Decisions and ordering questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Grumps
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Decisions and ordering questions

Hello all,
Been lurking on the forum for the last month or so and have gotten some great information. I'll try and keep this post as short as I can, so here's my dilemma.
Probably by May next year I'll have my down payment on a new toy. I've been trying to decide between the ZL1 and the Grand Sport for some time now. Both cars should be relatively close in price by time it said and done. Even though I really want the power of the ZL1 the Grand Sport or corvette in general just seem to be in a class by itself. Now, I know what you're thinking go for the Z06. That would be great but it's a little out of my price range.
I was thinking of ordering the car since they're only a couple of options I want, at least from the factory. We all know that the aftermarket can sometimes be both better quality and cheaper, so why make my note higher than it needs to be.
I've never ordered a car before so I'm clueless on a couple of things.
What is usually the latest to order the current model year?
What about dealer discounts and/or incentives, when do they apply.
Is it at the time the car is ordered or at the time of delivery?
I'm sure I'll be buying from a high volume dealer from out of state.
Finally, will the dealer let you special order even if they have a large inventory?
Thanks
Old 10-16-2016, 09:22 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

A lot can happen between now and May. By then you might decide that you want something completely different.

Regarding your questions:
  • Last order dates vary by model. Corvettes are typically late May / early June.
  • You qualify only for incentives that are available at the time of taking delivery.
  • I don't know of any dealers that won't let you order, regardless of inventory. You may be able to get a lower trice on an in-stock vehicle, though.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-18-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Stp94
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

If you know the specific options u can surf on the dealer inventory section on here and see dozens of appropriately optioned Grand Sports in stock and selling at 10%+ off MSRP. Without the headache of being low balled on a trade these would be an ideal and painless purchase. Kerbeck, Coughlin, etc. sell in bulk and have about any setup you want. Having said that, forced air all the way!
Old 10-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Fat Mike
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 730 Likes on 610 Posts

If you are wanting to take delivery in May, I can't imagine the large volume dealer couldn't have exactly what you want, when you want it. I don't have personal experience with their ordering procedures but I imagine they order new cars pretty much every week.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:46 AM
Grumps
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never new there were dealerships up north with such huge inventories. I'm from the New Orleans area and lucky if there are 1-5 cars in stock.
All I'm really looking for is a 2LT with Nav/PDR and custom seats, the seats being the issue. I looking for either the competition or two tone, haven't decided yet. There are only a few cars with this seats and usually come with a options I'm not looking for.
But as STP mentioned, when I'm actually ready to buy I may be able to get a better deal on a car in stock having more options.
And hopefully forced air could be one……
Old 10-18-2016, 12:44 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Take a look at our inventory and specials.

If you don't find something we have in stock, we can always order one for you!

http://www.macmulkin.net/corvette-inventory

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 10-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumps
Never new there were dealerships up north with such huge inventories. I'm from the New Orleans area and lucky if there are 1-5 cars in stock.
All I'm really looking for is a 2LT with Nav/PDR and custom seats, the seats being the issue. I looking for either the competition or two tone, haven't decided yet. There are only a few cars with this seats and usually come with a options I'm not looking for.
But as STP mentioned, when I'm actually ready to buy I may be able to get a better deal on a car in stock having more options.
And hopefully forced air could be one……
That's what I was going to say. By then the discounts may give you the incentive to buy one optioned a little different, but that will suit you as well. And believe me, many of us have had to make that decision. Good luck.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 10-18-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Decisions and ordering questions

Quick Reply: Decisions and ordering questions