Sponsored by:

12 sec 1/4 1.03G 3.8-60 and VIR in 2.51.7 60-0 107Ft good numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:23 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Telepierre
Great numbers and can't wait to see CFs corroborating with personal experiences.

Conversely, bless you all for pointing out the guibo fraud...
That jack @ went on ignore a long time ago
Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Thank you Snorman.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The C7 posted fantastic numbers with the manual. No doubt they would be significantly better with great automatic. The Vette is still being robbed of a lot of performance, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It's actually quite impressive to post those numbers with a manual.

When you have vehicles like the 458 and McLaren posting 3 seconds flat to 60 and 10.9 - 11 1/4s all day versus the ZR1's 3.4 and 11.2 - 11.4 consistently, there's a clear loss with the manual. We know the ZR1 can run sub 11, but it's rare and only by the best. Anyone can run 10.9 in the McLaren. The ZR1 has some traction issues but all of these cars are RWD and the traction issue would be mitigated with programming through an auto.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not trying fire anyone up over the everlasting manual vs automatic debate. I'm really trying to point out how amazing the Vette is without a world class automatic yet. The manual is impressive. Now GM needs to offer an impressive auto as well.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:58 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidl81
Can a mod please lock/ close this thread , clearly we are past the point of intelligent conversation on the performance on the C7.

Why is this still happening?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM
HamsHall
Instructor

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
I knew this car was going to be a beast!!

Cant believe people doubted it. Like I've been saying from the start.. C7 will deliver C6Z06-like performance (12 sec 1/4, 1.03G skidpad, 3.8-60 and VIR in 2.51.7)

I never expected the C7 to outperform the C6Z. But it definitely makes it a drivers race between the two vehicles.
let's not forget ,the C6 Z06, got faster with each year.
i say these numbers are Babe Ruth like make mine NightRaceBlue
with BlackShoes.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Caddylac10
The C7 posted fantastic numbers with the manual. No doubt they would be significantly better with great automatic. The Vette is still being robbed of a lot of performance, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It's actually quite impressive to post those numbers with a manual.

When you have vehicles like the 458 and McLaren posting 3 seconds flat to 60 and 10.9 - 11 1/4s all day versus the ZR1's 3.4 and 11.2 - 11.4 consistently, there's a clear loss with the manual. We know the ZR1 can run sub 11, but it's rare and only by the best. Anyone can run 10.9 in the McLaren. The ZR1 has some traction issues but all of these cars are RWD and the traction issue would be mitigated with programming through an auto.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not trying fire anyone up over the everlasting manual vs automatic debate. I'm really trying to point out how amazing the Vette is without a world class automatic yet. The manual is impressive. Now GM needs to offer an impressive auto as well.
It has as much to do with weight distribution as it does with the transmission. The McLaren and Ferrari are heavily rear biased, which allows a much better launch. A DCT in the Vette would help for sure, but it wouldn't completely close the gap IMO.

-T
Old 06-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Originally Posted by Trackaholic
It has as much to do with weight distribution as it does with the transmission. The McLaren and Ferrari are heavily rear biased, which allows a much better launch. A DCT in the Vette would help for sure, but it wouldn't completely close the gap IMO.

-T
True. Tadge said they created 48/52 weight distribution in the C7 by adding the trans/diff coolers to the rear, just like the race car. I'm sure the Corvette team found that setup to be a little better and likely help with traction issues, especially when launching.

The McLaren and 458 are about 42/58 which I'm sure is better for launching, but there's no reason why a car with as much power as the ZR1 shouldn't be able to consistently run 10s with an auto, even if it isn't a DCT.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM
HamsHall
Instructor

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
By: Angie Fisher on 6/20/2013 Unclear writing!
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray with an available performance package has been rated as the best performing standard Corvette to date.
Base model with performance exhaust!
The 2014 Vette with the performance-exhaust system can make the 0-60 sprint in 3.8 seconds. Braking from 60-0 mph takes just 107 feet, and the Stingray can sustain 1.03g in cornering.

The Corvette equipped with the performance package is priced at $56,590. The Stingray goes on sale this September with a base $51,995 price (including destination charges).
Included!
The $2,800 optional Z51 performance package adds an electronic limited-slip differential; dry-sump oiling system; integral brake, differential and transmission cooling; and aero package.
Extra!
Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management is a $1,795 option.
This is with everything!
A Corvette with the performance and magnetic ride-control package lapped the 4.2-mile Virginia International Raceway Grand Concourse in 2 minutes, 51.78 seconds. To achieve those figures, the Stingray was stripped to include just a racing seat and harness, and fire extinguisher system.
56590 is everything, but, it was 73k before?

This is how, you can get sum of your tax dollars back from GM just buy a new Corvette i'm in
Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Steel Rotors!

02 Z06 3118LB 104’

05 Z51 3267LB 113’

05 911S 3283LB 106’

06 Z06 3234LB 108’

08 Z51 3285LB 110’

107' with:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...vette-brembos/

Old 06-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Holy ****! That looks like a stock C7! Can I order that **** on mine?
That's not a C7. Those are C6's. Point being that for whatever time GM reports for Corvettes, they are probably all in similar states (seat, harness, fire suppression, data logging, etc).

Originally Posted by Snorman
Nah, I don't think I'm going to do that because a.) I have done nothing to violate the forum policies, and b.) most people here already know your agenda.
I know you're probably still upset that yesterday I asked you not to not sh*t in yet another thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Porsches, but you'll just have to get over that.
I think people would be best served by simply not taking your lightly worded baits, which are there to simply set up your chance to log back in as Guibo and type a 1/2 page post filled with cut and paste info and links.
S.
Actually, you are violating the forum policies:

"Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, 'digs,' personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.
Please remain civil as you post your varied opinions about the C7 and its relative merits to the C6 and other generations and other cars."

--johnodrake (moderator)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-and-heed.html

"Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.
Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members."

--savewave (administrator)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...rd-others.html

Your response to me was rude, hostile, negative, a blatant (not subtle) dig, and a personal attack. You were the one who veered off the topics* in this thread and made rude and inappropriate comments.
*The topic of Porsche was included in the original post. I brought this to your attention here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1584206319-post169.html

Just because I'm responding and quoting your post to Notch doesn't make me Notch. Multiple people quote and respond to my comments directed at others. This is not a novel concept.

Originally Posted by Notch
I don't believe Guibo served in the armed forces.
You're right, I haven't.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:32 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Enough....

now unless Guibo and Notch can be in two places on the planet at the same time I can find no evidence they are the same person...so unless you can PM me absolute PROOF that they are one and the same....drop it.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Snorman View Post
Nah, I don't think I'm going to do that because a.) I have done nothing to violate the forum policies,
actually I could probably go through this and other threads and find plenty of stuff for you and a few others with the constant bickering back and forth....

end it....all of you.

Quick Reply: 12 sec 1/4 1.03G 3.8-60 and VIR in 2.51.7 60-0 107Ft good numbers