Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 684 Likes on 272 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Good luck with that...

Originally Posted by JoesC5
In a poll of what people are paying, 33% of them are paying below MSRP, 63% are paying MSRP and 4% are paying above MSRP. I don't think any of them are expecting their cars to be delivered at the end of the 2014 model year.

Anyone that is expecting their car to show up in January or later should be working on a better deal from their dealer, even if they are currently quoted MSRP. Something like $2,500-$3,500 off MSRP, IMHO.

Let us know when you find that deal from someone who can deliver
Old 06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracla
So now I discover that Munday Chevrolet (north Houston) is only allocated 1 Corvette in the first go-around. I guess the number of cars they sell every month has nothing to do with this process. It is based entirely on the number of Corvettes they sell which makes sense.

Munday says they have 25 coupes allocated, but most of them come later in the production cycle. So I'll wait longer for them to fill my order. Makes the car less valuable in MHO.

In your opinion is the C7 worth less if it is delivered later in the production year?

It is worth whatever it can bring in the market. The market decides not the economic majors on the Internet. Take my advice make a refundable deposit with a reputable dealer. If the time comes nd the price does not suit you do not buy it. Do not gamble on ordering later thinking he demand will drop off. A bird in hand...
Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

In a poll of what people are paying, 33% of them are paying below MSRP, 63% are paying MSRP and 4% are paying above MSRP. I don't think any of them are expecting their cars to be delivered at the end of the 2014 model year.

Anyone that is expecting their car to show up in January or later should be working on a better deal from their dealer, even if they are currently quoted MSRP. Something like $2,500-$3,500 off MSRP, IMHO.
My dealer has 150 car allotment. The cars he is ordering now will get delivered in April next spring. That is real not a guess. Maybe January 2015 you can look for a deal. Reality is .....
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
It is worth whatever it can bring in the market. The market decides not the economic majors on the Internet. Take my advice make a refundable deposit with a reputable dealer. If the time comes nd the price does not suit you do not buy it. Do not gamble on ordering later thinking he demand will drop off. A bird in hand...
Totally agree
Old 06-19-2013, 04:46 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

My dealer has 150 car allotment. The cars he is ordering now will get delivered in April next spring. That is real not a guess. Maybe January 2015 you can look for a deal. Reality is .....
My reality is based on my experiences in buying a new C5 in 1997 and buying a new Z06 in 2008(after watching availability and prices of the Z06 for the preceding 3 years, not just on the internet, but actually negotiating with dealers for one).......along with hanging around with around 150 other Corvette owners of whom some have purchased new C5's and C6's(and now a new C7 for one of them that will get his car in November at a price under MSRP) over the past 15 years.

My reality is also based on knowing a salesman that sells Corvettes at a top 50 dealership for the past 7 years.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

My reality is based on my experiences in buying a new C5 in 1997 and buying a new Z06 in 2008(after watching availability and prices of the Z06 for the preceding 3 years, not just on the internet, but actually negotiating with dealers for one).......along with hanging around with around 150 other Corvette owners of whom some have purchased new C5's and C6's(and now a new C7 for one of them that will get his car in November at a price under MSRP) over the past 15 years.

My reality is also based on knowing a salesman that sells Corvettes at a top 50 dealership for the past 7 years.
I have said it before you are sharp at technology. You have no clue about the market for the C7. There are no cars at MSRP unless you are willing to wait. This model first allotments are about sold out. This is not 1997-1998. They will build 30,000 cars not 10,000 like 1997. My dealer has 150 allotment. You get on the list now and you are looking at April. I would say they have 15 left. Doesn't matter about negotiation. You pay MSRP or someone else will. The dealers are complaint they can not get cars. Why would they do that? Because they know they could sell them.. Tell you what. Give all of us the name and number of a dealer, who has allotment left, who will sell under MSRP. And deliver before the first of Janurary. I will call him/ her myself . If it is true I will eat my words in public, on the forum. That is my challenge to you.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I have said it before you are sharp at technology. You have no clue about the market for the C7. There are no cars at MSRP unless you are willing to wait. This model first allotments are about sold out. This is not 1997-1998. They will build 30,000 cars not 10,000 like 1997. My dealer has 150 allotment. You get on the list now and you are looking at April. I would say they have 15 left. Doesn't matter about negotiation. You pay MSRP or someone else will. The dealers are complaint they can not get cars. Why would they do that? Because they know they could sell them.. Tell you what. Give all of us the name and number of a dealer, who has allotment left, who will sell under MSRP. And deliver before the first of Janurary. I will call him/ her myself . If it is true I will eat my words in public, on the forum. That is my challenge to you.
Bill,

We have a different opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I feel confident that I can purchase a new C7 and get delivery in November and at a price below MSRP. I'm not a tire kicker, so when I walk into a dealers showroom, or call a dealer, I'm going for the best deal I can get, but at the same time, I will buy if the deal is right for me......

