Sponsored by:

GM Leads J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Porsche also doesn't sell even remotely as many cars. Easier to have less complaints, especially when the owners don't fess up to issues that occur.
Right, because Porsche owners are inherently more dishonest than American brand owners. By your logic, the only reasons BMW placed lower than Cadillac is because
1) Cadillac sold fewer cars, and
2) Cadillac owners are more dishonest

Good luck with that.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't be so sure. The Porsche owners I've dealt with refused to admit having constant issues with their cars despite the fact they were at a Porsche shop picking up replacement parts. Kind of stupid.

Your point makes assumptions on logic based on what YOU believe to be a lack of experience on my part. Your logic is flawed because you based on what I said solely because you either ignore that I worked at a Porsche shop or didn't realize it.

By the way, I worked at a GM dealership too. Lots of people complained about their Cadillacs. And rightfully so. Back then they were garbage. But they've really picked up in the last 5-6 years.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Don't be so sure. The Porsche owners I've dealt with refused to admit having constant issues with their cars despite the fact they were at a Porsche shop picking up replacement parts. Kind of stupid.

Your point makes assumptions on logic based on what YOU believe to be a lack of experience on my part. Your logic is flawed because you based on what I said solely because you either ignore that I worked at a Porsche shop or didn't realize it.

By the way, I worked at a GM dealership too. Lots of people complained about their Cadillacs. And rightfully so. Back then they were garbage. But they've really picked up in the last 5-6 years.
First of all, I seriously doubt any sizeable portion of modern Porsche owners are picking up replacement parts. More than likely it would be something covered under warranty and replaced by the service department. I can't even being to imagine any scenario in which a conversation ever turns into the customer ever having to "admit" to having constant issues.
Secondly, you have zero proof of what "lots of people" constitutes.
Thirdly, Cadillac was not so different in its rankings 5 years ago:

How is it that they were "garbage" when their PP100 score moved only 4.6%? In 2005, Cadillac ranked 5th overall, with a lower PP100 score than they have today. Were Cadillac owners lying back then too? I noticed you didn't answer the Cadillac vs BMW question. I could ask the same for Acura, which sold far fewer units than BMW yet ranked higher.
Fourthly, you can boast about working at however many dealerships you want. You are only one point of anecdotal "evidence" in a sea of available data. See, the way such surveys work is that they don't ask some one random guy working at a parts counter about what he thinks goes on in the minds of owners.

What you are still failing to understand is that this is a ratio of problems per 100 vehicles. You claim that the only reason Porsche can be that high is because they sold fewer cars. Then how do you explain Smart being so far down the list, yet selling only 1/3rd of what Porsche sold? Fiat and Scion don't sell remarkably more cars, yet fare considerably worse.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:32 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I blame it on Gubermint Motors!! How come they're not burning into a lake of fire , these !#$%& bankrupt rascals %=*#!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

Tge flaw is many car owners treat their cars they own differently. I know a guy that owns A number Audis. He had had Kinds of major issues with them, still thinks they are great, maintains them perfectly. He also owns a Subaru outback, does not maintain it well. He thinks that because it is a Lower priced car, its is not as good,not worthy of being treated as well.

The point being is the flaw in the survey is it deals with owners perception of being satisfied. When some pay A lot more, they may expect perfection, others don't want to admit they paid lot fit car that is junk.

Quick Reply: GM Leads J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey