Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Cant Freakin Wait!!! OCT 2013 hurry up

Old 05-11-2013, 05:26 PM
CJJ
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default I Cant Freakin Wait!!! OCT 2013 hurry up

So who is pumped as well? time to get more excited threads going@@!!

Anyone going to do any MODs , CAI, exhaust, Wheels, etc very soon after purchase?

I sure love those HRE wheels, boy pricey though.

I plan on CAI and exhaust and hopefully the stereo is as good as I think it will be to not have to upgrade.

I would love to hear what you others have in mind!!

Thanks!!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CJJ

Anyone going to do any MODs , CAI, exhaust, Wheels, etc very soon after purchase?

I plan on CAI and exhaust and hopefully the stereo is as good as I think it will be to not have to upgrade.

Thanks!!
Don't close your mind to the factory air intake. A lot of engineering expertise went into its development and it cannot be EASILY improved upon in all probability.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 PM
CJJ
Racer

sweet sounds good to me. more money to save. thanks
Old 05-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Only mods I foresee are window tint and a clear bra.

And a CAGs eliminator if it bugs me.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

No mods. Rather spend the money on tires and track days
Old 05-11-2013, 06:58 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert R1
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 PM
CJJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Robert R1
cool man, id like to learn more about track days. Ive never done in the past. Whats an average cost? I live in VA and have some Dr friends that race at VIR. I think I will end up down there somehow with the C7 and them .
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CJJ
cool man, id like to learn more about track days. Ive never done in the past. Whats an average cost? I live in VA and have some Dr friends that race at VIR. I think I will end up down there somehow with the C7 and them .
If you live close to VIR and aren't there for track days on a regular basis you should be tarred, feathered and maybe slightly beaten

Join a good driving club and get some good instruction and see what having fun is REALLY all about. I would be at the track every weekend if it wouldn't mean I would likely end up divorced. It's the most fun you can have sitting up
Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
CJJ
Racer

Originally Posted by gthal
If you live close to VIR and aren't there for track days on a regular basis you should be tarred, feathered and maybe slightly beaten

Join a good driving club and get some good instruction and see what having fun is REALLY all about. I would be at the track every weekend if it wouldn't mean I would likely end up divorced. It's the most fun you can have sitting up
sweet.!!! whats the cost of track tires? Ive been saving up a while for this Car. Not sure If I can affford another set of tires that wear out fast for tracks. But if its that much fun, I may just have too . Its a hike from home to VIR (3 hours I think). So even a few times a year would be cool. So again question is price for tires and another set of rims for track days? and Membership or day pass to a track??

Thanks man.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CJJ
sweet.!!! whats the cost of track tires? Ive been saving up a while for this Car. Not sure If I can affford another set of tires that wear out fast for tracks. But if its that much fun, I may just have too . Its a hike from home to VIR (3 hours I think). So even a few times a year would be cool. So again question is price for tires and another set of rims for track days? and Membership or day pass to a track??

Thanks man.
You won't need track tires starting out. The C7 out of the box will do just fine. If you get out 2 or 3 days a year, it won't even hurt the tire life all that much (especially as a beginner).

You will only need dedicated track tires/wheels when/if you get very serious. Most people who track regularly never get to this point. They often just ensure they have good, sticky rubber, good pads and good fluid (Castrol SRF as an example).

I don't know how it works at VIR but I would find a HPDE club to join... there may be a Corvette club or a BMW club (often they are open to all car brands).

I promise two things... one, you will NOT regret doing it and, two, you will get addicted and forget about how much $$ is costs. I would eat Kraft dinner and hotdogs for dinner every night before I'd give up going to the track.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

You won't need track tires starting out. The C7 out of the box will do just fine. If you get out 2 or 3 days a year, it won't even hurt the tire life all that much (especially as a beginner).

You will only need dedicated track tires/wheels when/if you get very serious. Most people who track regularly never get to this point. They often just ensure they have good, sticky rubber, good pads and good fluid (Castrol SRF as an example).

I don't know how it works at VIR but I would find a HPDE club to join... there may be a Corvette club or a BMW club (often they are open to all car brands).

I promise two things... one, you will NOT regret doing it and, two, you will get addicted and forget about how much $$ is costs. I would eat Kraft dinner and hotdogs for dinner every night before I'd give up going to the track.
I can't wait to take mine out. I drove 20 solo laps in an Indy Car 2 years ago and it was the best friggen thing I have ever done in my life. I'm still smiling!!! I will definitely be taking the C7 to the track.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by CJJ

Thanks!!
First and easiest mod I will do is put a SprintBooster on. I added one to my Benz and its awesome. Dramatically improves any throttle lag. Very easy install. It doesn't add any HP but it sure feels like it does. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
pmonag
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

October?

I'm hoping they are available in late August!! Need to enjoy the sunshine
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

You and me both. I can't wait.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

+1 go to the track, you need nothing but your car a helmet and go with a group that takes safety seriously. Chin is a great group to start with.

I hope there are a few break in days between pickup and first track day

It seems like track seat and data/video are later options

Provided I fit with helmet I plan on pads, srf, roll/harness bar and harness and some track tires. Anyone know what size / backing plate # the Z51 needs? Hoping the calipers and stock rotors will be ok with all the OEM cooling.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 05-11-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Chance575
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

sprint booster? really, get a good tune in it and you'll throw that crap away
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Me, I'm gonna take Dinah Shore's advice and see America in my Chev-row-lay.

Top down of course.

Get notified of new replies

To I Cant Freakin Wait!!! OCT 2013 hurry up

Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm hoping mine comes in August.

No modding for me this time around. Mods just make things harder down the road. I'm going to keep my car unmolested and just enjoy her the way she is.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 AM
CJJ
Racer

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
I'm hoping mine comes in August.

No modding for me this time around. Mods just make things harder down the road. I'm going to keep my car unmolested and just enjoy her the way she is.
Then a new Exhaust is the only thing I may do then. I would love one that fits the angular exhaust space better than the 4 round. Thats just me.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 AM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys thinking exhaust should wait to confirm what occurs as the AFM kicks in on the highway etc...otherwise just order the NPP option from the factory..

Camaro l99 owners had a he'll of time with AFM and aftermarket exhausts...

I think staying stock makes a lot of sense but for those who enjoy modding ...good luck and. Have fun

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Cant Freakin Wait!!! OCT 2013 hurry up