In 1997, my local dealer refused to come off his $10,000 market adjustment for a New C5. I was serious about buying one. He kept telling me about how few C5's were going to be built and his long line of people wanting one. I got on the phone calling other dealers and found prices from $5,000 over MSRP down to $1,500 under MSRP(large Ohio dealer and the car was in his showroom, but not a color I wanted). A dealer in Tulsa(3.5 hr drive from me) said he would order the exact car I wanted, for $1,000 under MSRP. We handled everything by phone and I sent him a $1,000 deposit. Before I sent the dealer the deposit, I talked with Dick Almond(Corvette Brand Manager at that time) face to face to find out if Riverside Chevrolet was a big Corvette dealer that could deliver. Dick said they were getting a lot of C5's and I shouldn't worry.

Two days after I ordered the car from the dealer in Tulsa, my local dealer called me and wanted to know if I was still wanting to buy a new C5. I said that I would not be interested in his ridiculous price. He said he would sell me one for MSRP. Imagine that; the price dropped $10,000 in less than a week. Why, because he had just had a transporter drop off two new C5's that he did not have customers for. So much for his BS about long lines of customers willing to pay over MSRP for his "rare" C5's.
I went to Bloomington Gold in June of 1997 and found plenty of C5's for sale. Bill Jacobs had 4 or 5 unsold C5's under his tent and had a bunch on order(the salesman showed me the orders of C5's being built for them that were unsold and he was trying to get them sold at Bloomington Gold). Price.....MSRP without even entering into serious check signing discussions.

We aren't going to settle our difference in opinion in this forum, so how about we wait until GM starts releasing the delivery numbers(cars sold to retail customers).

Last edited by JoesC5; 06-20-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

The Corvette Club I am in is sponsored by SUNRISE CHEV. in
Glendale Heights, IL. I had a meeting with the G.M. yesterday regarding our annual car show, and a special Club Meeting to introduce the C7.
He told me they finally got a delivery date of early Oct. for 2 C7.
Furthermore they must have a mechanic and a salesperson certified by GM. This coming Monday their training starts.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Becky on corvetteforum.com/articles/c7/ is giving updates on the forum. Just enter your order number she responds daily with updates.
Uhm, I'm trying to find this thread. Can someone post a link?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xfactors
Believable info is hard to come by. I still have not found out when the first C7 will be delivered, but August looks like a good bet to at least see one at a high-volume dealer.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Xfactors
Use this thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Dracla
Racer

After all the discussion I'm now expecting the first C7 to be delivered in mid to late September. Hopefully, the QC folks will have found ALL the bugs and fixed them by then.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

After all the discussion I'm now expecting the first C7 to be delivered in mid to late September. Hopefully, the QC folks will have found ALL the bugs and fixed them by then.
Why would they do that if they have not fixed all the bugs in the C6?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Dracla
Racer

Why would they do that if they have not fixed all the bugs in the C6?
Kind of funny but...

I have a C6 and it had a minor problem I wasn't even aware of, but the dealer found it when they were doing the oil change and fixed it under warranty.

I'm hoping the C7 has no problems at all, but that might be wishful thinking.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:26 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Kind of funny but...

I have a C6 and it had a minor problem I wasn't even aware of, but the dealer found it when they were doing the oil change and fixed it under warranty.

I'm hoping the C7 has no problems at all, but that might be wishful thinking.
Good luck! Beta test car for the 1st year.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Good luck! Beta test car for the 1st year.
I've heard this from a long-time Corvette owner. I certainly hope he is wrong, but only time will tell.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

I looked at a lot of dealerships before ordering my 97. Only two offered to sell a car to me at MSRP everybody else wanted several K over MSRP with one asking $10K over. I got mine for MSRP.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To When will the first C7 be Delivered?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM
door2416
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I saw a car hauler yesterday full of c7's just south of detroit heading north on I-75.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From kerbecks web site: their estimated is 507 Stingrays for the first 6 to 9 months of production.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Dracla
Racer

If they build in August 2013, doesn't that mean they will deliver the first cars before the end of September?
I'm more convinced now that the first C7s will show up on the road and in buyers hands in Sept. Late, but still in Sept.

Quick Reply: When will the first C7 be Delivered?