tired or worn our driver.
No excessive noise that I didn't cause (exhaust

I can hear my Runcraps but only on badly surfaced roads.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:03 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Yes it's part of the c7. What many of us feel after hours of daily driving fatigue in the c5 and c6 is due to harmonics ........sounds that can tire the driver.

It's not the roar of the engine but rather harmonics or sounds that add to driver fatigue. The c7 will be better in that area.

It's not a big deal as we are speaking of performance at super car levels.....that said it will be something many of us who use the corvette as a daily driver will appreciate.

The c6 was a little better in this regard than the c5 and with the combined effort from the engineering team on the c7.....one of the tools they are using to eliminate unwanted harmonics or annoying sounds is noise cancellation sound systems which pump in sound at various frequency to nullify certain unwanted sound. It's cool if it works and long distance travel or everyday drivers will be grateful.
Awesome. Are there any articles out there, or press releases or anything. In my build sheet when I optioned out the car, there wasn't anything that mentioned it.

Quick Reply: Will the C7 be as noisy as the C6?