Sponsored by:

A note to GM staff part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
TorqueDriver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Love you all at GM..just wish you could have made some C7's for this summer..can't wait to drive mine.
I'm right there with ya' Bill. Mine is also on order with Mike@Criswell.
The waiting has begun
Old 05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
I would disagree here and say this was revolutionary for the Corvette.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
Good job!

It's difficult to design something iconic and still look exciting. The new C7 is aggressive but carries over a few cues from the past to make it part of the overall lineage.

The engineering looks first rate. The new engine is impressive. 450+ hp and no gas guzzler tax.

Most impressive of all... a very, very modest increase in price with a lot of new features and technology.

They did a GOOD job on the car.

The real car turned out better than some of the renders that were floating around last year.

I like 95% of the car..... I still think the rear end could use a little work but that is just my personal opinion... I think the horizonal reflectors on the rear bumper would look better if they were removed or made smaller and relocated to the bottom of the bumper, less visible. Kinda like on the Ferrari F12, they are located at the bottom of the bumper (Kind of hidden in a seam)... It would also be cool if a REAL rear diffuser was offered.

Two other things i would do is rethink the chrome "mouth brace" in the front bumper grill area (The chrome looks very out of place)... and maybe think about adding some fog lights in the bottom of the front bumper or some LED light strips in the sides of the grill area.

But overall a good job was done and congrats on the new car.

Oh yeah,... and dont forget we want ATOMIC ORANGE back. (Kick @$$ color for the C7)
Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by jr3

They did a GOOD job on the car.

The real car turned out better than some of the renders that were floating around last year.

I like 95% of the car..... I still think the rear end could use a little work but that is just my personal opinion... I think the horizonal reflectors on the rear bumper would look better if they were removed or made smaller and relocated to the bottom of the bumper, less visible. Kinda like on the Ferrari F12, they are located at the bottom of the bumper (Kind of hidden in a seam)... It would also be cool if a REAL rear diffuser was offered.

Two other things i would do is rethink the chrome "mouth brace" in the front bumper grill area (The chrome looks very out of place)... and maybe think about adding some fog lights in the bottom of the front bumper or some LED light strips in the sides of the grill area.

But overall a good job was done and congrats on the new car.

Oh yeah,... and dont forget we want ATOMIC ORANGE back. (Kick @$$ color for the C7)
I drove this car a few weeks ago. Amazing machine. The rear looks so cool in person. And 730 HP ain't bad, particularly at 8500 RPM
Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

I agree with the OP's sentiments and similar thoughts expressed by others.

GM knows the paradigm: meaningfully upgrade the content, only add a relatively
nominal price increase, and sell as many as can be produced !
Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay peeples got end this love fest it's making me sick.

This car is a B- at best with one exceptionally ridiculous design statement the rear.

Otherwise they are still behind the curve as to interior design, materials and engineering. I love corvettes, but they are your discount sports car, a price per features car.
This iteration they just moved up one step in the auto retail hierarchy. They went from Walmart to Tarjay [i.e. Target].

Okay now we have balance.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewelle

This car is a B- at best with one exceptionally ridiculous design statement the rear.

Otherwise they are still behind the curve as to interior design, materials and engineering. I love corvettes, but they are your discount sports car, a price per features car.
This iteration they just moved up one step in the auto retail hierarchy. They went from Walmart to Tarjay [i.e. Target].

Man you are bitter over your C6 experience. When you word your displeasure with the C7 this way are you actually expecting respect in return?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Thanks for your opinion... it's fortunate it isn't shared by very many (i.e. there still isn't balance )

Last edited by gthal; 05-19-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:28 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Well said. It is hard to incorporate the new technology and design a new car that keeps the heritage of Corvette. And keep the pricing where it is. Well done GM team!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's sad that you **** on Jimi's aura by using his image in your avatar. Okay, now we have balance...ohmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

Hi all first post here, I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now absorbing as much detail as possible on the new Vette as possible and finally decided to register because i think I am dead set on owning a Stingray.

I agree that this was a difficult car for GM to make, especially with so many people in the Corvette family, all with their own expectation of what the new Vette should or should not be. I am glad that GM stuck to their guns and designed a car that is somewhat polarizing to the community. I personally have been around and driven my fair share of Corvettes but never owned one due to a few reasons (mostly financial), that said I have only ever had that "gotta have it" feeling over one of them and that was a '63 Split window back in 1999...it needed some work but was being sold for just $20k. I kick myself for not buying it.

