Paging Talon 90

Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 681 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Paging Talon 90

Did Tadge (or anyone at the bash) give an indication as to when HP rating would be released? (Approx) thank you
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Unfortunately, I didn't hear it and I don't recall anyone mentioning it.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM
HurricaneRN
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, things you hear at at congressional hearing for $200 Alex.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

9:30!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
9:30!

Is that Mountain Time ??
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Is that Mountain Time ??
NDST- Norwegian Daylight Savings Time
Old 05-10-2013, 10:44 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I actually asked Harlan Charles that question during a one-on-one conversation with him. Harlan responded by saying that they were still working on determining what the final horsepower and torque numbers would be since the testing that determines those numbers was not yet complete. He stopped short of saying when the numbers would be announced.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I actually asked Harlan Charles that question during a one-on-one conversation with him. Harlan responded by saying that they were still working on determining what the final horsepower and torque numbers would be since the testing that determines those numbers was not yet complete. He stopped short of saying when the numbers would be announced.
Facinating. In order to meet the usual development schedules, the engines are presented for EPA tests about nine (9) months before the production cars hit the street. Must be a different development schedule. Or is it because GM is governmenmt owned and run by government appointed executives that GM has some sort of exemption? Or maybe Harlan didn't understand the question? Or maybe the cars will be sold without a HP rating?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by I Bin Therbefor
Facinating. In order to meet the usual development schedules, the engines are presented for EPA tests about nine (9) months before the production cars hit the street. Must be a different development schedule. Or is it because GM is governmenmt owned and run by government appointed executives that GM has some sort of exemption? Or maybe Harlan didn't understand the question? Or maybe the cars will be sold without a HP rating?
Are EPA tests the same as SAE or are those two separate testings?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:37 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 681 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Talon...

I know you can only comment on certain things, I only want to know if anyone has given us an approximate release time for the numbers, if you can say... thank you
Old 05-11-2013, 06:12 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by rcallen484
These are two separate things. The CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) testing is what is driven by the EPA. This is a test that simulates running the vehicle under very specific conditions for a fixed duration and taking fuel economy data specific intervals. This is to set the MPG data. The CAFE results are taken across the entire manufacturers line to arrive at an average. All auto manufacturers are required to hit certain objectives across their model segments and meet an overall goal established by the government.

The SAE testing is a certification process done on an engine dyno and witnessed to determine the final horsepower number for the vehicle that can be published. Once documented, a manufacturer can only publish a number that is plus or minus 1% of the certified number.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by AVETTE
I know you can only comment on certain things, I only want to know if anyone has given us an approximate release time for the numbers, if you can say... thank you
This is one of those things that I wouldn't be able to say anything about if I knew anything but in this case, I really don't have any information.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Completely different tests. Sae is done on an engine dyno, epa tests are done with a car on a chassis dyno
Old 05-11-2013, 06:07 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Huh? Less than 20% is "government owned". And that is declining rapidly. Who are these government appointed exectives you speak of?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:23 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I don't know what you're insinuating but it happened just the way I described. I had no reason to think that Harlan responded in any way other than 100% truthfully.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

EPA doesn't give a hoot about the advertised horsepower.

They only care about emissions and MPG.

Get notified of new replies

To Paging Talon 90

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paging Talon 90