The C7 is the first Corvette I have wanted as badly as I wanted that '63, I've driven the C4 ZR-1, C5 Z06 (numerous times), the C6 Z06 and ZR-1 (flogged the **** out of the Z06 at Willow Springs) and have always come away impressed with the performance but pretty much neutral feeling about the car as a whole. The C7 is exciting, at first I didn't like the rear, but I think that I got caught up in the wave of hate and discontent that all the "purists" were spewing instead of really taking the whole car in. Pictures just showing the rear end can't possibly make it look like a part of the cohesive "whole" unit. The profile is pure Vette, while the details make it fresh.

I'll be putting a deposit down soon on a White (or Yellow Z51, 2LT with Black wheels, competition seats, Nav, CF interior trim, and red interior and calipers...in manual of course. Should be interesting joining a community thats been thriving for 60 years for the first time with the 7th gen car as my first foray into the fold
Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Feel free to go to the sub-forum that you prefer to be in. If you don't like this generation, fine. You don't have to be here.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1986C4Z51
I have to disagree with your disagreement. It's a refinement of the C6 which was a refinement of the C5. If it were mid engined, then I would say revolutionary.
I'm going to have to disagree with you disagreeing with me disagreeing with you.

The C7 has a new engine design, completely new exterior and interior design (including the departure from the round tail lights).

The C5 to the C6 used the exact same engine platform/design and had a nearly identical interior and exterior. That was an evolutionary change.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me
GM nailed it with this car. I'm still blown away at how they even caught my attention.
I agree. I was certain I'd be driving a Cayman by now, but this C7 has grabbed my attention in a way that has completely surprised me. I still would like to test drive one (I actually started to type "pre-order" instead of "test drive") before fully committing, but as you can see from my Freudian slip a few words earlier, that test drive may end up being on my own car.

-T
Old 05-20-2013, 05:00 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I look forward to hp,tq and performance confirmation that the c7 ends up as the latest and greatest yet from what we've seen so far? It's everything you said and more,

Red with black interior m7 c7 z51 MRC competition seats NPP 1lt ...that's what I'm dreaming of...
Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Let me know when you find a new Ferrari at a new Vette price.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another +1 to GM, good job guys.

And a quick note to everyone else... don't feed the trolls, they will go away if they have nothing to eat.

-Alex

Get notified of new replies

To A note to GM staff part 2

Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermassive
Hi all first post here, I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now absorbing as much detail as possible on the new Vette as possible and finally decided to register because i think I am dead set on owning a Stingray.

I agree that this was a difficult car for GM to make, especially with so many people in the Corvette family, all with their own expectation of what the new Vette should or should not be. I am glad that GM stuck to their guns and designed a car that is somewhat polarizing to the community. I personally have been around and driven my fair share of Corvettes but never owned one due to a few reasons (mostly financial), that said I have only ever had that "gotta have it" feeling over one of them and that was a '63 Split window back in 1999...it needed some work but was being sold for just $20k. I kick myself for not buying it.

The C7 is the first Corvette I have wanted as badly as I wanted that '63, I've driven the C4 ZR-1, C5 Z06 (numerous times), the C6 Z06 and ZR-1 (flogged the **** out of the Z06 at Willow Springs) and have always come away impressed with the performance but pretty much neutral feeling about the car as a whole. The C7 is exciting, at first I didn't like the rear, but I think that I got caught up in the wave of hate and discontent that all the "purists" were spewing instead of really taking the whole car in. Pictures just showing the rear end can't possibly make it look like a part of the cohesive "whole" unit. The profile is pure Vette, while the details make it fresh.

I'll be putting a deposit down soon on a White (or Yellow Z51, 2LT with Black wheels, competition seats, Nav, CF interior trim, and red interior and calipers...in manual of course. Should be interesting joining a community thats been thriving for 60 years for the first time with the 7th gen car as my first foray into the fold
to the forum !

Thanks for sharing your perspective and I hope you love your C7 as much as I know I will love mine.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Man you are bitter over your C6 experience. When you word your displeasure with the C7 this way are you actually expecting respect in return?
Why does every retard think that just because one doesn't bow down to the c7 , were haters or were bitter cause we have a c6. Lol. C'mon guys its forums , where we can be open and talk. By the way I like the car although not a huge fan of the rear and weak 450 hp numbers. Gm can make all the nice cars they want but when it's a shi$$y service and quality is awful , it won't matter. Lets just hope the c7 interior doesn't start the plastic on plastic noise violence gm is known for and that they actually have some quality ..cause let's face it service and quality are gm's is by far the worst in industry. So drive that pretty c7 around. Lets just hope it doesn't see too much service time.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE

Ok , we'll go away so you can continue sticking your little man ***** in the tail pipes.
Again, why are some people so damn bitter! It's like the c7 was made by your daddy or something. It's called forums!
Pot meet kettle

Last edited by gthal; 05-20-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: A note to GM staff part 2